You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NotSynpax

Audio Mod Requested

11 comments in this topic

[TNG-D]
Members
107 posts
815 battles

I'd like a mod that gives these audio cues: 

- When you're located

- When you're unlocated

- When you're detected

- When you're undetected

- When you're targeted

- When you're untargeted.

I'm offering a $10 USD bounty for this mod. 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,409 posts

Well, firstly, we'd have to code it. Second, we'd have to get it voiced.
Thirdly, Detected and Located sound like the same thing... fourth.... your username is NotSynpax but your signature is Pulicat...... was that intentional?

But getting back on topic, Mermaid's Wrath could take a crack at this but it's a long way off... there currently isn't an off-on switch for placing mods and voice lines, we can't just label something EN_Targeted_1.wem and call it a day, this is something that requires a LOT of experimentation and development considering we're just modders, not the developers in St. Petersberg.
And $10 USD? It'll cost more than that to have the lines professionally voiced...

[TNG-D]
Members
107 posts
815 battles

'professionally voiced' 

Don't care about 'professionally voiced," though I could have all of that "professionally voiced" for $5 on fiverr. 

[TNG-D]
Members
107 posts
815 battles

Yes. 

Also for Fiverr, they can 'shop a photo of you with your 13-yo Asian "waifu."

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,851 posts
4,224 battles
12 minutes ago, NotSynpax said:

Yes. 

And for $5 more, they can photoshop you in with your 15-year-old avatar who comes-up as a "Nazi Girl" when reverse-image-searched....

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,409 posts
2 hours ago, NotSynpax said:

Yes. 

Or I could do it myself since I'm already a seasoned graphic artist, here, have an image I brushed up the other day of my "waifu" on a whim

You're not exactly gaining any sympathy from this community by insulting its members, and if you want this actually very complex request to be even considered, you're going to NEED our sympathy. Otherwise, you can just use your eyes like everyone else to determine if you've been spotted or targeted.

Fiverr, by the way, has wildly inconsistent product quality and any VA that takes their job seriously does not go anywhere near it. To get quality voicework done you need to reach out to the VAs individually (and politely). I find the best way is to browse Youtube fan-projects, like abridged series. Most of Mermaid's Wrath's cast was selected from the MLP:FiM and Overwatch comic dub communities. In several cases, one VA recommended another to me, which allowed the cast to branch out quite quickly.
But... if you're just going to throw a few dollars at someone and expect a product to last through the ages, all you're going to get is some teen with a voice-changer program mimicking an older man using his iPhone microphone to record a single take of the lines you want. Then you have to edit it yourself, adjust the compression and volume, remove background noise and other equalization. Then you have to convert it to a .WEM format that is compatible with the game. Then you need to pull off some very complex digging through the game files to try and figure out the event flags for the stuff you want to have voiced, by the way, the game is over 20gb so good luck with that, then you have to write your own lines of code so that those event flags trigger linked sound files. Now at this point, WG's anti-cheat programs would probably kick in and your whole project would be vapour, but assuming you get that far you'd then need to write more code to have the .WEM sound files play when the event triggers via the Mod .XML file... only then would you have your sounds.

Honestly... not worth the $10 in the slightest, to put that into perspective, it costs me less to walk across my street and buy a 30cm sub (toasted cold-cut with cheese) and a medium drink... do you really think ANYONE on this forum is going to put in that much work for that little pay? Especially when you start your relationship with the modding community by insulting one of us?

• Cool 4

[IXM]
Members
180 posts
4,035 battles

Just out of curiosity I went through the mod.xml file supplied with the client looking for specific triggers and events for the requested parts, and could not find any. So unless the client has them hidden somewhere it may actually be not possible to mod. Not without digging through the client's code and applying a binary patch to it. Which, like Chobittsu has pointed out, would instantly red-flag it to Wargaming.

[-ARP-]
Members
397 posts
3,640 battles
4 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Or I could do it myself since I'm already a seasoned graphic artist, here, have an image I brushed up the other day of my "waifu" on a whim

You're not exactly gaining any sympathy from this community by insulting its members, and if you want this actually very complex request to be even considered, you're going to NEED our sympathy. Otherwise, you can just use your eyes like everyone else to determine if you've been spotted or targeted.

Fiverr, by the way, has wildly inconsistent product quality and any VA that takes their job seriously does not go anywhere near it. To get quality voicework done you need to reach out to the VAs individually (and politely). I find the best way is to browse Youtube fan-projects, like abridged series. Most of Mermaid's Wrath's cast was selected from the MLP:FiM and Overwatch comic dub communities. In several cases, one VA recommended another to me, which allowed the cast to branch out quite quickly.
But... if you're just going to throw a few dollars at someone and expect a product to last through the ages, all you're going to get is some teen with a voice-changer program mimicking an older man using his iPhone microphone to record a single take of the lines you want. Then you have to edit it yourself, adjust the compression and volume, remove background noise and other equalization. Then you have to convert it to a .WEM format that is compatible with the game. Then you need to pull off some very complex digging through the game files to try and figure out the event flags for the stuff you want to have voiced, by the way, the game is over 20gb so good luck with that, then you have to write your own lines of code so that those event flags trigger linked sound files. Now at this point, WG's anti-cheat programs would probably kick in and your whole project would be vapour, but assuming you get that far you'd then need to write more code to have the .WEM sound files play when the event triggers via the Mod .XML file... only then would you have your sounds.

Honestly... not worth the $10 in the slightest, to put that into perspective, it costs me less to walk across my street and buy a 30cm sub (toasted cold-cut with cheese) and a medium drink... do you really think ANYONE on this forum is going to put in that much work for that little pay? Especially when you start your relationship with the modding community by insulting one of us?

I'd appreciate it if showed us more of your waifu...