You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zarenno

USS Salt Lake City as a Premium

10 comments in this topic

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,202 battles

USS Salt Lake City as a stand-in premium of the USS Pensacola when the cruiser split happens? (Keeps pensa's current configuration and stats, literally a pensa that's premium)

-Because a bunch of us Pensacola mains love the ship so much, is there a chance y'all could just make her into the Salt Lake City when the cruiser split comes out? I really love the way this boat plays and runs at the current tier, and would hate to see that change. Pensacola is hands down the most played tier 7 of all tier 7 cruisers, and it doesn't seem like the SLC would be to hard to make. (Its legit the exact same in all ways but name). I would use it in an instant, because I don't want to see my baby get down-tiered. 
If you don't believe I play it much, I have 1/3 of my battles in her!

Inb4 "Get Indianapolis" - She just isn't the same; she may have better armor and concealment + radar, but she cant dance with that rudder, and she sits a lot higher out of the water with 1 less gun and worse secondary placement. 
(I play full secondary build, no CE on my captain, because I don't need it!) 

Capture1.PNG

• Cool 7

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles
20 minutes ago, Zarenno said:

-Because a bunch of us Pensacola mains love the ship so much

There are Pensacola mains? I have to buy her back and haven't tried her since she was buffed. I didn't know she had a cult following though. Great stats in her Z.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There are Pensacola mains? I have to buy her back and haven't tried her since she was buffed. I didn't know she had a cult following though. Great stats in her Z.

There's always someone that loves a ship, no matter how the majority feels about it.  I'm sure someone somewhere is playing the heck out of Mikasa and loving every minute of it.

Having said that, I'd be on board with a Salt Lake City to premium-ify the current Pensa configuration.   /signed

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles
4 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

There's always someone that loves a ship, no matter how the majority feels about it.  I'm sure someone somewhere is playing the heck out of Mikasa and loving every minute of it.

Having said that, I'd be on board with a Salt Lake City to premium-ify the current Pensa configuration.   /signed

So Krasny Krym has an actual cult following beside the one person who we all know. On board for Salt Lake too.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,666 posts
9,985 battles

I love the idea - there's a great pic of SLC I saw in a little museum in Anchorage:

s97IPBi.jpg

I'm sure @crzyhawk would support her inclusion too. Her crew fought like heroes during the little known Battle of the Komandorski Islands.

• Cool 2

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,202 battles

I am a fan of when they brawled with her - 

The SALT LAKE CITY interposed herself between the flaming American and her assailant and opened fire at the extremely short range of 5,000 yards. The Japanese fled, buy not fast enough. Four salvos later it was sunk. 

In all, the SALT LAKE CITY made at least 150, 8 inch shell hits on enemy vessels at ranges from 2,000 to 9,500 yards. A heavy cruiser, a destroyer and an auxiliary were seen to sink under her accurate gunfire and it is believed other ships were damaged. 
http://ussslcca25.com/1929-45.htm#top

Such passion! 

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,179 posts
2,029 battles

Oh hell to the yes! I'm 10 x 203% behind this!

g7I7cHN.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles

Pensacola mains; those poor guys have had it harder than pre-2016 Cubs fans! Hang in there Fella's!

Adding more ships; don't see where that could be a bad idea!

You would keep her at tier 7 with some compensatory buffs, no? YES!!

Good idea; plus 1!

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles

I really didn't mind the Pepsi when I ground through it a couple years ago, though there were a lot less deadly ships than there are now. I need to buy it back soon before the split to see how the buffs are.

Unlike any current/upcoming premium, I would almost instantly buy SLC if it was offered because reasons.

<-- Lives in the SLC area

• Cool 1