You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

British naming contests

8 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles

" Doncaster had a naming contest for their two new gritting lorries, and the public came through in brilliant fashion! "

WDaiJzf.png

Zfc0iWQ.png

Source and source.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles

Is that British humor or Amirican ingenuity?

[SOUP]
7,375 posts
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Is that British humor or Amirican ingenuity?

Considering it's in Britain, I doubt there was any American "ingenuity" involved.

Members
2,407 posts
2,202 battles

Will I Am

Grit P Low

David Plowie is pretty good though. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[SYN]
Members
14,375 posts
10,239 battles

Brits come up with the weirdest of names

although, I would blame the Welsh, Irish and Scots for this, more than England.

[SOUP]
7,375 posts
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Brits come up with the weirdest of names

although, I would blame the Welsh, Irish and Scots for this, more than England.

Allow me to share a quote from my Discord Channel's wall of fame while talking about the longest word in any language. Turned out to be the chemical name of Titin, the largest known protein, 189,819 words long:

Chobittsu: "Methionyltreonylthreonylglutaminylalrylglycylphenylalanylprolylvalylprolyylglycylarginylalanyllysylleucylthreonylglutamylleucylleucylvalyllysylalanutaminylvalylarginylvalylthreonylglycglutaminylglutamylglycylaspartylleucyylthreonylserylthreonylalanylglutamylglutaminylthreonylarginylisoleucylglunylglutaminylleucylprolylhistidyllysyylglutaminylserylprolylserylprolylisoonylserylprolylisoleucylarginylserylvtamylglycyltyrosylvalylalanylserylsercylarginyltyrosylglycylvalylglutaminyserylalanylseryltyrosylalanylalanylglulalanyllysylglutamylvalyllysylglutaminlanylalanylvalylalanylthreonylvalylvallalanylarginylvalylarginylglutamylproltamylglutaminylthreonylalanylglutaminyeonylalanylvalylhistidylisoleucylglutaglutaminylvalylarginyllysylglutamylalathreonyllysylvalylvalylvalylalanylalanlutaminylglutamylleucyllysylserylarginleucylthreonylthreonyllysylglutaminylgalylthreonylhistidylglutamylglutaminylylglutamyllysylthreonylphenylalanylvalylalanylalanyllysylalanyllysylglutamyloleucylserylglutamylglutamylisoleucylttaminylvalylthreonylglutaminylglutamylylthreonylarginyllysylthreonylvalylvalnylthreonylprolyllysylvalyllysylglutamlarginylglycylarginylglutamylglycylisolutamylglutaminylvalylglutaminylisoleuethionylarginyllysylglutamylalanylgluthreonylisoleucylalanylvalylalanylthreoutaminylglutamylthreonylisoleucylleucyonylmethionylalanylthreonylarginylglututaminylvalylthreonylhistidylglycyllyslalanylglutamylalanylvalylalanylthreonylglutaminylalanylarginylvalylarginylglycylhistidylleucylglutamylglutamylserthreonylthreonylleucylglutamyltyrosylgleucyls"
"It goes on like that for a while"

Wadsworth (British) :
"I bet you that's a town in Wales"