You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

A sporting rifle for people wanting to hunt a Brachiosaurus

25 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles

.950 / 24mm caliber, 38kJ / 28k fpe at the muzzle. In case you need to hunt one of these:

6L48FlI.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles
1 minute ago, nuttybiscuit said:

just the recoil...

You saw the recoil with the 18 lbs muzzle brake. Now imagine it without ...

[PVE]
Members
1,222 posts
4,732 battles
11 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

just the recoil...

Shot a .458win falling block Ruger once thought I'd detached my retina... 50BMG rifles aren't so bad but they're all prone or bench guns feel like a 3in magnum shotgun.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,133 posts
8,749 battles

That is a freaking anti-tank rifle without an armor piercing round. :Smile_amazed:

Supertester
978 posts
264 battles

And here is a side arm you can use in case something is a bit too close for a rifle.

pfeifer-zeliska-21.jpg

pfeifer zeliska .600 nitro express revolver

[PVE]
Members
1,222 posts
4,732 battles

JDJ is famous for over the top cartridges especially in handguns. Guy dropped a Cape Buffalo with one shot with an 8mm JDJ contender a full 6ft of penetration 444 Marlin necked to 8mm

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

This thing would sure be a bit tough on the game we have around here. Growing up on the farm the largest cal shotgun I ever used for wabbits and pheasant was a 20 gauge. It don't tear up the meat like a 12 gauge.  BUT THIS THING!!!! O my.

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, Balaams_Donkey said:

Good to know. We've been having a huge problem with Brachiosaur overpopulation in our area. 

Ya we do also.  The largest number of auto insurance claims around here are due to cars hitting Brachiosaures. Damn things are in rut right now and you round a curve and there be a herd of them on the move.  You can't avoid them. Blamo

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

This thing would sure be a bit tough on the game we have around here. Growing up on the farm the largest cal shotgun I ever used for wabbits and pheasant was a 20 gauge. It don't tear up the meat like a 12 gauge.  BUT THIS THING!!!! O my.

Laf, if you hit a rabbit with that thing there'd be no meat left.  Just a smear.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Ya we do also.  The largest number of auto insurance claims around here are due to cars hitting Brachiosaures. Damn things are in rut right now and you round a curve and there be a herd of them on the move.  You can't avoid them. Blamo

Never seen a brachiosaur on the road, but I did have a stare-down with a buffalo on the road one time.  This was before the State Farm commercial came out...

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
8 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Never seen a brachiosaur on the road, but I did have a stare-down with a buffalo on the road one time.  This was before the State Farm commercial came out...

You should have just got out of your car and tried petting it like those idiot big city urban types do when they see a bear at a national park like Yellowstone. :Smile_facepalm:  Grizzlies love that especially when they have cubs. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by dmckay

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
56 minutes ago, Lert said:

.950 / 24mm caliber, 38kJ / 28k fpe at the muzzle. In case you need to hunt one of these:

6L48FlI.jpg

Well i know a place.

Jurassic_Park_logo.jpg

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,723 battles

And the top two new theories on why these magnificent creatures went extinct:

1.  Cavemen over-hunting with the .950.

2.  It wasn't an asteroid hitting the Earth; it was a round from that rifle missing its intended target.

• Cool 2

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

What scientists don't tell you, part 5, made up things;

Caveman actually had an advanced capitalist society, which of course, should be obvious since capitalism is just people selling what they wish, to those who wish to buy it. 

Cavemen had come up with a new weapon to deal with the abundance of dinosaurs eating them, which they considered a minor nuisance. the .950, However, it was discovered that the .950 was ineffective in getting through the thick skull of the Tyrannosaurus rex. However, it soon was rebranded and moved out of the self-defense market, instead it caught on in a more lucrative market, industrial-scale brachiosaurus hunting.

Soon brachiosauruses went extinct, and the starving Tyrannosaurus rex herds decided that cavemen looked tasty. Soon T-rex herds were roving through the streets of the cities, eating all in sight. Needless to say, there was a rather large demand for a weapon that could kill T-rex'. Of course, where there is a demand, capitalism would supply, and the cavemen came up with a new weapon, the 18.1-inch naval gun, some said it was overkill, others said it was impractical, and still others said that the 100-foot long tank it was mounted on was too expensive. Regardless, soon all dinosaurs died out. But mother nature hates a vacuum, and when she saw that there was a lack of ferocious things killing off humans, she got slightly annoyed and triggered the apocalypse. That is why human society had to be rebuilt, and only now are we back to our former capitalist glory, also, that's why there are no dinosaurs. 

Feel free to upvote at your leisure.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

That rifle is an indicator of 'insanity'.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I've shot a Brachiosaurus with this. Can confirm, it drops them. It's a little hassle to field dress in the middle of town but you get used to it.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
5 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I've shot a Brachiosaurus with this. Can confirm, it drops them. It's a little hassle to field dress in the middle of town but you get used to it.

Hey, many hands makes light the work.

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,723 battles
5 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Hey, many hands makes light the work.

And "mini" hands would be a T-Rex.

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,723 battles
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, megadeux said:

the cavemen came up with a new weapon, the 18.1-inch naval gun, some said it was overkill, others said it was impractical, and still others said that the 100-foot long tank it was mounted on was too expensive.

And still others said, "Boo-yeah!  18.1 inch gun!!!!"

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles
2 hours ago, Sotaudi said:

And still other said, "Boo-yeah!  18.1 inch gun!!!!"

Exactly, capitalism at work.