You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

OMG...Cesare,will you marry me?

29 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,776 posts
12,900 battles

Yeah, I know it's seal club territory...but damn.

C1.thumb.jpg.90d9864f69b658d3f6f6aa89e7d0c88b.jpg

C2.thumb.jpg.45f91b2743fee54ab705b66e6096ba2b.jpg

A little bit of description on the end of this game.  I was convinced it was lost, but was going to go out swinging.  I was toward the edge of the map when the reds began to cap (standard mode).  I didn't even think I would get back to the cap before they finished the cap.  It was a long slow drive.  And even if I did get there, they had a BB, a CA, and a DD. 

But just before the cap finished, I spotted their CA and reset his portion.  Eventually killed him.  And then entered the cap with maybe a tic or two left.  At this point the DD could have just ran away...even their BB could have run and they win on points.  

Then I spotted the DD...just sitting there.  He was AFK!!!!!  Down he goes.

Then the BB challenged me...broadside vs angled.  That ended badly for him.  And the game was won.

But I think back to the AFK DD.  I have to wonder if that player was so sure of the win, they decided not to stick around.  Just parked in the cap and went off to something else.

Yes, it's T5.  And my win was due to numerous strategic (just run away...and perhaps most importantly...don't Leave!) and tactical (don't broadside) errors.  These errors are expected at this level, which is why I guess they call it seal clubbing.  And the concept of running away to win..well, that is often lost on players in T10.    

• Cool 7

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,284 battles

Solo Warrior...2,400 base XP...all dem medals.  Very nice!  :Smile_medal:

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,195 posts
2,029 battles

Yup... she's awesome. Love her to pieces!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,798 posts

Alright, everyone needs to STOP with all these GC threads.   Let's just keep the population small so when they get banned there aren't too many floating around.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,198 battles

Based on the amount of time tier 5's get thrown into tier 7, playing them does not constitute seal clubbing ( unless you do something sketchy like division with a tier 4 CV ).  Fellow RUST clannie @Ducky_shot did a nice statistical look at how OP GC is versus other removed premium BB's - it's a good read.

I have found that the GC has some very important advantages that are not obvious to the casual player and don't seem important on a stat sheet, but lead to remarkable performances by decent players.

The ship has a short length, and the turret placement and traverse angles are nice, but combined with the maneuverability and small turning circle, allow you to use all ten guns in a kiting or closing scenario.  Other BB's turn more slowly, and due to length have to turn more to expose their other turrets.  This allows the GC to have better angling between shots, and forces the opposing ship to take risks if they want to match your shell output. 

When you add in the good concealment, and accuracy, you can keep the engagement at a length that allows you to actually go dark in between volleys, frustrating opposing captains.  While the armor is light, speed, maneuverability and concealment make that problem workable.  The AP shells from such a small gun hit very hard, not because the individual shells are so powerful, but because more of them hit per volley.

I was in a tier 7 match this week, and kited away from a KG V, a Belfast and two Iron Dukes - aside from the 40% health KG V and a 60% health Iron Duke, the other two ships started the chase at full health, I sank them all.  Swish swish swish until I went dark, set up a shot on the nearest pursuer and boom, then back to swish my tail during reload.  It's a fun ship to play, and a comfortable ship to play, and the people who didn't get it are gonna regret it if WG doesn't put it back on sale again.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
19 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Yup... she's awesome. Love her to pieces!

Him...better break the news to your parents gently. :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
7,195 posts
2,029 battles
17 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Him...better break the news to your parents gently. :Smile_hiding:

Habit's a b*tch lol

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,325 posts
11,458 battles

WG couldn't take my money fast enough for this ship.

Sexy and very fun.

Good game Soshi.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,607 posts
3,346 battles

Holy cow!  I've had some consistently good games in the GC, in the 130K range, but that's next-level awesome!

Edited by DerKrampus

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,153 posts
1,648 battles

She does seem pretty good thus far.  I only have five games, but I'd have to say the guns are very nice and the armor weaknesses can be worked around.

