Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grflrgl

Alternatives

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,289 battles

Hi All,

I've gotten to the point where I really don't enjoy playing the Neptune at all. I just researched the Mino, but don't think there's much hope there really. Every third game is good, and the rest are absolute blowouts (and I'll take my fair share of the blame for the blowouts). They aren't just close losses anymore, they're absolute wipeouts. The last game I played, we sank one ship and they sank all of ours. I know that's not all the Neptune's fault, but it happens a lot while playing the Neptune.

So what other cruiser line would some of you recommend?

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,836 battles

The Minotaur relied heavily on the OLD smoke mechanic to perform well. Now? Meh...

Maybe if they fixed the firing arcs so US DD's didn't laugh at her...

• Cool 1

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
8,171 battles

its kind like having an ex girlfriend, you will get over it and get the Minotaur and then talk about how much better the Neptune is

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, Thraxian said:

The Minotaur relied heavily on the OLD smoke mechanic to perform well. Now? Meh...

Maybe if they fixed the firing arcs so US DD's didn't laugh at her...

I don't have the Minotaur, so I'm assuming that you're implying that the Mino's shell trajectories (firing arcs are the directions your guns can aim) are too loopy to hit DDs.  If so, the thing is that there are pros and cons to low and high shell trajectories.  It's usually easier from my experience to hit stuff with higher velocity, lower shell trajectories.  OTOH, it's easier to hide behind islands and shoot over them with lower velocity, higher shell trajectories.  

[TF16B]
Members
8,054 posts
16,991 battles

Many people say Mino is great... Can't even get Leander to be worth a flip; so I'm just not going there.

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,289 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Many people say Mino is great... Can't even get Leander to be worth a flip; so I'm just not going there.

The Leander is the ship I have with the most kills. Not the best win rate, but Leander and Fiji are one and two, then everyone else far behind.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,053 battles

With the new smoke mechanics, need to change how its played.  Use to be more aggressive, now you need to hang back in the 10km to 12 km range - play more like a Kut - between radar, and the 5.4 km detection in smoke when firing, have to be more careful.  Have to say that I experience more "famine" games and less "feasts" since the change - to the point that I have not been taking my Mino out very often

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,362 posts
10,151 battles
8 hours ago, Grflrgl said:

Hi All,

I've gotten to the point where I really don't enjoy playing the Neptune at all. I just researched the Mino, but don't think there's much hope there really. Every third game is good, and the rest are absolute blowouts (and I'll take my fair share of the blame for the blowouts). They aren't just close losses anymore, they're absolute wipeouts. The last game I played, we sank one ship and they sank all of ours. I know that's not all the Neptune's fault, but it happens a lot while playing the Neptune.

So what other cruiser line would some of you recommend?

French Cruisers and German are pretty good and you have the upcoming US line split to play new ships in. I am not an IJN or Russian Cruiser fan but the others are good (for me). BRN line is my favorite. Only to Edinburgh though. Smoke nerf has really hurt the BRN playstyle. Hope WG does something to fix it because the ships are too fragile to not have the protection of smoke.

Sign in to follow this