You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DanCallaghan

ARP & Steven Seagal Voices missing fix

5 comments in this topic

Members
270 posts
3,768 battles

Logged on today to find my ARP voices no longer worked. After spending about 20-30 minutes on google, I found this fix from Aessaya. I haven't tested all the ships, some are saying the Kongo and Thea (don't know who that is?) still don't work after this. But it seems to give most of the special commanders their voices back. :)

Members
270 posts
3,768 battles

Or, for those too lazy to click to a different post, here's the solution copy and pasted...

Note: this is literally copied and pasted from Aessaya's post. This is not my work, but this seems to fix the issue for me. :)

Okay, so while working on making the Mermaid's Wrath working on 0.6.13 I have accidentally fixed the ARP/HSF/StevenSeagull not showing up in forced VOs problem...

Here's how you can fix that:

• Go to your warbotes folder, locate the res folder
  • Go to banks
  • Delete (or move somewhere else) the folders "Languages" and "OfficialMods" (but leave the file mod.xml)
  • Restart your warbotes client.
  • Your animu grrls should be back...

I suspect these folders (leftover from pre-0.6.6 era when they contained the actual data, now they're just empty folder trees, no files) are somehow messing up the mod detection of the client. Unfortunately, other mods are still borked...

edit: please someone else confirm that this is the step that gets the VOs back, so I can submit it to the official thread.

Edited by DanCallaghan
  • Cool 1

[YEET]
Members
48 posts
4,082 battles

You must after doing this switch to Standard for Voices.

It's STILL broken for National. It's been broken for MONTHS for National.  It seems that WG doesn't care.

I payed real money for HSF Harekaze and it's an ongoing collab and they still haven't fixed it.

They [edited] up ARP Takao's Model too. Been multiple updates and no fix. Fog ships don't have the Imperial Chrysanthemum on them. That's a dumb human thing not the proper emblem of the Fleet of Fog

Edited by Zelinko