Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rikki127

V-25 is killing the game

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
21 posts
6,534 battles

I've greatly stopped enjoying WoW since the V-25 has been introduced.  Super maneuverable, all but impossible to hit with either torpedoes or shells from even medium range and when you do the damage doesn't seem commensurate with its puny size and construction.  So all advantages and no disadvantages.  I tried playing the ship briefly and sure enough, it was too easy to cause mayhem and thus no thrill, so I dumped it.  Am I all alone in this opinion?  Full disclosure: I do tend to like playing low tier under-equipped ships (much prefer Sampson to my Wickes or Clemson) for the challenge of it, perhaps more than most people.  But facing V-25s isn't a challenge, it's just annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
942
Members
4,457 posts
6,171 battles

I played her for awhile and she is fast and a hoot .  Ya she is hard to hit but when I did get hit in her I was GONE. Players who are good shots will hit you. At least in my experience and to be really effective with her ya gotta go full speed and get close. She is vulnerable when you do this.  At least that is how I played her.  Did not feel she was very effective at longer ranges.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,527
[HINON]
Supertester
18,955 posts
12,460 battles

Why don't you try it instead of crying about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,560
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,680 posts
15,193 battles

But its' speed and agility makes her great for racing!

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles

A lowly Tier 2 destroyer is "killing the game"?  I don't think so.

 

Every ship has a weakness.  Find it and exploit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,226 battles
1 hour ago, Rikki127 said:

sure enough, it was too easy to cause mayhem and thus no thrill,

It can cause mayhem & thus is lots of fun & a thrill to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
Members
9,868 posts
1 hour ago, Rikki127 said:

I've greatly stopped enjoying WoW since the V-25 has been introduced.  Super maneuverable, all but impossible to hit with either torpedoes or shells from even medium range and when you do the damage doesn't seem commensurate with its puny size and construction.  So all advantages and no disadvantages.  I tried playing the ship briefly and sure enough, it was too easy to cause mayhem and thus no thrill, so I dumped it.  Am I all alone in this opinion?  Full disclosure: I do tend to like playing low tier under-equipped ships (much prefer Sampson to my Wickes or Clemson) for the challenge of it, perhaps more than most people.  But facing V-25s isn't a challenge, it's just annoying.

 

A person with almost 6k battles complaining about a tier 2 ship? :Smile_amazed:

Considering some of the people I'm seeing in game, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
241
[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles
1 hour ago, Rikki127 said:

I've greatly stopped enjoying WoW since the V-25 has been introduced.

I've greatly stopped enjoying [food] since the [burrito] has been introduced.  Nothing compares to it - it is just too tasty of a concept!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

 

A person with almost 6k battles complaining about a tier 2 ship? :Smile_amazed:

Considering some of the people I'm seeing in game, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

He likes low tier gameplay, I dont see a problem with that :P

I mean its true very few people play at those tiers so intensely and most people just grind past them quickly never really learning everything about the ship but if it`s ruining his fun maybe he just wants them to balance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
Members
9,868 posts
Just now, Silver_kun said:

He likes low tier gameplay, I dont see a problem with that :P

I mean its true very few people play at those tiers so intensely and most people just grind past them quickly never really learning everything about the ship but if it`s ruining his fun maybe he just wants them to balance it.

 

Certainly his choice...but my point was, after 6k battles, he probably should have learned to deal with just about any T2.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

 

Certainly his choice...but my point was, after 6k battles, he probably should have learned to deal with just about any T2.....

That`s true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,976
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

...You think a T2 DD, T2, Tee-effing-TWO, is destroying the game? You appear to not understand that there are TEN tiers. More, I can think of any number of ships that can very easily delete said T2 DD from the match; Albany, St Louis, Dresden, Emden, Kolberg, just to throw some names out there.

 

You appear to be trying to kill a DD with other DD's which don't have great guns. That's your first issue. Your second is much worse, it's your attitude about it all. "I don't like it/can't handle it" whining will get you exactly nowhere.

 

Learn. Adapt. Stop whining. Overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
2 hours ago, Rikki127 said:

I tried playing the ship briefly and sure enough, it was too easy to cause mayhem and thus no thrill, so I dumped it.  Am I all alone in this opinion?  Full disclosure: I do tend to like playing low tier

 

1 hour ago, Lert said:

Why don't you try it instead of crying about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,527
[HINON]
Supertester
18,955 posts
12,460 battles

It did not show up in his stats when I looked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
343
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
2 hours ago, Rikki127 said:

I've greatly stopped enjoying WoW since the V-25 has been introduced.  Super maneuverable, all but impossible to hit with either torpedoes or shells from even medium range and when you do the damage doesn't seem commensurate with its puny size and construction.  So all advantages and no disadvantages.  I tried playing the ship briefly and sure enough, it was too easy to cause mayhem and thus no thrill, so I dumped it.  Am I all alone in this opinion?  Full disclosure: I do tend to like playing low tier under-equipped ships (much prefer Sampson to my Wickes or Clemson) for the challenge of it, perhaps more than most people.  But facing V-25s isn't a challenge, it's just annoying.

A tier 2 ship ruins the game? Just go to tier 4 and never face it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
Members
9,868 posts
25 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

This is sad....

 

No, this is the player base...

I played some Scenarios last night to work on some Tier 6's I haven't done anything with, And in every single match there was at least one player, usually in a premium, that seemed incredibly hapless.

Normally I don't waste my time looking at stats, I'm well aware that we have a really weak player base but i was curious. They all looked something like this....

First one I looked up.

 

6gZl14G.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,226 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Why don't you try it instead of crying about it.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

It did not show up in his stats when I looked.

OP is missing one of the 'funnest' DDs. (I guess 'that' is the real problem - he can't seem to hit it).

1 hour ago, The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob said:

[mHzXKu3.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
21 posts
6,534 battles

Wow, what a reaction.  My apologies if I came off as whining.  OK, my subject line was admittedly over the top so my fault there.  No, the V-25 is not "killing the game" but with forward shooting torps and higher hit points than a Samson it sure seemed like a candidate for tweaking to me.  If no one else shares that opinion then OK, that's my answer.  I don't see the need for an insult-fest.  Thanks to the few of you who offered useful comments and/or advice.  Yes, I will adapt and overcome.  That includes the hostility in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
477 posts
62 battles
38 minutes ago, Rikki127 said:

Wow, what a reaction.  My apologies if I came off as whining.  OK, my subject line was admittedly over the top so my fault there.  No, the V-25 is not "killing the game" but with forward shooting torps and higher hit points than a Samson it sure seemed like a candidate for tweaking to me.  If no one else shares that opinion then OK, that's my answer.  I don't see the need for an insult-fest.  Thanks to the few of you who offered useful comments and/or advice.  Yes, I will adapt and overcome.  That includes the hostility in this forum.

 

The reactions are because of your statement V-25 would be killing the game which is simply nonsense. She is a fun little ship but not eben breaking low-tier balance (save the game).

 

For the future I indeed have a constructive advise. Rather than ranting about something - let's say extremely subjective - I is easier to 1) play the ship in question yourself because you will see the weaknesses and limitations you might not see if an experienced player plays against you and 2) rather asking some questions about the ship on the forum rather than whining for a nerf (which isn't even justified in this case).

 

About hostility, yes ppl can get annoyed about too much whining because they see it regularly. Usually a random player comes to the forum and whines about the very ship that just killed him. And this is far from constructive either.

 

Cheers and don't forget it's a game and it should be fun. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×