Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MVPBluntman

USS Massachusetts

26 comments in this topic

[APOC-]
Members
117 posts
4,740 battles

Can I just say, how excited I am for the State Ship/Museum Ship. I can barely contain my hype mechanic. I dont own the Alabama because I live in Massachusetts, and knew that the Big Mamie was coming eventually, just had to play the waiting game.

Featured below is the 1946 refit of Big Mamie during her trials.

015961.jpg

More pics of BB-59 through her various phases can be found at http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/59a.htm

Edited by MVPBluntman
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,262 battles

Great pic of the Massachusetts! Thanks for sharing it. We don't have any information currently on this currently. However, please feel free to refer to the World of Warships news portal for any announcements or official confirmation.

https://worldofwarships.com/

Anchors aweigh! :cap_hmm:

[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles

USS Massachusetts seems like a campaign ship to me. I think they are trying the WOT route of giving ships away to keep people busy.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
On 12/1/2017 at 4:37 PM, WolfofWarship said:

She's really gorgeous, isn't she? Bet she'd be amazing to see inside of!

Her sister in Alabama is cool to walk through, for sure.  It's just a long way to New England for me.

Members
6 posts
2,611 battles

Slept on this ship as a Cub Scout many years ago.  We got the run of the ship for a couple days.  Got to see the bridge and everything else before the Navy stripped it to reactivate the Iowas.

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Members
13 posts
4,212 battles

I also am from the Northern New England area of the U.S. I would also like to see the USS Massachusetts  and maybe the Maine class of Battle ships would be a pleasure http://www.navy.mil/navydata/ships/battleships/maine/bb10-maine.html  New at the game and really love it . Keep up the good work!

:Smile_glasses:

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Members
13 posts
4,212 battles

Or special limited ship, the BB 69 Maine, Montana class still in the drafting plans but the tide of the war was going towards aircraft carriers so it left  the drawing board. 

But it would be nice to see it in action.  :Smile_smile:

[RKN]
Beta Testers
933 posts
8,744 battles
On 12/13/2017 at 12:22 PM, GreyFox78659 said:

USS Massachusetts seems like a campaign ship to me. I think they are trying the WOT route of giving ships away to keep people busy.

That would be cool. I have the Bama and wouldn’t get the Massachusetts otherwise.

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Members
13 posts
4,212 battles

Yeah, I'm thinking the same getting the Bama too...... Still thinking about it though will be awhile. 

I know they're different tiers but I'm having a lot of fun with the Wyoming for now!  :Smile_medal:

Edited by MightyJoe

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,824 battles

I just hope the Massachusetts comes out. It seems that the preview videos for this ship came out in the middle of September last year and since then its been largely crickets.   I hope it arrives soon, very frustrating to wait months for her.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,350 posts
10,135 battles
19 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

I just hope the Massachusetts comes out. It seems that the preview videos for this ship came out in the middle of September last year and since then its been largely crickets.   I hope it arrives soon, very frustrating to wait months for her.  

It's in the extended tech tree but it doesn't say Soon. To me this means don't expect it to show up in the immediate future. Not that I can't be wrong just going by the past where Soon usually is added when it's release is actually "soon" LOL.

So not sure what the status of MA is? It is just a slightly reworked Alabama so no real need to test it over and over. They clearly are waiting for something? It should be a plug-n-play ship for them. 

All the new French BB's are in the extended tech tree and say Soon and we know they are do out in next update. The new BRN DD Premium that we are seeing in review videos also says Soon and I believe is due out shortly. I know Roma said Soon right before it showed up.

MA doesn't have that yet so?

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles
On 11/17/2017 at 9:51 AM, MVPBluntman said:

Can I just say, how excited I am for the State Ship/Museum Ship. I can barely contain my hype mechanic. I dont own the Alabama because I live in Massachusetts, and knew that the Big Mamie was coming eventually, just had to play the waiting game.

Yeah been waiting for the Mamie for the exact reason I live in Mass.

Members
1 post
79 battles

Could this maybe become a BB with excellent dispersion and manuvrebility (for BB), but poor AA and a vulnerable citadel to balance. Maybe even reduced max range to force players to got xloser and not just camp at the back.

Members
2,873 posts
1,365 battles
On 12/1/2017 at 5:37 PM, WolfofWarship said:

She's really gorgeous, isn't she? Bet she'd be amazing to see inside of!

Thats what she said?

• Funny 1

Members
168 posts
7,659 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, HelmiDC said:

Could this maybe become a BB with excellent dispersion and manuvrebility (for BB), but poor AA and a vulnerable citadel to balance. Maybe even reduced max range to force players to got xloser and not just camp at the back.

Poor AA? Her AA is almost identical to North Carolina's excellent loadout, and substantially better than Alabama's when it comes to medium caliber guns. What I really am curious about is the ugly prospect of power creep despite her sister already performing admirably. If WG pulls a stunt like they did with Belfast and allows her to get modules reserved for higher tier ships I will be pretty irritated. 

Members
2,873 posts
1,365 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, HelmiDC said:

BB Citadels are PLENTY vulnerable when they ARENT above the waterline.......

Members
1 post
501 battles

I have been waiting for this one. I loved being onboard the Massachusetts as a kid and would love to sail her in game. Just wish I knew the release date.

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts

It still exists. I still have the test version of it in my port. Problem is, WG seems to have it on hold for release with no date in sight because last I heard they were trying to figure out how to keep it similar to the Alabama without it being a clone.

Sign in to follow this