Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DingBat

Possibly the dumbest thing I've heard in 30,000 WoT/Wows games

41 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Obligatory disclaimer: This post contains whines and rants. You've been warned.

I'm playing a game in my Benson on Haven. We've taken one cap and are moving on the other. I and another friendly dd get into a fight with an enemy Fletcher. I'm in the furball when I hear that "beep-beep-beep" warning of incoming torpedoes. I look around and they're not in front of me. They're directly behind me. And there's a ton of them. HAS to have come from a Shima. I slam on the brakes and turn into the flood. The closest one misses by a few yards. Ok, no harm, no foul. By this time I've cleared the cap area and can reset and go back.

Eventually, I get back into the cap area and there's another furball in progress. A friendly dd takes some torps from a Z-46 and I'm out of smoke and torpedoes and an enemy bb and cruiser are closing. Time to beat feet. Except there's ANOTHER cloud of torps coming my way and fast. I have to turn into an island to avoid death. I'm spotted and saturated. Game over. 

As you might expect, I have a few choice questions. The response?

"You were camping. I had a shot and took it."

Ohhhh-kay.

So, not entirely sure if stupid or trolling. I want to resist but can't. Go take a look at the stats. 8000+ games. Sub-48% win rate. Sub-700 WTR. 300+ games in a Shima. Takes, on average, two games to sink one ship. 

I'm actually not going to challenge said players right to play tier 10. But can it really be that much fun? Is there not a point at which a normal person would say "This is not working out right. Maybe I need to re-think how I'm playing?".

I guess not. I'll give the guy this much. That response was so unexpected I completely forgot about being angry. Still salty, but it's a cold salt. 

At least we won. 

Anyway, let's get cathartic. What's the worst example of play you've ever witnessed? No names. 

• Cool 6

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
900 posts
6,266 battles
3 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Anyway, let's get cathartic. What's the worst example of play you've ever witnessed? No names. 

In my experiences (over 12,000 WoT games) the amount of stupid players stays the same no matter what level you are at... the only thing that changes is that as you climb the tiers stupid play is more and more harshly punished.

Rewards for losing matches are sufficient that people are literally losing their way to the top.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

Ok, I get that his response was...weird. What I don't get is what, exactly, you're complaining about. Shima vomits torps, it's what she does. You got spotted and got sunk, this happens to all of us.

I'm not being snarky or attacking you, I honestly don't understand the problem, here.

Members
9,861 posts
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Ok, I get that his response was...weird. What I don't get is what, exactly, you're complaining about. Shima vomits torps, it's what she does. You got spotted and got sunk, this happens to all of us.

I'm not being snarky or attacking you, I honestly don't understand the problem, here.

That he died because he was forced to repeatedly dodge friendly torps?

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles
2 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I believe he is complaining because it was his teammate not the enemy was shooting torps without regard to hitting his teammates. 

[HELLS]
Members
1,683 posts
15,135 battles
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Shima on your own team, perhaps?? As close to being teamkilled as you can get without the shooter being pinked.... Been there. Done that...had it done to me more than once. it has a familiar ring to it....Stupid happens, even to good players..Like being pushed out of my own smoke in Fletcher by a GK who had the gall to say ''Stay the f__k out of my way'' in chat and get promptly deleted from the game....

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
19 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I imagine this is how that all went down:

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles

Worst examples of play I have on record are from battleship players, actually.

Example one: I'm in Tashkent. Missouri demands I drop smoke for him. I let it be known that I have the repair party, and no smoke. Missouri unloads both front turrets into me. I explode.

Enemy player asks what just happened, Missouri's response: "Eliminated a useless DD"

Example two: I'm in Shimakaze. Match starts. I start moving slowly while gauging where the team is going. Allied Montana unloads all four turrets into me. I ask what the hell he's doing.

His response: "Useless DD, you should be capping and you weren't moving"

There's more in common with these than that the perpetrators were battleships. And it can be solved so easily...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,119 posts
2,394 battles
16 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Beep-beep-beep-beeeeeeeeee...

Because camping isnt a valid dd tactic? Geez. Anyway most of my /headdesk moments come from complete CV inaction. At least two games today where they just let their fighter float around in circles while the enemy spotted us into oblivion.

Members
5,575 posts
3,943 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

Example one: I'm in Tashkent. Missouri demands I drop smoke for him. I let it be known that I have the repair party, and no smoke. Missouri unloads both front turrets into me. I explode.

