You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Horama

Blyskawica

38 comments in this topic

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,021 battles

Well, the Blyskawica is on sale now and I need some advice.  Should I get the ship or pass?  I have wanted this ship for some time now and since she is on sale, I am seriously considering purchasing her.  I’m aware that she was once able to  stealth fire, but this is not a concern for me.  I never had a stealth fire capable DD before the patch so I don’t mind that.  Stealth firing aside, how is she as a ship?  Is she competitive in Ranked?  I’m currently expecting her to be the child of a Soviet DD and an American DD.

also, what captain builds would be best?  Some are obvious like CE, but is IFHE worth it for her?  How about DE, SE, SI, and BFT at rank 3?  Thanks for your help!

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,433 battles

I like it. 186 battles and 55%+ w/r. A gunboat like the Russians. Used to be borderline OP but the spotting nurf to dds firing diminished it a little. Don't know if more Polish ships are planned in the future. So it may be a 1 ship navy for a nation.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,770 posts
13,562 battles

Yes the Blyskawica is a good boat and worth the money. My only Solo Warrior medal was secured using the Polish Terror. 

She is also the only T7 Destroyer I regularly play. I have a 19p Commander in her and she just get better the more skill points you can invest in. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,030 battles

Bly was a terror, now just meh.  Have over 160 games in it, most played when stealth firing was the thing.  Now just sits in port.  Guns are good, but the slow torps and only 6 means that even with the range, not very reliable.  Also, captain training takes for ever, since not shared with any other line - my captain after all the games is still only a 16-point captain.  If I want to take out a tier 7 premium, my Leningrad is a terror and even my Sims is more competitive, and both can be used for captain training......  If you have money to burn, and want a meh boat with many drawbacks... else the are better DDs in the shop that are better right now (just a bit more) 

Edited by Panzer1113

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles

First of all, the Blys is a museum ship in Poland.

When the Clan War thing came up, I reset all my captain points for all the ships I don't use -- it was free.

These oddballs will be set up when needed, and usually for a specific job or mission.  Never know what you're going to get:  'Fire 200 torps in one mission'.

At T7, Radar will be present for at least half of the battles.  I'd recommend IFHE to deal with cruisers - since the Blys has just about cruiser gunfire.

As a support ship, go with the superintendent and smoke skills.

[TF16B]
Members
8,036 posts
16,968 battles
20 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

So it may be a 1 ship navy for a nation.

If they ever get around to doing a Pan-European mini-tree it might not be alone, but until then? Yeah...Kind of like a tougher Gnevny with more guns.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,717 battles

I am on the fence with her as well.  

So rather, at what commander level does she really start to shine?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles
33 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

Bit of a struggle below 10.

[-K-]
Members
5,040 posts
8,925 battles
1 hour ago, Alien_Observer said:

I like it. 186 battles and 55%+ w/r. A gunboat like the Russians. Used to be borderline OP but the spotting nurf to dds firing diminished it a little. Don't know if more Polish ships are planned in the future. So it may be a 1 ship navy for a nation.

There was mention in one of the dev's Reddit posts awhile back that WG may add some high tier Polish DD's to help fill out the line.  Kind of like a high tier sub-branch (even though there is no main branch).

Could just be fluff at this point, but it would be great if it was expanded upon.

[PWH]
Members
242 posts
13 hours ago, Horama said:

Well, the Blyskawica is on sale now and I need some advice.  Should I get the ship or pass?  ...

Yes.  And, with a 16+ point captain (PM, LS, BFT, CE, SE and DE, then AR and PT for 19 points), even better.

Edited by nhf

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,604 battles

I'd like to get Blyska, but with her being a one ship navy; I'm thinking I'll wait for T-61 to go on sale. At least there's a ship line to go with her.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, RedSeaBear said:

Yes the Blyskawica is a good boat and worth the money. My only Solo Warrior medal was secured using the Polish Terror. 

She is also the only T7 Destroyer I regularly play. I have a 19p Commander in her and she just get better the more skill points you can invest in. 

