Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

114 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

So while combing through my huge stack of old drawings I found a few gems that I thought I had lost. I was looking for some inspiration as I'm hitting blocks in drawing Olympic. (The Titanic Sisters are my current project) 

Of the 25 or so finished ones, not counting basic sketches I found two of the best. There's probably some more in there... Idk its quite the stack. It's a shame I don't have my old line drawings of ships anymore. 

Spoiler

hvoojC5.jpg 

Here we have Kunimi from one of my earliest post, drawn in the kancolle  style. I rather like this one. And is probably one of my better 80% body drawings. 

Spoiler

MG36ttA.jpg

This one was going to be a menu title for an upcoming game I'm coding. But I haven't gotten far in it's story. It was to be a follow up after I finish my original 2 story arcs. The character was drawn as in for anatomy practice, but I just threw in the background for fun and well here you go. 

 

You know while looking at this, a lot of my OC's have K as the first letter in their name. We have Kunimi, Katsumi, Kathe, Kutuzov... Hmm interesting. 

 

Mhmm, no matter. I think I might use this post as a place to throw up my art work. It's better to have a storing place for them all. Kek. Plus you guys can help judge them~ 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,423 battles

Looking forward to Titanic sisters :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Also, you should use a scanner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

First draft of Britannic. The Sun came out just as I took the picture. When even god smiles upon her. :3 

It was grey winter day. 

Spoiler

wmUYlZn.jpg 

 

Not sure if how to draw the davits to look like angle wings.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,705 battles

Looks nice! You happen to have a ShipBucket scale drawing of the British 8-gun 2pounder mount btw?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

 

Spoiler

2Nbl1B0.png

Face is more or less done now. Still have to work on my shading since I'm still a nub. 

 

Her davits are the ones I'm currently having a problem on. Not sure how I want to make her davits look like wings yet still look like davits. My first idea was to have her lifeboats take the form of the feathers. But that's still being worked out.

Also I think she looks a bit too plain. Should I add more boat parts? :3  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,705 battles
27 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

 

  Hide contents

2Nbl1B0.png

Face is more or less done now. Still have to work on my shading since I'm still a nub. 

 

Her davits are the ones I'm currently having a problem on. Not sure how I want to make her davits look like wings yet still look like davits. My first idea was to have her lifeboats take the form of the feathers. But that's still being worked out.

Also I think she looks a bit too plain. Should I add more boat parts? :3  

Perhaps just the wires for the boats giving the outlines of feathers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
242 posts
3,611 battles

I'm impressed. I wish I was a good at art as you are. Guess I'll have to stick to story writing and [edited] video making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Getting Tactical~

dJDHlmq.jpg

A quick sketch because I love procrastinating. 

Going back to my roots here, WW2 and Modern military was where I first stared drawing Anime. 

27 minutes ago, Venator77 said:

I'm impressed. I wish I was a good at art as you are. Guess I'll have to stick to story writing and [edited] video making.

Well you managed to do something I always wanted to do: Make a YouTube channel~ Plus I was a complete nub when I first started drawing Anime, you should see my old art. *Gag* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

One word... wow. Well, because I'm not the smartest person in the world... :Smile_sceptic: I looked up on the internet exactly what the Brittanic was... and not only does your drawing make complete sense to me now, but It's also made me very sad. A hospital ship in WW1, doing exactly what a hospital ship was meant to do... save people.

 

Five successful voyages down to the Mediterranean, treating and carrying the wounded to safety... and on the sixth go, found a mine. Sank in less than an hour. And when they called for help, apparently the communication wires had been snapped, so though they could call for help, they would have never heard a reply to give them hope. Meaning, they probably felt helpless. I don't know... that makes me really sad inside. I've seen so much sad stuff today, maybe it's just one of those days...

 

Love the drawing, by the way! It's a great drawing... it's just the history behind it has made me quite sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
19 hours ago, AllysaRockz said:

One word... wow. Well, because I'm not the smartest person in the world... :Smile_sceptic: I looked up on the internet exactly what the Brittanic was... and not only does your drawing make complete sense to me now, but It's also made me very sad. A hospital ship in WW1, doing exactly what a hospital ship was meant to do... save people.

 

Five successful voyages down to the Mediterranean, treating and carrying the wounded to safety... and on the sixth go, found a mine. Sank in less than an hour. And when they called for help, apparently the communication wires had been snapped, so though they could call for help, they would have never heard a reply to give them hope. Meaning, they probably felt helpless. I don't know... that makes me really sad inside. I've seen so much sad stuff today, maybe it's just one of those days...

 

Love the drawing, by the way! It's a great drawing... it's just the history behind it has made me quite sad.

 

You know what else is sad? The poor girl has basically been neglected her whole life. She wasn't mentioned a lot until they found her on the ocean floor. Ironically she killed 30 people when they got chopped up in her propellers, which is the main reason why if I know I'm going to die in WOWS I always order a full stop to my engines. 

 

Also I don't blame you for not knowing her, not alot of people do, which is what this drawing is for. Kek lets give her a little attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
4 hours ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

 

You know what else is sad? The poor girl has basically been neglected her whole life. She wasn't mentioned a lot until they found her on the ocean floor. Ironically she killed 30 people when they got chopped up in her propellers, which is the main reason why if I know I'm going to die in WOWS I always order a full stop to my engines. 

 

Also I don't blame you for not knowing her, not alot of people do, which is what this drawing is for. Kek lets give her a little attention. 

 

I left those parts out because that makes it even more sad. Too sad, in fact. That was downright depressing reading that on Wikipedia. :Smile_sad: Her sister ship stole all the attention... I guess I had to learn somehow, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

eXG6coI.png

 

Remember to lower your stability when writing Kanji or Kana! Other wise you'll never get it right! :3 

 

Also tried drawing with out doing it first in pencil, I can't believe I did this well since I basically chose one of the harder positions to draw.... Fore-shorting that far is quite the memes. 

Drawing that Luger is going to be fun. :cap_book:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,423 battles

Oh... I didn't notice it at first: you made the lifeboat cranes wings. Cute.

 

You don't mind if I take a shot at drawing them do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
18 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Oh... I didn't notice it at first: you made the lifeboat cranes wings. Cute.

 

You don't mind if I take a shot at drawing them do you?

Go for it! I kinda hit a wall at that point. I wasn't lazy or anything.... kappa

 :cap_book:

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

7hDFbzF.png 

 

Should I be lazy and giver her a 1911 or be a good cookie and just draw in her PO8 Luger? :3 

Also progressing well on this~ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
1 minute ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Should I be lazy and giver her a 1911 or be a good cookie and just draw in her PO8 Luger? :3 

 

Go all out with the Luger! It'll feel so much more satisfying when you see how beautiful she comes out, and your efforts will feel all the more worthwhile. :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

I can always rely on you, Buki to give me that motivation boost! 

:cap_win:

 

You know me, I always try my best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×