You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Horama

Blyskawica

38 comments in this topic

Members
1,802 posts
9,511 battles
18 hours ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Blyskawica can contest caps if needed, but not super agile, nor sneaky, nor good torps. Gun traverse is acceptable gut not good.  It is best at long range pain-in-the-butt burning stuff from  10km+, with the option to get closer if the right opportunity arises.

Really needs a LOT of captain points to get good.  As I've said a few times before, a Leningrad is a similar-but-better DD I'd recommend to a friend.

Hey

That's good to know and the Russian capt. would not be a stand alone/one boat only captain.

Pete

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,079 battles

and the Russian capt. would not be a stand alone/one boat only captain.

Word of Warning: although far more useful, Russian premiums tend to need EM (turret traverse is slow) making the Leningrad a trainer more useful for mid tier DDs (like Gnevny, Minsk) rather than late tier DDs.

So there's that. Also Leningrad is straight out better at the "long range gunboat-with-usable-torps" role. +5kts allows you to simply outrun most enemy salvoes, and torpedoes are faster and more numerous making torpedo attacks more reliable.

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
2,981 battles

Błyskawica isn't the monster that it used to be, thanks to changes to the meta and no small amount of powercreep, but it's still a competent harasser and all-around DD. I like playing it once in a while.

--Helms

Members
1,802 posts
9,511 battles

Hey

I had my first and only battle in the Blyskawice and found it to be a very fun boat with great guns, was able to punish then kill a cruiser and very much wrecked a Leningrad in a gun duel (he lived with extremely low HP when he ran away and got out of detection), but then I finally got killed with a lucky shot from a BB.  But it was a very fun boat that I look forward to working on my DD skills.

Pete

[WMD]
Members
567 posts
6,361 battles

It's a fun boat, it was OP before the stealth mechanic change. Its not so OP now, but a very fun boat to run if you want to shoot things and run around causing chaos. 

[G_S]
Members
269 posts
On 11/23/2017 at 10:48 PM, thehelmsman said:

Błyskawica isn't the monster that it used to be, thanks to changes to the meta and no small amount of powercreep, but it's still a competent harasser and all-around DD. I like playing it once in a while.

--Helms

It’s a fun boat that needs CE and AFT to shine, and with DE too it’s very strong at T7.  Stay at range, and WASD and light ships on fire until you take too much damage.  Then, play more consertavively.  Once you’ve lit a ship on fire for the full burn stop shooting at it and shoot something else or go silent.  Guns suck too much close in IMO.  Speed flag, speed mod and speed boost help too.  I really enjoy playing it.

Members
1,802 posts
9,511 battles
11 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

It's a fun boat, it was OP before the stealth mechanic change. Its not so OP now, but a very fun boat to run if you want to shoot things and run around causing chaos. 

Hey

The 3rd game was best so far at 80739 damage, a cap, 2 ships sunk among other stuff, was 3rd place on my team in a T8 game.  It was fun shooting things and causing much chaos!!  LOL  I love the guns, even without DE, set 3 fires, torps are decent, good reload, I like it!!

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research
  • Cool 1

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I haven't played since before the visibility changes, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but...

I never used the Blys as a stealth firing ship and did pretty well with her back when.  You just have to constantly be mindful of the minimap and fairly good at predicting enemy traffic patterns to avoid getting pinned down.  In open water and from range she was a great little firestarter and her speed made her a fairly tough target to hit with return fire.  At closer range it came down to setting up USN-style torpedo ambushes and picking & choosing your gunfights carefully.  She was also a beast from inside a smoke screen, but I guess that aspect has been cut down by the changes to the game mechanics...still worth noting that if you time it right you can launch a salvo of torpedoes just as you start smoking up and then have them reloaded just before the screen dissipates.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
55 posts
788 battles

I've had her for a while, and she's a good destroyer. Granted I rarely play her, since I'm more of a battleship person. I mainly just got her since she was the only Polish ship to be in the game. For my captain, I have Priority Target, Last Stand, and Torpedo Armament Expertise. One of the big perks of the ship I'd say is the great speed and the ability to fire her torpedoes from concealment. Definitely a decent enough armament to work as a gunboat if she has to. Worth a buy, in my opinion. Hope my input helps some! 

Members
1,802 posts
9,511 battles

Hey

I went from BB's to cruisers and now trying my hand at DD's, even though I play all three.  But have found the Blyskawica to be a very fun DD, with great guns and fairly maneuverable.  I'm having a ball with this thing, got an Iowa and a Gneisenau in a game earlier, which was quite fun for me.

Pete

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
6 hours ago, Harv72b said:

I haven't played since before the visibility changes, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but...

I never used the Blys as a stealth firing ship and did pretty well with her back when.  You just have to constantly be mindful of the minimap and fairly good at predicting enemy traffic patterns to avoid getting pinned down.  In open water and from range she was a great little firestarter and her speed made her a fairly tough target to hit with return fire.  At closer range it came down to setting up USN-style torpedo ambushes and picking & choosing your gunfights carefully.  She was also a beast from inside a smoke screen, but I guess that aspect has been cut down by the changes to the game mechanics...still worth noting that if you time it right you can launch a salvo of torpedoes just as you start smoking up and then have them reloaded just before the screen dissipates.

Having taken her out for a couple of spins today, I can confirm that yes: Blys is still a blast to play and a very competitive ship.

[O_O]
Members
4,983 posts
11,077 battles

I have been on the fence about buying Blyskawica for a good while.

I got her in a Santa crate.  Goodbye, fence.

Members
2,412 posts
5,128 battles

Never played The Blys when stealth fire was a thing, but with 20 games and a 10 point captain, I'm at 70% WR 1700 XP average and a 1.7 DR. Yeah, not a lot of games yet, but clearly capable of performing very well.

Nothing wrong with the ship.