You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Quaffer

Welcome Steam users

41 comments in this topic

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,027 posts

Ahoy Captains,

Welcome to World of Warships.

Please plan to spend a little time getting acquainted with the New Player Guides forum. I encourage you to browse the guides, especially the ones that have been pinned.  Well you can ignore the ones written by that black sheep yahoo. Like he would know anything. As if!

As a favor I would like you to not post new threads in that forum with questions, although posting questions in the existing threads about its topic is fair game. You can always post questions in the General Gameplay Discussion. That would be here.

We also have dedicated forums for suggestions and lots of other topics. Some of the forums require a minimum post count before you can create a new thread there. There is also a minimum battle count requirement. It's very low and it's intended to weed out the spam bots.  You can probably knock out five battles in one sitting, so it's not a big deal.

I also encourage you to use the forum search functions.  They have helpful advanced options.  They do tend to stumble on very short words.

Don't be discouraged if you don't start out as a frag god.  The game has a learning curve.

Now here's the important part: Have fun!

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
1 minute ago, Quaffer said:

that black sheep yahoo.

Shifty character if I ever saw one.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,613 posts
13,249 battles

And whatever you do don't mention submarines:cap_like:

Truly before you start asking questions do a search in the upper right corner of the forums to make sure that it hasn't been posted 5000 times already most the time it has and been answered

And good luck and fair seas:Smile_honoring:

Edited by silverdahc

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,724 battles

I wonder what the actual increase will be numbers wise. Especially with the review section getting bombed by the Chinese.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,816 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralOthuyeg said:

Remember to sail broadside on to your enemy. Just like in Pirates of the Caribbean. That is how ships fight.

Well, that is how ships fight. . . (unless one is running from the other). . .  just not in this game.

Members
2,905 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralOthuyeg said:

Remember to sail broadside on to your enemy. Just like in Pirates of the Caribbean. That is how ships fight.

LOL, it IS how ships fight, maybe not 2 inches away like in movies, but they DO fight broadside. 

Its Wargaming that has it bassackwards. 

Cuz no, a 16 inch AP shell isnt going to 'bounce' off your 'angled bow'....

[WOLF3]
Members
6,048 posts
2,203 battles

Add a couple more internal links (like to the Capt's Academy, esp the funny ones with the fish**) and STICKY please.

** Dain bramage?  What's the title?

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Shifty character if I ever saw one.

You're one to talk there cat.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

What am I missing here?  How is having Steam players any different than the usual toads (like me) we/you have to deal with?  lol  ;)    

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

What am I missing here?  How is having Steam players any different than the usual toads (like me) we/you have to deal with?  lol  ;)    

A man should know many newer steam players will not have our wisdom.

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles
41 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

I wonder what the actual increase will be numbers wise. Especially with the review section getting bombed by the Chinese.

It is? I've been checking it out, and it's pretty much good reviews and people thumbs downing just because of no account merging.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
3 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

I guess I just don't get how Steam players are different from anyone that just loads up the game like normal.  I mean I have some games on Steam..  I hate it, but I am forced to use it.   Help a non gamer savy guy out here..  What is getting introduced that couldn't have been done by just people loading up the game?

Side note...  which tier ships do I need to polish up for the clubbings?

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:
11 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

I guess I just don't get how Steam players are different from anyone that just loads up the game like normal.  I mean I have some games on Steam..  I hate it, but I am forced to use it.   Help a non gamer savy guy out here..  What is getting introduced that couldn't have been done by just people loading up the game?

I think it could be because Steam World of Warships has its own "forums" in the form of its community hub so many Steam players will go there instead of here... and if you take a look at the Steam discussions it's not pretty.

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles

I think it's because unlike us, who actually specifically sought out this exact game,  the Steam players basically get a "here, try this new free game" thrown at them.

Many of the new players will likely not stick as well, since they're trying out a new game just because it's there, and have no idea what to expect. Worse, they might be Steel Ocean players, and have not only no idea how to play, but the wrong idea.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

I think it's because unlike us, who actually specifically sought out this exact game,  the Steam players basically get a "here, try this new free game" thrown at them.

Many of the new players will likely not stick as well, since they're trying out a new game just because it's there, and have no idea what to expect. Worse, they might be Steel Ocean players, and have not only no idea how to play, but the wrong idea.

Well I am all for having new players, but this sounds like some tater mashing..  and then they go on their way.  Fine.  Maybe some will stick around. 

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Well I am all for having new players, but this sounds like some tater mashing..  and then they go on their way.  Fine.  Maybe some will stick around. 

That's the idea. I can see a higher churn rate, but the game is decent, certainly some will stick. Although a smaller number than the ones who are unpleasantly surprised, some will be pleasantly surprised at the complexity. (as I was originally with WoT)

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

That's the idea. I can see a higher churn rate, but the game is decent, certainly some will stick. Although a smaller number than the ones who are unpleasantly surprised, some will be pleasantly surprised at the complexity. (as I was originally with WoT)

So again..  Which club(s) do I need to start polishing up?  :)

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles

Tier 3 cruisers are nice, except for maybe Kolberg....

The ones that stick past Tier 5 won't be any different than anybody here now was their first time.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF3]
Members
6,048 posts
2,203 battles
13 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

IMO the more we help them out the more likely they'll stay.

We can do the seal clubbing after dark.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
28 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Torpedo rush and spam with Derkzi. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,048 posts
2,203 battles
7 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

St. Louis, and, I hear, Bogatyr.  I found Bougainville a hoot.at Tier I.  But I think the ship doesn't matter so much as your wisdom.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

IMO the more we help them out the more likely they'll stay.

We can do the seal clubbing after dark.

Everyone won`t have the same view :P

Members
1,246 posts
20,668 battles
43 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:
44 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Thank Heaven for small mercies.