Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mulletproof

The Bly is back

47 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,119 posts
2,426 battles

So the Blyskawica is turning 80 and with it, WG has released her for sale. Yay!

Well, not really. She was hit pretty hard by Warship's environmental nerfs, specifically the one to stealth firing. To be fair, it affected every DD, and while there will always be disagreement as to how much it affected her, I'm of the opinion that it severely handicapped her premium status, exacerbated by the fact that she's not a training boat. The Bly is a country unto itself so you won't be transferring her captain to another boat, ever. If she can't train captains and it's harder to make money off of her, is she really a premium? Wargaming seems to think so.

Her base package without captain is $19.99. That's affordable, but i'm still not convinced you're getting your money's worth. Certainly if you're a collector or a fan, it's probably fine. After that, your price goes up... Sharply. As in wth sharply. $41.39 after a 20% discount. Of course, they're throwing in flags and a 6pt captain to sweeten the deal, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is no reason you should be buying the boat for this much, ever. Basically, they're incentivizing flags. If you needed that 10 point captain- and trust me, you'll want him just to try and remain unseen by every other DD in the game -you're stepping up to nearly $60.00. $58.39 at a 25% discount. Buy now and get the cool flag that won't be retroactively awarded to previous buyers!

The fact that it's still running these prices after the discounts is almost laughable if it weren't already so sad.

Wargaming, you need to stop this. Really. This is not a premium boat anymore. It's a collector. In fact, you're not really selling a boat on its anniversary so much as you are advertising XP flags for sale. $20 was probably the right price for the boat and a captain or the boat with flags. And before anybody else says it, I'm an adult and have a job. I can afford this. But why would I support such a blatant cash grab?

NOPE.

Edited by Mulletproof
Words

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

It’s not harder to make money in her. It’s just as easy. Only people who needed to play her with a handicap relied on stealthfiring with her.

[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,483 battles

It would be great if the current owners of the ship had a chance at the cosmetic flag that's being offered as part of the package.

Perhaps set up a mission (or series of missions) to receive it?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
9 minutes ago, Darksaint1071 said:

It would be great if the current owners of the ship had a chance at the cosmetic flag that's being offered as part of the package.

Perhaps set up a mission (or series of missions) to receive it?

This I would like very much.

[LOU1]
Members
2,902 posts
8,006 battles

They have been offering the flags periodically for other premiums.  I expect that they will after the package sales end.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,796 posts
13,633 battles

The only thing the Blyskawica has suffered from is the open of Open Water Stealth Fire.

But other than that this little Polish Nightmare still bullies other loliboats, stealth torps those foolish enough to get near them and if you take AFT, which I do, you can make it rain HEll on those camping scrubs. 

The only problem a new player will have with the Blyska is grinding out all the skill points needed to make the ship really shine. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
960 posts
6,413 battles

Really wish the flags provided a small XP bonus when used on the appropriate ship. Would make them more worth getting.  

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

Blyskawica is still great and one of my favs.

The only shortcoming it has is no siblings to train captains for. Other than that? Nada.

Had her before the nerf and still play it after the nerf. Great boat.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,133 posts
2,535 battles

Yuck. Why even play gunboats. 

People who think stealth fire removal had no effect are deluded. It had so much of a higher ceiling. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,773 posts
9,489 battles
16 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Yuck. Why even play gunboats. 

People who think stealth fire removal had no effect are deluded. It had so much of a higher ceiling. 

It basically killed the aggressive cap fights that used to happen early game and badly nerfed DDs overall.

It also completely broke the module upgrade system for DDs. WG staff response to fire control "upgrades" now being downgrades is to clamp their hands over their ears and hum loudly. I don't think they've ever acknowledge the problem despite it being pointed out to them repeatedly.

I would love to see stats on what percentage of Bensons and Fletchers are still equipped with the stock fire control. I would bet that most run the stock module.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,773 posts
9,489 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

It’s not harder to make money in her. It’s just as easy. Only people who needed to play her with a handicap relied on stealthfiring with her.

Don't lie. EVERYONE who owned a Blys used stealth-firing to one degree or another, just like how everyone lies on their taxes in one form or another.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,773 posts
9,489 battles
41 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Blyskawica is still great and one of my favs.

The only shortcoming it has is no siblings to train captains for. Other than that? Nada.

Had her before the nerf and still play it after the nerf. Great boat.

Easy solution; get a 19 point captian on Blyskavica. :cap_cool:

[FAE]
Members
2,133 posts
2,535 battles
5 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

It basically killed the aggressive cap fights that used to happen early game and badly nerfed DDs overall.

It also completely broke the module upgrade system for DDs. WG staff response to fire control "upgrades" now being downgrades is to clamp their hands over their ears and hum loudly. I don't think they've ever acknowledge the problem despite it being pointed out to them repeatedly.

I would love to see stats on what percentage of Bensons and Fletchers are still equipped with the stock fire control. I would bet that most run the stock module.

Exactly this. Also, DD battles have gone down as a general trend. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,773 posts
9,489 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

The only thing the Blyskawica has suffered from is the open of Open Water Stealth Fire.

I have come to the conclusion that OWSF removal was a buff to the Blyskavica because it nerfed every other DD more.

Before 6.3, Bensons and Fletchers would stealth up if you opened the range too much to take advantage of the flatter arcs. Now those ships stay visible for you to keep shooting. The result is the current passive DD meta where DDs will often avoid opening fire on each other and simply disengage.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,773 posts
9,489 battles
10 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Oh yes. I have screenshots for 2-week solo games the day before 6.3 dropped. Ships like the Benson have plummeted in popularity.

[BNC]
Members
273 posts

The simple fact of the matter with Blys/preemies and stealth fire is that they ignored the general populace (A first, right?) and did it anyways. The bullcrap about it being a "global" nerf and them not being able to exclude preemies is more bullcrap; they implemented a global change so that cv fighters could disengage and lose a plane EXCEPT FOR THE SAIPAN.

Now they nerf American cvs as opposed to making the change the community has asked for going on a year now, and have the balls to call it "versatility". Hang on; you take away my options and it is MORE VERSATILE? The real reason is quite clear: they intend to nerf cvs each patch, except for the preemies, in order to force preemie sales.

Only an idiot would buy a preemie at this juncture, since they have shown a complete disregard for the community's wishes and broken their rule about preemie nerfing.

[FAE]
Members
2,133 posts
2,535 battles
16 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Oh yes. I have screenshots for 2-week solo games the day before 6.3 dropped. Ships like the Benson have plummeted in popularity.

Repost them. =)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,773 posts
9,489 battles
2 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Repost them. =)

I made a threat at one point where I did. Don't remember where it is. I might just upload them to an image hosting site and then I can link them. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
2 hours ago, renegadestatuz said:

giphy.gif

Blys is still my best DD. I never once relied on the stealth fire.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,459 posts
4,108 battles

Hated her before the nerfs, hate her now. Blys is the only premium that I regret buying. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,171 posts
3,436 battles
1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

As in frequency or quality? Heck, maybe both.

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Easy solution; get a 19 point captian on Blyskavica. :cap_cool:

I already have it.

Members
3,659 posts
13,564 battles
1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

DD battles have gone down as a general trend. 

If you mean fewer players are driving DDs you're wrong. Ever since the stealth fire removal, (Thank you, thank you ,thank you, WG!) I haven't seen a decline in DD play. In the higher levels, just as often as not, there's more DDs per team than Cruisers.

I've seen a lot of Blyskies in game since she came out again. I think that the new users will discover, or already have, that she doesn't need a stealth fire crutch to be a effective ship.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this