This is very good advice, from a very good DD player. I also own a Blys and I agree with all of this.

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
On 11/17/2017 at 0:46 PM, Sock5 said:

Concealment at 10 points is a must and will make a difference.

I have a 7-point captain and a 75% WR.  However, that is only 8 battles, so there is likely some luck in that stat.

Currently, any issues are more the driver than the ship as I am a very average player.

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles
43 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I have a 7-point captain and a 75% WR.  However, that is only 8 battles, so there is likely some luck in that stat.

Currently, any issues are more the driver than the ship as I am a very average player.

I'd rather have AFT over CE at 10 points.  Just play it like a Russian DD and you will be fine.  Its amusing to see how many DDs will "ambush" you only to get smacked around.  The only time CE is better than AFT is in ranked battles IMO.

Blys really starts coming into its own at 14 points.  Shes pretty good at 10, at 14 shes scary, by 19 points a goddamn monster.  The only weakness to her is a slow rudder compared to Sims, you do not want to knife fight anything just kite it and burn it.  Be careful in smoke too.  The slow rudder most run SG2 and she can be sluggish getting speed to dodge torps.  Its not that big of a deal, just set your smoke screen in a safe place for you.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
4 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I'd rather have AFT over CE at 10 points.  Just play it like a Russian DD and you will be fine.  Its amusing to see how many DDs will "ambush" you only to get smacked around.  The only time CE is better than AFT is in ranked battles IMO.

Blys really starts coming into its own at 14 points.  Shes pretty good at 10, at 14 shes scary, by 19 points a goddamn monster.  The only weakness to her is a slow rudder compared to Sims, you do not want to knife fight anything just kite it and burn it.  Be careful in smoke too.  The slow rudder most run SG2 and she can be sluggish getting speed to dodge torps.  Its not that big of a deal, just set your smoke screen in a safe place for you.

Thanks for the input.

A more general question on AFT:  I've been avoiding it on just about any DD due to the visibility bloom when firing.  My rationale, such as it is, is that 10 km is good enough based on the difficulty in actually hitting anything beyond that range.  (Of course, my most advanced line is USN DDs, so I may have a skewed impression.  I'm currently on Gnevny in the Russian line.)

What is your opinion on this, AFT vs CE, in general?  And the Błyskawica in particular?

Are you taking CE at 14 points in your comments above?

Do you have an ordered build for the Błyskawica captain to suggest?

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles

10 points I do:  PT, LS, SE, AFT

Followed by in order of priority:  CE, AR, BFT

Keep working on US DD accuracy.  Its entirely possible to land 12km shots on BBs or slow CA.  I play a lot of Benson during competitive games for SL, you just figure it out.  Blys its quite easy to land shots at 14km thanks to the nice arcs.  I do like consistent crosshair for aiming, I use dynamic cross hair and zoom out one click for 90% of the ships I play.  This limits the aiming points where you can barely see a fast ship.

Regarding being detected, unless capping IDGAF about being detected, I'm kiting and shooting almost non stop.  I only smoke when focused hard (why PT over PM) or when I have a bunch of juicy targets.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 1

[PWH]
Members
242 posts
13 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Concealment at 10 points is a must and will make a difference...

Agreed.  CE is invaluable, especially early game.  When an enemy DD has a huge spotting advantage you're an easy target enemy you can't yet spot, and your cap ability is neutralized.  A good DD player will capitalize on spotting you (and not shoot if it's a weaker DD) while his/her team forces you to run or kills you.  Early game I play a cap DD role.  After all enemy DDs are down or spotted, I then switch to Russian DD mode firing non-stop as I can dictate the engagement.  Also, hits at AFT range are more miss and less hit, and I believe AFT does not offset the loss of CE.

Edited by nhf

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,265 battles

I picked her up on Friday. Here are my impressions with a dozen games under my belt.

