You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
thatGcat

Replays

6 comments in this topic

[EREKT]
Members
23 posts
934 battles

Hi all! back with more questions! 

I feel like the advice has been incredibly helpful in getting me on the right foot in terms of gameplay which is great! now, I want to be able to watch replays. after just finishing a great win in my Konig, I looked into my WoWs folders and didn't see a replays folder. which is strange considering I should have replays enabled. Is it that I am missing something? did I change the wrong setting? and if I enable replays will I be able to watch replays of games I played before enabling replays? 

Always eagerly awaiting thoughts!

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles

Look here for instructions on how to turn replays on. Make sure the client is not running while you do this. If you succeeded in activating replays, the /replays folder will be created the next time you launch the game. This setting keeps between updates and patches, so you need to do it only once.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts

No on seeing replays for games prior to enabling replays. The client side (that's you) gets recorded. When you start the replay of a match, the game contacts the server, gets the server side data and away you go. 

It's best to always have replays enabled. Just remember to go to the directory where they are being stored (usually in the WoWS folder and named "replays") and delete the ones you don't want. I do this every couple days. 

[EREKT]
Members
23 posts
934 battles

k. now I have the Wows replays tool in my game folder I turned off the "replays disabled" setting so there should be a replays folder after I restart the client and play 2 matches. right?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
20 minutes ago, thatGcat said:

there should be a replays folder after I restart the client and play 2 matches. right?

Yep.