You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadMeat_015

Ouch, tough girl

19 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

The ball lost a lot of energy on the way there and with the bounce. Still don't wanna get hit by a ball like that though.

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

The ball lost a lot of energy on the way there and with the bounce. Still don't wanna get hit by a ball like that though.

yea, but you can see that it hurt and how she was NOT going to let it stop her from doing her job. Heroic is the wrong word, but grit or sand or something that says "IS that the best you got!?!?" . Something bout this has my broveries all knotted up and I wish I could give her a high 5. Silly I know

Edited by DeadMeat_015

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

Not silly at all. She showed a lot of character, that ball would've still hurt like a matriarch copulating female dog.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,830 battles
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

Not silly at all. She showed a lot of character, that ball would've still hurt like a matriarch copulating female dog.

So that is what a matriarch copulating female dog feels like? Hmmf, I never knew...

The young lady did show some character!

Edited by Khafni

[KENT]
Members
480 posts
3,023 battles
1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

She was bow-in.

LRYoIHb.png

I'd give rep, but I ran out for the day.  Here's a happy Yuudachi instead.

happy yuudachi.png

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

Is she not supposed to react to the ball? because I would have tried to get out of the way. She never even flinched and good thing it was a girl. Nut Cup Required.

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Is she not supposed to react to the ball? because I would have tried to get out of the way. She never even flinched and good thing it was a girl. Nut Cup Required.

de ball was moving at 140 mph or if you use the wrong system of measurements 225 kph. I want to see you dodge one movin that fast ;)

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles
6 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

de ball was moving at 140 mph or if you use the wrong system of measurements 225 kph. I want to see you dodge one movin that fast ;)

A ball coming at my balls will quicken my reflexes. I may be 55 years old but I would turn into Flash Gordon for a second. You can react to it or we wouldn't play tennis much. Played enough base ball to know that I would have tried to catch it. I did take one to the nether regions when I was in midget Hockey and I was the Goalie and didn't have a cup. I have felt her pain. I saved the goal though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

A ball coming at my balls will quicken my reflexes. I may be 55 years old but I would turn into Flash Gordon for a second. You can react to it or we wouldn't play tennis much. Played enough base ball to know that I would have tried to catch it. I did take one to the nether regions when I was in midget Hockey and I was the Goalie and didn't have a cup. I have felt her pain. I save d the goal though.

Maybe its a gender thing, but having played catcher in baseball myself I understand where you are coming from. So you are probably right its required for her to stand still as not to effect the concentration of the players, so maybe her brain was still in decision mode is why she did not move

Edited by DeadMeat_015

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles
Just now, DeadMeat_015 said:

Maybe its a gender thing, but having played catcher myself I understand where you are coming from. Its probably required for her to stand still as not to effect the concentration of the players, so maybe her brain was still in decision mode

That's what I want to know is she supposed to stay still? If so, she is a better line judge or ball girl or whatever she is than I would be. I would definitely flinch.

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

That's what I want to know is she supposed to stay still? If so, she is a better line judge or ball girl or whatever she is than I would be. I would definitely flinch.

yea I changed what I wrote cause my brain just caught up with what you wrote  lol sorry. But you are mostly likely right

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles
3 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

yea I changed what I wrote cause my brain just caught up with what you wrote  lol sorry. But you are mostly likely right

It made me think of a time that we all went to play splat ball and good old Dean told everyone that he wore a nut cup, which may be a really good idea but not if you let everyone know.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 17/11/2017 at 3:16 AM, DeadMeat_015 said:

140 mph(225kph) serve to the lower stomach. I would have cried like a little girl...er wait. What a tough young lady!

lFhsBiC.gif

Oof! I swear I felt that! I think it would definitely knock the wind out of you! >_<

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

ball girls and boys are always allowed to protect themselves. once the ball is out of play, movement to retrieve the ball, or avoid contact with a player, racquet or ball is expected. in this case the point was over, the call would have already been made, and there was zero reason for her to take the hit. 

more importantly than any potential injury to non-essential personnel, the break in play could have resulted in the server being given another first serve.

also, this entire video is a fake, as there has never been a tennis match between Argentina and Croatia in which the crowd was this well mannered, at any time. nobody threw anything, and nobody climbed on the court in an effort to assault anyone.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Here's the whole thing where Del Potro tells her it's ok to sit down for a bit.  Hurt more then she let on, poor kids got tears in her eyes.

• Cool 1