Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zarth12

To Grozovoi or wait for PA

14 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles

So I am at a deciding point. Should I drop my XP and get the grozovoi, the last DD I don't have..... or should I save it for the PA DD's.  I typically only play T10 these days, so I will use the PA t10 DD as comparison... and from what I have read it will function a lot like a Fletcher/Gearing but with DWTs..... and access to Radar. 

Radar being as broken as it is in game on the ships that already have it, this is the main thing that has me considering the wait for PA release.

I wanted to get some suggestions.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

I think you should invest in the pan asian DD's and just earn XP for grozovoi over time and unlock it later.

[NOVA]
Members
44 posts
9,117 battles

I have all the T10 DDs and rarely play the Groz. It just isn't that good. Perhaps if there were more CV battles at T10, it might be worth getting, but I'd get the PA and the Groz later.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles

Thanks for the suggestions, I was just worried that the T10 PA dd just wasn't going to be unique enough for me to worry about going up that line fast. If it plays nearly identical to a Gearing with Radar..... that is pretty messed up.

[-K-]
Members
5,049 posts
8,934 battles
15 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I was just worried that the T10 PA dd just wasn't going to be unique enough for me to worry about going up that line fast. If it plays nearly identical to a Gearing with Radar..... that is pretty messed up.

Radar on DD's in general is messed up.  

Sometimes it really does seem like the devs are intentionally trying to break this game.

[L-H]
Members
75 posts
7,521 battles

I have the Grozovoi, super fun ship. But you should probably save the xp for the PA dds. That’s what I’ve been saving the free xp for

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Sometimes it really does seem like the devs are intentionally trying to break this game.

Ya, the golden goose fable, part 3, here. WoT already & WoWP (that abysmal failure from the start) point the way to what WG will likely repeat (again).

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles
1 hour ago, zarth12 said:

I typically only play T10 these days

If you are breathing such rarified air, OP, can't you figure it out for yourself?

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
570 posts
16,415 battles

Grozy its OK, but T52 way better, invest in the upcoming PA line. Cheers :Smile_glasses:

[-K-]
Members
5,049 posts
8,934 battles
1 hour ago, pufek said:

Grozy its OK, but T52 way better, invest in the upcoming PA line. Cheers :Smile_glasses:

I like the Grozovoi, but she is probably not everybody's cup of tea.  Plays completely different than Khabarovsk.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
2 hours ago, aethervox said:

If you are breathing such rarified air, OP, can't you figure it out for yourself?

No need to get an attitude. I had a harmless question.

I tend to try and play my gearing as much as possible but DDs other than the Z52 and Khaba typically leave a bad taste in my mouth with how screwed up the balance of the game has become with the Satellite Scan radar, DD neutering and BB coddling. 
I am actually at a point where DD is much more fun when you simply boycott caps. Adding a Radar DD to the mix is only going to screw that balance even further, in retrospect the T10 PA dd has a high chance of being not only boring but at the same time king DD at the same time. That is probably the root of my worries. I tend to like unique ships. Another reason my whale wallet goes on lockdown if WG continues with the CB gated Stalingrad

Edited by zarth12

[FAE]
Members
2,116 posts
2,507 battles

Look maybe you should avoid the negativity and look at some facts. 

1. Its radar OR smoke. Got it? OR. Meaning: Its not gonna play like a Gearing

2. its torps don't hit DDs at all. Meaning: its not going to play like a cap contester torper, like a gearing. 

3, It has less armor and less health than the Gearing. Meaning: Its not a Gearing. 

[DRACS]
Members
3,340 posts

As above. Radar replaces smoke. And it also is short ranged and lasts very little time (20s and 7.5km on the Tier X according to Notser's video). They also cannot equip Defensive Fire. In their current configuration, PA DDs are absolutely garbage and need to be buffed before release. Even Gros is a better DD at this moment.

Note: With the upcoming changes to USN CVs (and not for the better, unfortunately), Gros will be in high demand for a few months after the next patch hits as CVs will be a lot more common than now. Whereas Pan-Asian DDs without smoke or DF will become target #1 on every CVs list.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, zarth12 said:

Should I drop my XP and get the grozovoi, the last DD I don't have..... or should I save it for the PA DD's. 

Grozovoi is a good DD, but not a great DD (Khab IS a great DD).

Pan-Asian DD's; total wait and see at the moment.

So, if you are a DD "collector", Groz; else wait and see like everyone else.

Sign in to follow this