Enemy player asks what just happened, Missouri's response: "Eliminated a useless DD"

Example two: I'm in Shimakaze. Match starts. I start moving slowly while gauging where the team is going. Allied Montana unloads all four turrets into me. I ask what the hell he's doing.

There's more in common with these than that the perpetrators were battleships. And it can be solved so easily...

Ouch..

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,087 battles

*Im scared of dds*- BB player sitting at base all game

12 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

tell me again why friendly fire is on in this game with so many childish people?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
Just now, awildpervert said:

tell me again why friendly fire is on in this game with so many childish people?

"MUH REALISMS", so I've been told.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,119 posts
2,394 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Example one: I'm in Tashkent. Missouri demands I drop smoke for him. I let it be known that I have the repair party, and no smoke. Missouri unloads both front turrets into me. I explode

Okay, i'm just going to say it-- thats awesome. In a completely [edited] bag sort of way.

But srsly, twice? I can the instances of bad behavior ive experienced on hand. Stupidity? Loads. But damn.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
Just now, Mulletproof said:

Okay, i'm just going to say it-- thats awesome. In a completely [edited] bag sort of way.

But srsly, twice? I can the instances of bad behavior ive experienced on hand. Stupidity? Loads. But damn.

Yeah the -120k I made from that match as the result of an egomaniac's entitled temper tantrum was completely awesome.

• Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I've seen sub 40% WR  essex player  saying it was team's fault that we lost when he didn't do squat while the other teams CV were deleting us with taiho.    

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
11 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Hmm,  common denominator in both situation is?   .....  :Smile_hiding:    

• Cool 2

Members
5,575 posts
3,943 battles
13 minutes ago, centarina said:

I guess if you get team-killed more than once you deserve it? Solid reasoning.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles
15 minutes ago, centarina said:

You're implying that it's me. Whatever you want to believe, I guess.

For the record there are 3 common traits to the two shared experiences:

1: The attackers were battleships

2: The attackers teamkilled me

3: Team damage enabled the incidents to occur

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,265 posts

Well tell  ya what ya can do when yer in yer DD and not getting any help. Turn around, let them know where you are by firing at them ever 20 seconds and lead them right back to the campers. It is after all a strategic relocation, gun and run to fight another part of the map. Can you help it if the reds followed you? Nope. 

I've done some stupidly dumb things... heck, had a moment this week.. In my Shinome after having just played three rounds in my Kami R. I didn't check tiers, forgot I was in the Shinome... here come planes - and reds... crap, drop smoke till the planes go elsewhere... what's that? Torp alert? How's that... BOOM. Dead dd. 

I'd forgot I was in the She no know me and was rewarded with a manual drop at close range. 

Alpha Tester
4,619 posts
2,400 battles

At least the OP got a response. I rarely, if ever, get one when I ask what the idiots on my team are doing. Oh well, I guess Jim Morrison was right all along.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
48 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Heh, the Shima in question was on my own team. Sorry if that wasn't clear. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
51 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Wow, that guy is an idiot.  A Shimakaze's concealment is good enough that he doesn't have to launch torps from the second tier, with team mates in front of him.  Moron.

I'll chip in a game I suffered through yesterday.  It was on Two Brothers with 2 cap domination.  A close and hard-fought game was down to 3 ships for us and 2 for them...but we had them.  Our battered Cleveland was protecting our cap (even though both of their ships were near their cap), and our Nicholas was capping.  Our Okt. Rev chose to stay outside the cap so getting hit wouldn't reset the cap (mmmkay...wouldn't matter as long as the Nich wasn't hit), and he was keeping the enemy BB and DD at bay.  As our cap capture ticked down to the last couple of seconds, our brilliant Nicholas captain decides to close in on the enemy BB, break concealment, and launch torps.  O.M.F.G.  Enemy BB was prepared, fired a full salvo and obliterated the Nicholas.  Capture reset to zero.  Now our BB is solo against a BB and a DD.  He eats torps from the DD and AP from the BB and down he goes.  We are now down on points as the clock ticks down.  Cleveland makes a valiant charge as the game was already lost, but gets nuked as well.  Of course, the Nicholas captain blames everyone else.  His selfish desire for more damage cost us the game. The red team jumps on all-chat and mocks our team for epic stupidity...and they were right.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,601 posts
13,156 battles

It's hard if you're doing a knife fight right in the middle of a cap and you have Friendly's all around you

most time I don't even bother torping in that situation  don't know where any of those DD's are really going

So I hear you I'd be pissed but move on knowing it would get me nothing

Sign in to follow this