Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Flag customization on the way!

43 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

So this was posted on the Asia forums just a bit ago:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/28881-regarding-our-stance-on-the-political-geography-of-asia/

So while it appears that the flags will be neutral, they will be able to be changed out.

Sounds cool! :Smile_great:

Credit to @renegadestatuz for the find.

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

More customization options! I wonder which different German flag I’ll fly on my Z-52? Or French flag on my Henri? Or flag on my Conq?

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

But will that option also change the markings on certain ships with crests and/or aerial markings?

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,835 battles
29 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

So this was posted on the Asia forums just a bit ago:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/28881-regarding-our-stance-on-the-political-geography-of-asia/

So while it appears that the flags will be neutral, they will be able to be changed out.

Sounds cool! :Smile_great:

Credit to @renegadestatuz for the find.

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

Thanks to you and @renegadestatuz for the information. Another Political Correctness controversy underway. Nuff said...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,701 battles

If you are wondering why WG bowed to the Chinese mob demands so quickly and completely, here's why: http://steamcommunity.com/app/552990/negativereviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1&filterLanguage=schinese

Looks like the Chinese Internet Army has mobilized to make an example out of WG.

Members
5,576 posts
3,945 battles
4 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I want longer barrels and lots of coat-of-arms, so we may joust like sea knights. 

Amen, brother.

[INTEL]
Members
741 posts
7,855 battles
6 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I want longer barrels and lots of coat-of-arms, so we may joust like sea knights. 

WOT style... aka top gun on a Panther wearing a clan tag

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,980 posts

I'm going to make all my Pan-Asian DDs fly the Taiwanese colors now. Take that butt-hurt sinoscrubs. :cap_win:

• Cool 6

Members
1,230 posts
20,572 battles
10 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Yes, but no ramming, just impaling and skewering, and then once spitted 2ndaries only.

[TBW]
Members
6,308 posts
11,856 battles

A rose by any other name. People get upset about things way to easily. If we learn by the mistakes of our Fathers, Why do we keep repeating them. Be really nice to someone unexpectedly today.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,139 posts
3,867 battles
14 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Sail me closer. I wish to hit them with my sword.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,794 posts
9 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I'm going to make all my Pan-Asian DDs fly the Taiwanese colors now. Take that butt-hurt sinoscrubs. :cap_win:

Make sure to take screenies of them and post it on steam for maximum effect since in game other players wont see your flag choice.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Make sure to take screenies of them and post it on steam for maximum effect since in game other players wont see your flag choice.

:Smile_great: This! Must commence super trolling!

Members
17,686 posts
5,084 battles

Sorry, I've never owned anything with "Republic of China" stamped on it. It's either "Made in China" or "Made in Taiwan". I guess Mattel never got the memo....

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts
5,679 battles

Watching the mainland Chinese freak out over Taiwan is consistently the single most hilarious thing in the world.

• Cool 5

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Big_Spud said:

Watching the Chinese freak out over Taiwan is consistently the single most hilarious thing in the world.

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

WG tries to include an additional group of people in the game by creating a line of ships specific to the area and it bites them in the tuckus. As they say, no good deed ever goes unpunished. It sort of reminds me of a certain country who sent volunteers to defend another country only to have that country wage war against it a few years later.

Edited by Snargfargle

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
681 posts
10,319 battles

Anyone know if we'll be able to fly say an IJN flag on the Pan Asia DD's? Cause I wanna use mods and post a few  screenshots of the ex IJN vessels with Rising Sun flags on them on steam and watch the Chinese freak out even more. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, yamato6945 said:

Anyone know if we'll be able to fly say an IJN flag on the Pan Asia DD's? Cause I wanna use mods and post a few  screenshots of the ex IJN vessels with Rising Sun flags on them on steam and watch the Chinese freak out even more. 

Only with flag mods.

Members
2,748 posts
6,228 battles
33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

WG tries to include an additional group of people in the game by creating a line of ships specific to the area and it bites them in the tuckus. As they say, no good deed ever goes unpunished. It sort of reminds me of a certain country who send volunteers to defend another country only to have that country wage war against it a few years later.

Does sound familiar doesn't it?

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,915 battles

I never got with the size, population, and current military power China has, they want that stupid island. Like, don't they have enough to deal with? And even if it is for "military power", any war with China will result in missiles being tossed. Now because of this, we can't have historical flags because seeing the flag is like "OH MY GOD LAND THAT ISN'T OURS!" Any nation can do that...

*OMG IT IS A COMMONWEALTH SHIP THEY USED TO BE IN OUR EMPIRE!* - Britsh
*AND GET RID OF THE US FLAG TOO! THEY USED TO BE A COLONY BEFORE THEY SAID NO!* - British again
*WHY ARE THERE ITALIAN FLAGS WE USED TO OWN ITALY BACK DURING THE NAPOLEONIC EMPIRE!* - France
*NO MORE OF THESE STUPID GERMAN FLAGS! IT USED TO BE UNDER SOVIET CONTROL! IT SHOULD HAVE A RUSSIAN ONE!* - Russia

Yep, you can start those games pretty quickly. Why anyone is pandering to them is pretty sad.

Sign in to follow this