Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadMeat_015

Some Warbirds pictures I took (Warning Lots of Pics and Pixels)

11 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles

I am in the process of moving most of my photo's online for safety. Most of these kinda pics are vacation type photos, not that great, need photoshop help for various reasons, context lost to time and I'm not that great of a photographer. Having said that would any of ya'll like to see more of them as I put them online?

Naval Avaition Museum 
Rry5MTV.jpg
oO61YOQ.jpg
Ah78lr2.jpg
ygNAG7N.jpg
vSvatqc.jpg
D2xzfDp.jpg
Pappy Boyington's Corsair
5v8Qgmp.jpg

Edited by DeadMeat_015
  • Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,321 battles

Nice shots.

That mustang looks fantastic

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
15 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Nice shots.

That mustang looks fantastic

Thanks. I have one I like better that I tried to make better with a PS type program. I think I got it pretty decent, but then realized how much work it would be to go thru my pictures and edit them was a monumental task I did not want to pursue lol, besides what the hell was I going to do with them anyway. 

anyway here is edited photo followed by hi-res original of said Mustang

bLaB5k2.jpg

uphf4z5.jpg

Edited by DeadMeat_015
  • Cool 1

Members
4,438 posts
6,130 battles

Really cool. Looks like a great museum. I live near The Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio. It's also super cool. Huge. Tons of planes. Tks for pics. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,549 posts
13,996 battles

I remember going to my first airshow and seeing WWII aircraft for the first time, being surprised by how small they were.  Fighters were small, but most especially bombers.  I always figured them to have this more massive look to them, but when you see them... You had a bunch of guys flying around in a skinny aluminum tube.  Even the 4-engine B-17 Flying Fortress looks small when you're standing next to it.  Modern 1, 2-seater jet aircraft are as big as some of these WWII bombers.

You want big?  Go walk underneath an F-14 Tomcat if you can find one as an exhibit.  You won't need to duck.  And gaze at the massive airframe and the excuse to mount 2 huge engines.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Wow, you took some amazing up-close photos! The Messerschmitt especially looks nice with the backdrop they have behind it.It almost makes it look as if it's 3-D and popping out at you, haha. May I ask which kind of camera you used? The quality is so clear! I would personally love to see more of your photos posted, as you did a wonderful job with taking them. :)

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
On 12/9/2017 at 1:10 PM, Jazzyblaster said:

Wow, you took some amazing up-close photos! The Messerschmitt especially looks nice with the backdrop they have behind it.It almost makes it look as if it's 3-D and popping out at you, haha. May I ask which kind of camera you used? The quality is so clear! I would personally love to see more of your photos posted, as you did a wonderful job with taking them. :)

Had a Canon Rebel T2i ( i believe 18mp) for most of those. Will post some more for you soon, but really a lot of them need some color correction and exposure correction.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
On 12/7/2017 at 4:47 PM, WolfofWarship said:

What gorgeous planes! They must've been so fantastic to see up close @DeadMeat_015!  They're even brighter than I would've imagined. They must be wonderfully looked after

Almost none of the aircraft in these pictures have their original paint schemes intact; in fact, I'd wager none of them do (aside from the Thunderchickens, obviously :Smile_trollface:). This is partly due to the nature of aluminum and other materials in aircraft construction, as well as age, since paint fades over time. Unfortunately, there still seems to be this habit among warbird aviation to repaint the various aircraft in overly-bright, fictitious schemes that look less like anything representing their historical service and more like daubing makeup onto a circus clown. One of the continuing errors that continually scream at me like a banshee caught in a bear trap is the insistence of some to continue to paint P-51s in the markings of the 361st Fighter Group, but with robin's-egg blue upper surfaces.

But it used to be oh-so-much worse...like, say, back in the '70s...

In point of fact, I am rather shocked and upset that the Alabama museum has let their B-25G Mitchell devolve to such a state, what with rust showing through the paint (that's right, aluminum does actually oxidize) all over the upper wings and fuselage. Makes me wonder if they've let the engines become two heavy blocks of fused metal, useless for anything other than scrapping.

Yeah, aviation has always been my first love.

EDIT: I should hasten to add, all of the above does not, nor should it, take away from the quality of the photographs posted here. OP is a good shot and I for one would love to see more from him.

Edited by Goodwood_Alpha
FREE KEKISTAN!

1,266 posts
13 battles
16 hours ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

Had a Canon Rebel T2i ( i believe 18mp) for most of those. Will post some more for you soon, but really a lot of them need some color correction and exposure correction.

Thanks very much! I've always heard that Canon had some of the best cameras, and I honestly can't even tell the difference, your photos are seriously gorgeous. :)

Sign in to follow this