Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Flag customization on the way!

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,712
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,499 posts
3,794 battles

So this was posted on the Asia forums just a bit ago:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/28881-regarding-our-stance-on-the-political-geography-of-asia/

 

So while it appears that the flags will be neutral, they will be able to be changed out.

 

Sounds cool! :Smile_great:

 

Credit to @renegadestatuz for the find.

 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
[HINON]
Supertester
7,548 posts
7,691 battles

More customization options! I wonder which different German flag I’ll fly on my Z-52? Or French flag on my Henri? Or flag on my Conq?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,097
[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,945 posts
4,170 battles

But will that option also change the markings on certain ships with crests and/or aerial markings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
860
[FOXEH]
Members
3,411 posts
12,743 battles
29 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

So this was posted on the Asia forums just a bit ago:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/28881-regarding-our-stance-on-the-political-geography-of-asia/

 

So while it appears that the flags will be neutral, they will be able to be changed out.

 

Sounds cool! :Smile_great:

 

Credit to @renegadestatuz for the find.

 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

 

Thanks to you and @renegadestatuz for the information. Another Political Correctness controversy underway. Nuff said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,860 posts
10,762 battles

If you are wondering why WG bowed to the Chinese mob demands so quickly and completely, here's why: http://steamcommunity.com/app/552990/negativereviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1&filterLanguage=schinese

 

Looks like the Chinese Internet Army has mobilized to make an example out of WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
4 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I want longer barrels and lots of coat-of-arms, so we may joust like sea knights. 

Amen, brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[INTEL]
Members
863 posts
8,994 battles
6 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I want longer barrels and lots of coat-of-arms, so we may joust like sea knights. 

WOT style... aka top gun on a Panther wearing a clan tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,166 posts

I'm going to make all my Pan-Asian DDs fly the Taiwanese colors now. Take that butt-hurt sinoscrubs. :cap_win:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles
10 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I want longer barrels and lots of coat-of-arms, so we may joust like sea knights. 

Yes, but no ramming, just impaling and skewering, and then once spitted 2ndaries only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,807
[TBW]
Members
6,585 posts
12,435 battles

A rose by any other name. People get upset about things way to easily. If we learn by the mistakes of our Fathers, Why do we keep repeating them. Be really nice to someone unexpectedly today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,471
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles
14 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I want longer barrels and lots of coat-of-arms, so we may joust like sea knights. 

Sail me closer. I wish to hit them with my sword.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,518
[HINON]
Members
9,305 posts
9 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I'm going to make all my Pan-Asian DDs fly the Taiwanese colors now. Take that butt-hurt sinoscrubs. :cap_win:

 

Make sure to take screenies of them and post it on steam for maximum effect since in game other players wont see your flag choice.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
[HINON]
Supertester
7,548 posts
7,691 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

 

Make sure to take screenies of them and post it on steam for maximum effect since in game other players wont see your flag choice.

:Smile_great: This! Must commence super trolling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,910
Members
18,926 posts
5,330 battles

Sorry, I've never owned anything with "Republic of China" stamped on it. It's either "Made in China" or "Made in Taiwan". I guess Mattel never got the memo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,548
[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,026 posts
6,477 battles

Watching the mainland Chinese freak out over Taiwan is consistently the single most hilarious thing in the world.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
[HINON]
Supertester
7,548 posts
7,691 battles
1 minute ago, Big_Spud said:

Watching the Chinese freak out over Taiwan is consistently the single most hilarious thing in the world.

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
[PSP]
Members
6,638 posts
9,601 battles

WG tries to include an additional group of people in the game by creating a line of ships specific to the area and it bites them in the tuckus. As they say, no good deed ever goes unpunished. It sort of reminds me of a certain country who sent volunteers to defend another country only to have that country wage war against it a few years later.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[VVV]
Members
689 posts
10,774 battles

Anyone know if we'll be able to fly say an IJN flag on the Pan Asia DD's? Cause I wanna use mods and post a few  screenshots of the ex IJN vessels with Rising Sun flags on them on steam and watch the Chinese freak out even more. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
[HINON]
Supertester
7,548 posts
7,691 battles
1 minute ago, yamato6945 said:

Anyone know if we'll be able to fly say an IJN flag on the Pan Asia DD's? Cause I wanna use mods and post a few  screenshots of the ex IJN vessels with Rising Sun flags on them on steam and watch the Chinese freak out even more. 

Only with flag mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
556
[CVA16]
Members
2,754 posts
6,662 battles
33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

WG tries to include an additional group of people in the game by creating a line of ships specific to the area and it bites them in the tuckus. As they say, no good deed ever goes unpunished. It sort of reminds me of a certain country who send volunteers to defend another country only to have that country wage war against it a few years later.

Does sound familiar doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,630 posts
5,210 battles

I never got with the size, population, and current military power China has, they want that stupid island. Like, don't they have enough to deal with? And even if it is for "military power", any war with China will result in missiles being tossed. Now because of this, we can't have historical flags because seeing the flag is like "OH MY GOD LAND THAT ISN'T OURS!" Any nation can do that...

*OMG IT IS A COMMONWEALTH SHIP THEY USED TO BE IN OUR EMPIRE!* - Britsh
*AND GET RID OF THE US FLAG TOO! THEY USED TO BE A COLONY BEFORE THEY SAID NO!* - British again
*WHY ARE THERE ITALIAN FLAGS WE USED TO OWN ITALY BACK DURING THE NAPOLEONIC EMPIRE!* - France
*NO MORE OF THESE STUPID GERMAN FLAGS! IT USED TO BE UNDER SOVIET CONTROL! IT SHOULD HAVE A RUSSIAN ONE!* - Russia

Yep, you can start those games pretty quickly. Why anyone is pandering to them is pretty sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×