You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review: Loyang 0.6.13.1

38 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,347 posts
14,590 battles

right now it seems to be a race between Loyang and good on who is the best spy dd.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,410 battles

The Happy Marshmallow torpedo font (yay!) reminds me of Professor Genki's "Super Ethical Reality Climax" from Saints Row. +1 for that silly bit alone.

[SYN]
Members
14,366 posts
10,224 battles

Yeah, Loyang, with her buffed hydro is a serious threat, which is, unlike before, where she was just meh.

btw, I think the hydro is overbuffed. Having stronger than T8 cruiser hydro is too strong for this ship and makes the Z-23 pointless.

bUgnEIc.jpg

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 4

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

The only knock on her is that hydro and detection is so strong that I end up over extending trying to use it. Agree with Mouse, Gudbote! But I don't want anyone else to get it..yes I am that shallow.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,250 battles

Love the Lo Yang. MANLY METAL DEATH FISH OF JUSTICE are the way to go IMHO. Like @Sweetsie  said the hydro will drag you into places you shouldn't be, the high speed, high damage torps work way better for defense. The high speed makes it much more likely to hit fast moving DDs and CAs and have the damage to do more than dent the paint. And now that they are 6.7k range you can stealth torp and if you have a fast ship coming towards you, I have had success launching them as far out as 8k. 

I do quibble about the casual tag, because I believe the US DDs are challenging to play in general. Having the hydro is offset the terrible choice in torps and loss of 1 gun so I would up this one to challenging.

In the weeks just after the hydro was changed, it was so funny contesting caps with the people who did not realize it had happened. They were like

Spoiler

Ir8iN.jpg

Thanks for the write up LWM 

Edited by DeadMeat_015

[E-E]
Members
148 posts
2,828 battles

Have to agree with above. I also love my Lo Yang. Haven't regretted her purchase yet. And the MANLY METAL DEATH FISH OF JUSTICE are the only true option.

I also have Anshan as well, so that's nice.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

The Queen of the WoWS Lewdness meme asks if she's lewd :P. Very funny.

Another enjoyable review to read.

Also am i the only person who likes reading mouse reviews even if i don't plan to get the ship? She has the same effect in text that Jingles voice has on many people.

Beta Testers
601 posts

LWM, yet another brilliant review.  I am afraid you have locked yourself into high expectations. Now you mustn’t ever give a bad review or you will be lashed severely with heavy noodles.

This is a boat I’ve been waiting to come around again, and I’m going to have a very hard time not buying this one. Oh please save me from myself.  

[HSD]
Members
280 posts
9,403 battles

19 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

MANLY METAL DEATH FISH OF JUSTICE

After seeing these words and the tone of the review the rest of it was read with the voice of Mr Torgue.

Thanks Mouse, I think.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,728 posts
9,439 battles

The only way Kidd replaces Lo Yang in compeditive is if CVs become as common as cell phones. In that senario I question if teams will just drop DDs all together.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

One of my favorite ships in the game.  Damage is misleading for this ship, it does everything else, spots, caps, hunts DDs.  When you are high tier, becomes a hunter.  When low tier, can do all the other things a team needs to win.  Especially powerful in late game situations.  

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
36 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

The only way Kidd replaces Lo Yang in compeditive is if CVs become as common as cell phones. In that senario I question if teams will just drop DDs all together.

All competitive teams bring a CV AFAIK, it's par for the course.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

Never really played her since her buff maybe once or twice. She did seem a little meh before the buff and that's probably why I haven't used her in part. The Biggest reason I didn't use her so much is Like Blyskawica the Captain grind is long and the reason I have premiums is to build captains points mostly. Very nice once again Miss @LittleWhiteMouse  I might have missed it some where but what exactly is your definition of Lolibote? As always +1 here and out to the Universe for you.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

One thing worth mentioning.

The Lo Yang is only good in competitive on certain maps. On others the Benson (now Kidd) is far better.

It comes down to good places to use hydro and simultaneously being under the cover of either the NC or a cruiser. Since the Lo Yang has crap AA and if you're sitting still without support a CV can blap you in one strike.

As far as CVs go. I've seen no radar in competitive, I've never seen no CV.  That would just be dumb. CV is huge.

[FAE]
Members
2,116 posts
2,507 battles

What no. The Lo Yang is maneuverable enough to avoid torp bombers. It can smoke. 

The hydro provides huge power over the Benson. Even if the Benson does more damage, Lo Yang is a lot more precision destruction. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,728 posts
9,439 battles
1 hour ago, Carl said:

All competitive teams bring a CV AFAIK, it's par for the course.

I must be thinking the old team battles then.

The point still stands though, if a same tier CV wants a Kidd dead it will be dead. Just a matter of how much of their strike potental they want to use.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I might have missed it some where but what exactly is your definition of Lolibote?

DD. Because they're small.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I must be thinking the old team battles then.

The point still stands though, if a same tier CV wants a Kidd dead it will be dead. Just a matter of how much of their strike potental they want to use.

Absolutely not true.

I had a Hak spend half a game trying to sink me.  He gave up just before he got sunk.  I ended up with a cap and a bunch of aircraft kills, the BBs in my div had quite a few too. He did a grand total of 0 damage in exchange for three full strikes.  Each of them was nearly entirely wiped out either by myself or other friendlies.