I seem to mesh better with battlecruiser/fast battleship play styles, and Giulio Cesare is definitely in that mold.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles

Don't ever give up.

As long as your team fights and can draw the battle out, there's a chance for enemy mistakes to capitalize on.  Sometimes when teams see that they're going to easily win, they start doing some stupid stuff.  That opens the door to comebacks that should never happen.

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

Damn fine match! Love to see the replay.

...and remember:

giphy.gif.8ab5891c2bf4772b5270ec5faf377d71.gif

Members
3,638 posts
13,487 battles

Nice and grats Soshi! I may have to build up my GC's Captain (he only has 8 points) and take her out for a spin.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
3 hours ago, Helstrem said:

She does seem pretty good thus far.  I only have five games, but I'd have to say the guns are very nice and the armor weaknesses can be worked around.

I seem to mesh better with battlecruiser/fast battleship play styles, and Giulio Cesare is definitely in that mold.

Bad news, she's a he.

tumblr_nciochDrR91th4yw6o6_r1_250.gif

I totally expect Cesare to be pulled at some point. Even in "bad" games as long as I live I still get good scores. Basically all I did was delete a belfast that didn't know how to enter smoke and an Omaha that thought it could go on a torp run. Every other salvo trolled me instead of the red team.

nrKzli2.jpg

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,153 posts
1,648 battles
3 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Bad news, she's a he.

This is an English forum.  In English ships are referred to as “she”.  Deal with it.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

This is an English forum.  In English ships are referred to as “she”.  Deal with it.

Yet so many people refer to German ships in the masculine because of one captain. Typical everything counts until it comes to the Italians attitude. :cap_like:

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,153 posts
1,648 battles
4 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Yet so many people refer to German ships in the masculine because of one captain. Typical everything counts until it comes to the Italians attitude. :cap_like:

Because they are wehraboos.

I use the English method for all ships because I am speaking English.  I don’t treat the Italians any differently.

Edited by Helstrem

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles

Well cupcake if you are going to tow the line you should be using the neutral form as that is now considered proper. Until then it is considered appropriate to follow the form of the country of origin. Cheers and I’m out. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
8 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

Bad news, she's a he.

tumblr_nciochDrR91th4yw6o6_r1_250.gif

I totally expect Cesare to be pulled at some point. Even in "bad" games as long as I live I still get good scores. Basically all I did was delete a belfast that didn't know how to enter smoke and an Omaha that thought it could go on a torp run. Every other salvo trolled me instead of the red team.

nrKzli2.jpg

87k damage earn 400k? what kind of credit boost did you use? I like to know if it's a good credit earner, like 50% over tree ship?

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles
8 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Because they are wehraboos.

I use the English method for all ships because I am speaking English.  I don’t treat the Italians any differently.

Yet, you used the word wehraboo, which is not an English word. It does not appear in the dictionary.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
8 hours ago, Helstrem said:

It doesn't even matter that its English forums. All ships are she's. Any sailor worth his salt will tell you as much. There are no exceptions, not for Germany, not for Italy, not for nobody. Ships are she's. End of story.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
25 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

It doesn't even matter that its English forums. All ships are she's. Any sailor worth his salt will tell you as much. There are no exceptions, not for Germany, not for Italy, not for nobody. Ships are she's. End of story.

French cruisers are referred to as male....

Captain Lindemann , the captain of Bismarck said that Bismarck was too large to be female and so he insisted that his crew call her "he"

Now I prefer ships to be female personally if the country of origin refers them all as female and don`t agree to Lindemann`s comment but if a ship was male at creation I have no problem at all or if the country of origin prefers to identify the ship as male.

In modern German Bismarck like all other ships gets the prefix "die" making her female.

Moreover it`s just a custom a ship dosen`t have to be a she, so If a capain prefers calling his ship he it`s upto him.

Edited by Silver_kun