Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Hard to find a BB fight these days..

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

It must be the current missions, but it is really hard to get a good BB fight now. Have to fight your way though torp walls and HE just to get to maybe one of the 3 BB's in the game.   Can't complain.  Been putting the boots to many a DD and Cruiser..   Finally got a good shoot out with a Yam last game.  He went for the ram..bad choice.  He could have gunned me.  I ended up smoking him with a 2 cit hit when he was about ohhhh.. an  inch away from me.  lol.  whew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[YARRR]
Members
393 posts
4,729 battles

Had a good low tier 1 v 1 last night.

i was in Bellerophon, and my adversary was in a South Carolina.  Oddly he was using HE and I was loaded with AP.  

At the point we were at in the match, the winner would decide the outcome.  Fortunately he doggedly stuck to HE.  I controlled my fire damage properly and just chipped away at his hit point pool till he blew up.

FTW.  Got Dreadnought and Fire Proof as well.

I was on the edge of my seat, heart pounding the whole time.

 

Great fun.

 

 

Edited by ElAurens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

BB aren't meant to prefer fights with BBs. Your job is to push the enemy back to make room in the cap for your DD.  Punish the ones who won't fall back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Grizley said:

BB aren't meant to prefer fights with BBs. Your job is to push the enemy back to make room in the cap for your DD.  Punish the ones who won't fall back.

Oh I get it..  been a good glorious 3-4 kill games smoking DD and Ca's.   2 games ago I had a 3 DD wolf pack running at me...   I saw them..I even told them coming in.  Run now...  2 close Q later and a clean up from my cruiser buddy..  lol.   I really like the cruisers that just glide in at 12-13k nice and broadside.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[CUTE]
Members
93 posts
5,592 battles

I'd be more than happy to trade with you. Idk whose "special" brownies you ate but every time I look at the team lineup for the past 2 years it's been 5bbs and change per team... the change doesn't last very long.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
47 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

It must be the current missions, but it is really hard to get a good BB fight now. Have to fight your way though torp walls and HE just to get to maybe one of the 3 BB's in the game.   Can't complain.  Been putting the boots to many a DD and Cruiser..   Finally got a good shoot out with a Yam last game.  He went for the ram..bad choice.  He could have gunned me.  I ended up smoking him with a 2 cit hit when he was about ohhhh.. an  inch away from me.  lol.  whew. 

Your title was "Hard to find a BB fight these days", i'll correct that for you. It should have said, "Hard to find a BB that fights these days"... They're all too busy hiding behind island way off in the corner of the map letting everyone else do the fighting. Maybe that's why you can't find any BBs? There's still more BBs playing than anything else.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Your title was "Hard to find a BB fight these days", i'll correct that for you. It should have said, "Hard to find a BB that fights these days"... They're all too busy hiding behind island way off in the corner of the map letting everyone else do the fighting.

That is true as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
408
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
3,530 battles
1 hour ago, Grizley said:

BB aren't meant to prefer fights with BBs. Your job is to push the enemy back to make room in the cap for your DD.  Punish the ones who won't fall back.

Me and you both know that's not what 80% of them do though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
3 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Me and you both know that's not what 80% of them do though.

 

Too true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 hour ago, Grizley said:

BB aren't meant to prefer fights with BBs. Your job is to push the enemy back to make room in the cap for your DD.  Punish the ones who won't fall back.

Exactly. There's only one way to play the game. The sooner everyone understands that the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
44 minutes ago, Scytheon said:

I'd be more than happy to trade with you. Idk whose "special" brownies you ate but every time I look at the team lineup for the past 2 years it's been 5bbs and change per team... the change doesn't last very long.

Aint that the truth! A common lineup for my battles; 5 BBs, 2-3 Cruisers, 4-5 DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
2 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Exactly. There's only one way to play the game. The sooner everyone understands that the better.

 

There is one optimal way.  You can do other things if you want, like guns only Shima or ramming only Kurfurst.  Don't expect anyone to appreciate you playing like a moron though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, Grizley said:

 

There is one optimal way.  You can do other things if you want, like guns only Shima or ramming only Kurfurst.  Don't expect anyone to appreciate you playing like a moron though.

You fail to understand how "metas" work. Why do they change so frequently? Because people discover new effective strategies. You may think you know that "one optimal way" but in reality you know one effective way. Stop pushing your ridiculous thinking onto people. You're not as knowledgeable as you think you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
7 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

You fail to understand how "metas" work. Why do they change so frequently? Because people discover new effective strategies. You may think you know that "one optimal way" but in reality you know one effective way. Stop pushing your ridiculous thinking onto people. You're not as knowledgeable as you think you are.

 

Compared to what?  You?  Don't make me laugh.

 

You go ahead and find me a meta anywhere where BBs fight other BBs and ignore the others.  Better yet, one that doesn't involve using your BBs to push.  Let me guess, the best you'll be able to come up with is something along the lines of "Well in the Kongo you can do ok at long range".  Give me a break.  That isn't a useful way to play the ship, especially if you're targeting enemy BBs.  They can simply angle against your shells and pretty much ignore you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, Grizley said:

Compared to what?  You?  Don't make me laugh.

 

You go ahead and find me a meta anywhere where BBs fight other BBs and ignore the others.  Better yet, one that doesn't involve using your BBs to push.  Let me guess, the best you'll be able to come up with is something along the lines of "Well in the Kongo you can do ok at long range".  Give me a break.  That isn't a useful way to play the ship, especially if you're targeting enemy BBs.  They can simply angle against your shells and pretty much ignore you.

Why compared to me? That's not what I meant at all. It's absurd in general to go around and tell people how to play. People play how they want to play. That's why they're here. That's how they enjoy the game. Not to comply with the demands of some obnoxious stranger on the Internet. Know your place.

 

Also, this conversation isn't so much about metas. I was just straightening you out since you seem like you're a bit lost. Feel free to thank me later after you regain your wits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

Why compared to me? That's not what I meant at all. It's absurd in general to go around and tell people how to play. People play how they want to play. That's why they're here. That's how they enjoy the game. Not to comply with the demands of some obnoxious stranger on the Internet. Know your place.

 

Also, this conversation isn't so much about metas. I was just straightening you out since you seem like you're a bit lost. Feel free to thank me later after you regain your wits.

 

I won't wait for you to find any wit.  That said, I gave you permission to play like a tool if you want.  I'll complain about you in discord when you're doing it, but in the end you can do what you want.  No matter how stupid, pointless and counterproductive it is.

 

Some people like to win games.  For them, there is handy advice available.  Other people... do you want to explain what you play for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
901 posts
4,218 battles

I personally vote for all BB captains to play like the OP, will make the game much more fun, especially for shimakaze mains... :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Vaitmana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,791 posts

I'm very aggressive with my BBs.  Too much so sometimes.   But I find that the hide in the back BBs only crop up on my team about 1 out of 3 or 4 games.

 

Maybe it's just my experience - because the other BBs on my team see me going in and decide to follow, but from what I've seen the cowards don't come out as often as people make out.

 

That said when I see people doing it, as a BB player it pisses me off every time!  On the other team I make a special effort to flank and destroy bow campers or anyone I catch sailing backwards like an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[KENT]
Members
480 posts
3,037 battles
1 hour ago, Scytheon said:

I'd be more than happy to trade with you. Idk whose "special" brownies you ate but every time I look at the team lineup for the past 2 years it's been 5bbs and change per team... the change doesn't last very long.

Not today for some reason.  But every other day, yes.  

 

I just wish it would be more BBs today so I can do Kagero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×