The feel is much like the Mahan to me. She handles similarly, and the speed is about the same. Acceleration is not so good, so I took the upgrade that increases acceleration. That helped my win rate. Before that, I was 1 win / 8 games. I've won each game since fixing the acceleration. Without that, she's a bit sluggish.

Outstanding in smoke. She's quick in reverse and the transition from forward to backward is snappy. 

I like the guns. The torps aren't any worse than Sims, but not much better either.

I got some interesting stats over the weekend. Bad win rate, as I said above. Excellent main gun hit percentage - highest of any of my ships regardless of class or nation. And my torp percentage hits are better than anything but the Russian shotguns in tier 2 & 3. 

All-in-all, I like her. She's going to take some getting used to, but I like her.

And just FYI - Błyskawica means "Lightning". It's pronounced, bwy-ska-VEE-tsa. If you're a DD enthusiast, you'll find a way to enjoy this ship. 

[TF57]
Members
1,236 posts
3,916 battles

In answer to the OP: No. Wait for the Leningrad. It's similar in style but flat out better (+5kts speed, faster/more torpedoes, similar guns, better concealment).

I disagree. I've respecced my Blyskawica a few times and AFT > CE. You can consistently land shots at 13-14km.

AFT first, then CE at 14pts. Perhaps the other way round if ranked, but I'm presuming randoms.

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
13 hours ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

I disagree. I've respecced my Blyskawica a few times and AFT > CE. You can consistently land shots at 13-14km.

AFT first, then CE at 14pts. Perhaps the other way round if ranked, but I'm presuming randoms.

I think this comes down to play style, and y'all (I have read and understood the input from both of you that commented on this point.) might have the right of it in the end.

I haven't reached 10 points yet on her captain, so we will see how I feel when I get there.

I tend to try to be sneaky and this just may not be that kind of ship.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
Edited down the quote

[TF57]
Members
1,236 posts
3,916 battles

I tend to try to be sneaky and this just may not be that kind of ship.

It isn't very sneaky. It's torpedoes are quite poor (6x 55kts). The torpedoes are opportunistic weapons for occasional attacks. If you're lucky you might get 1 hit per game. CE is desirable, of course, but most damage will come from guns. If most damage comes from guns, AFT is best as like Soviet DDs, you can hit at 20km. 

Blyskawica is faaaar more Russian DD (kite, burn all the things) than USN/German who are your cap duellists. Consider a Maas if you want to sneak about more.

In a ratio of

SNEAK<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->ALL GUNS BLAZING LIT UP CONSTANTLY

IJN<--------------------------->KM/USN<-------------------------------------------------->Blys<------->Russian DD

Members
1,503 posts
7,914 battles

Hey

I too been reading this with interest.  My only other T7 DD is the Maass but I only have a 8pt captain and do ok with it but feel like Concealment would be of benefit for sighting.  I am admittedly not the best DD player and struggle with cap zones; if I am in a search and destroy game, then I do much better as a lone wolf, pain in the butt type of fight, I struggle with the DD 1 vs 1 knife fight, fast turning and dodging stuff but then the German DD's are not very good turning.  I thought the Blyskawica might be a decent ship since it sounds like she has decent guns even though she suffers in the rudder dept. also.  Sounds like the ultimate deal with a 10pt captain is the best to make good use of her and her Polish only usage.

Pete.

[TF57]
Members
1,236 posts
3,916 battles

I am admittedly not the best DD player and struggle with cap zones; if I am in a search and destroy game, then I do much better as a lone wolf, pain in the butt type of fight, I struggle with the DD 1 vs 1 knife fight, fast turning and dodging stuff but then the German DD's are not very good turning. 

Blyskawica can contest caps if needed, but not super agile, nor sneaky, nor good torps. Gun traverse is acceptable gut not good.  It is best at long range pain-in-the-butt burning stuff from  10km+, with the option to get closer if the right opportunity arises.

Really needs a LOT of captain points to get good.  As I've said a few times before, a Leningrad is a similar-but-better DD I'd recommend to a friend.