Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

The wait is OVER. We done!

30 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

Congratz sir, well done!  How do you like it?  I've got one but have only logged 1 game.  It seems like a good ship though.

B

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

I have to earn ~138k XP before getting my hands on it. GG.

It's probably a stupid question but you're leveling a new commander for your Henri or you'll put one of your trained French commander ? 5 commander pts at T10 is suicidal 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles
3 hours ago, Thraxian said:

That Camo....

it ugly, but it will do, Rolkatsuki's discussion it not really worth to have the 5k doubloon camo unless you bring it out and like her like crazy, for example everyday

3 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Congratz sir, well done!  How do you like it?  I've got one but have only logged 1 game.  It seems like a good ship though.

I didnt have enough credit to fully spec her out to my own play style yet, so she going to rest in port for now. General rule of thumb so far every French cruiser is good grind

1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

but you're leveling a new commander for your Henri or you'll put one of your trained French commander ? 5 commander pts at T10 is suicidal 

i just got her, so i put a French commander into her for show. I dont have any premium French ship to train captain.

Previously when i got the StLew-ee, my captain start at 3 pts. My Hindy capt was 3 and i grinded her to 10 pts, so if i can get my hand on a premium French ship if not just a normal grind will do. It will not be that long once i got things together

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles

2nd game in her, still grinding credit to spec her up

up hills battle

e7Mj3kw.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,412 posts
10,181 battles

Congratulations. I have liked the French Cruisers a lot so far. I am only to T7 (50%+ to T8) but have really liked them all except for the T6 which just lacks offense.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles

3rd game in her

After consultation with others, i had her 1/5th spec, got the main battery mod 2

G6KgzyJ.jpg

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles

Had to go back to the Spee to build up cash reserves after the Halloween builds (2 of them) and will soon get back to the Charles M.  Will probably have to go between them as I am not good enough at higher tiers to make money every game.  I can buy the St Louis though - need more XP to upgrade though.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles

if you had the camo for the CM, or the Halloween camo, the CM is now a semi-premium ship

very good for the grind that needed

Or

the Missouri

6 hours ago, CylonRed said:

to build up cash reserves

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles
7 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

if you had the camo for the CM, or the Halloween camo, the CM is now a semi-premium ship

very good for the grind that needed

Or

the Missouri

I have the Anniversary camo - Free and Commander XP bosts.  The other camo (Type 18) is 3K doubloons and I have 2990 so Spee is still my premium ship for cash.  Not buying pixel ships for cash and 750K XP - get way to bored for the grind. 

CM is still insta-lose for me.  43.97% WR now after 3 losses last night.form 45.x% before.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles
9 hours ago, CylonRed said:

still insta-lose for me

hhmm I have to be very careful about the next offering as some stalker can get me on the forum, eyes looking around and whispering :Smile_hiding:

we can division up and play together a few games  :Smile_medal:

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles
2 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

hhmm I have to be very careful about the next offering as some stalker can get me on the forum, eyes looking around and whispering :Smile_hiding:

we can division up and play together a few games  :Smile_medal:

First game tonight  - 11K damage and lost $61K.  Rounded a corner with a Bismark and 2 DDs, at least 1 DD, and a Iowa and Yammy - yeeee haaa.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles

If I am playing high tier BB, and if rounded the corner and I see a French cruiser, that will be my first targeting (or British cruiser), once that done, next will be the dd, most likely radar the dd, lastly working on the bb

So, if you play the CM, and rounding the corner, hang back let the fleet go ahead a little, make sure you hit hydro to help detecting torps just in case and expect to fire asap, CM AP round close range is VERY NASTY and yum yum

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles
2 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

If I am playing high tier BB, and if rounded the corner and I see a French cruiser, that will be my first targeting (or British cruiser), once that done, next will be the dd, most likely radar the dd, lastly working on the bb

So, if you play the CM, and rounding the corner, hang back let the fleet go ahead a little, make sure you hit hydro to help detecting torps just in case and expect to fire asap, CM AP round close range is VERY NASTY and yum yum

12K second game and lost another $45K.   Can't hit the broadside of anything in this thing and another loss in it,  I always hang back but try and support DDs and capital ships and works great in the Spee or any other French cruiser - in teh CM every decision is bad.  I should just stick with the La Gal.

EDIT:  No better with the St Louis...  At least my WR will be slightly higher than 50%.  Can get cits - can't kill a damn thing and avg damage 20K below server average.

Edited by CylonRed

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

Congratulations. The Henri IV is a lot of fun, and plays for me much like the Khabarovsk. Fast, great guns, agile. If you get one of the Engine Boost Mod 1 upgrades, the Henri should be high  on the list of ships to get it.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
On 11/21/2017 at 5:56 PM, ObiwankzKenobi said:

you have to hit it first  :P  burned down lot of BBs in french CAs.  but there are lot of potato drivers.

Edited by centarina

[OGF]
Members
137 posts
10,395 battles

I like it...fast, nimble, good rof, sets fires very well, 9K torps that spread quite a bit.  Hydro is helpful.  The forward "spaced armor" lets you tank a bit against other CA's and DD's.

You can't yolo in it.  You attract a lot of focus fire.  I've had to modify my play style a lot to trying to find a spot to fire from defilade early, then move up once the battle is set.  Otherwise, I'm lucky to last 3 minutes.

IMHO the detectability is kind of a problem, even with CE.  It's easy to out turn the turrets.

I enjoy it a lot.

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,452 battles

Fun ship. I need to spend time in her,, cause I flat out loved the entire line. When I'm kiting in a frenchy flinging fries at the enemy It's like,,,

1,542 posts
26 battles

Sweet! How are you enjoying her so far? Have seen a nice couple of victories here! 

(also, unpopular opinion: I kinda like that camo -runs and hides- :Smile_hiding:)

[SPTR]
Members
25,662 posts
10,829 battles

No one is loudly found of their french cruisers as Obi is mufufufu~ cheers to you mate. /^.\\ c|_| 

(The bunch of symbols at the end is a emoticon of Kako holding a beer stein)

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,475 battles
12 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

end is a emoticon of Kako holding a beer stein

drunk??

reported for drink while playing (seal clubbing).

12 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

No one is loudly found of their french cruisers as Obi is mufufufu

I am a big fat France cruiser, fast and stealthy

Here is my speed boost and here is my guns

Tip me over, and eat my arsenals

Edit: Rant

Got a SC from the Clan Battle, open it and got defensive AA, AGAIN, seriously .... I prefer speed boost, I had 3 defensive AA now

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[SPTR]
Members
25,662 posts
10,829 battles
4 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Edit: Rant

Got a SC from the Clan Battle, open it and got defensive AA, AGAIN, seriously .... I prefer speed boost, I had 3 defensive AA now

I got like 3 engine boost mods in total now from SCs in the pass 3-4 months I put one each on my Henri and Khaba 3rd one maybe on a future prem ship a french prem ship. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I liked CM a lot,  Saint Louis on other hand just seem more prone to being deleted.  can't wait to grind out as I have to play outside 15km and can't be aggressive at all.  i much prefer roon.

Sign in to follow this