You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

My Weirdest Co-op battle ever,.

30 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
863 posts
6,995 battles

That is strange, from both the quantity (15 v 16) and the non-mirrored ships.    Did it happen just once?   Or multiple times?   Would be interesting to hear more.

Members
340 posts
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

That is strange, from both the quantity (15 v 16) and the non-mirrored ships.    Did it happen just once?   Or multiple times?   Would be interesting to hear more.

Agreed, literally first CO-OP on PT, so cannot answer your questions, sorry!

[HINON]
Members
1,487 posts
14,548 battles

7DzPPy5.gif

A high tier game with 4 CV's in it. Interesting. That is quite strange. 

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,704 battles

It would be cool if all co-op battles were like that, the 8 vs 8 thing with mirrored ships gets kinda old and stale.

• Cool 4

Members
340 posts
1 minute ago, Judge_Doom said:

It would be cool if all co-op battles were like that, the 8 vs 8 thing with mirrored ships gets kinda old and stale.

I agree, the dev's need to know your voice.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles
7 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

^^ Yep gotta agree.

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts
48 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Considering the players you see in co-op, do you really think making it harder/more bots for them will be a good idea?:Smile_teethhappy:

There should have been options like this for co-op from the beginning, just like there shouldn't be mercy rules in co-op, who cares about hurting the bots feelings....:cap_hmm:

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts

Insert "Co-op is for babies." "The AI never cheats." "WG always codes things correctly." etc. etc. from the PvP crowd/white knights.

Yeah right. :fish_palm:

Not only is the coding in Co-op built to cheat, err, I mean 'challenge', looks like the new Match Maker will actually start adding more ships to the bot side now.

Hidden coding made apparent.

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts
4 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Insert "Co-op is for babies." "The AI never cheats." "WG always codes things correctly." etc. etc. from the PvP crowd/white knights.

Yeah right. :fish_palm:

Not only is the coding in Co-op built to cheat, err, I mean 'challenge', looks like the new Match Maker will actually start adding more ships to the bot side now.

Hidden coding made apparent.

I've always found it amusing that the bots in co-op know what ammo we have loaded and when loading is just about complete, but the much better scenario bots don't...:Smile_teethhappy:

And the fact that they seem to always make the perfect shot before they die, and light a fire with a single shell seemingly every time the fire goes out.

Members
266 posts
3,301 battles

As a frequent co-op player that used to be a random only player, the bots do tend to have uncanny abilities. They have psychic torpedo detection and an incredible way of dodging incoming fire, better than a good deal of random players I've seen.They have an odd dichotomy to them, at times relentless and competent opponents and, at others incredibly dumb and easily fooled. I'd be up for a mix of the current small co-op matches with a few like the OP got every now and then, it would add some variety to co-op and possibly force some particularly inexperienced players to learn and improve their skills (or possibly not).

I've got to say, the two main reasons I took to co-op from randoms were the various metas that cycle through randoms and, honestly, I joined this game because it looked like fun, and in randoms it used to be more fun than stressful. Over time, however, the game became more stressful as more and more often I'd end up being either the best player on the team and everything relied on me (which is something I'd prefer not to have on my shoulders all the time), or I'd come up against a really good enemy team that would focus you into oblivion. The second part isn't so bad in and of itself, but when it happens too often with nothing but the other type of matches to go with it, it gets to be very much the opposite of fun. On occasion I'd end up on teams that actually would work together, but that got more and more rare until I decided to switch to mostly co-op to try and have fun again.

Members
340 posts
37 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

As a frequent co-op player that used to be a random only player, the bots do tend to have uncanny abilities. They have psychic torpedo detection and an incredible way of dodging incoming fire, better than a good deal of random players I've seen.They have an odd dichotomy to them, at times relentless and competent opponents and, at others incredibly dumb and easily fooled. I'd be up for a mix of the current small co-op matches with a few like the OP got every now and then, it would add some variety to co-op and possibly force some particularly inexperienced players to learn and improve their skills (or possibly not).

I've got to say, the two main reasons I took to co-op from randoms were the various metas that cycle through randoms and, honestly, I joined this game because it looked like fun, and in randoms it used to be more fun than stressful. Over time, however, the game became more stressful as more and more often I'd end up being either the best player on the team and everything relied on me (which is something I'd prefer not to have on my shoulders all the time), or I'd come up against a really good enemy team that would focus you into oblivion. The second part isn't so bad in and of itself, but when it happens too often with nothing but the other type of matches to go with it, it gets to be very much the opposite of fun. On occasion I'd end up on teams that actually would work together, but that got more and more rare until I decided to switch to mostly co-op to try and have fun again.

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate your guessing the co-op match turned out fun, it was interesting, that's for sure!

[PSP]
Members
6,040 posts
8,582 battles

The AI is obviously programmed with a sort of "incoming fire alert" for torpedoes because time and again I see them start to turn the instant I release torpedoes. Someone told me that the AI is programmed to detect a torpedo launch if you are locked onto them.  I've been trying hitting X immediately before launching torpedoes to break the lock and it does seem to work. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

You know...as weird as this is, I WISH that normal co-op was like this. Gives more a sense of random battles but more laid back. Would be nice if WG changed co-op to do this instead. :)

• Cool 1

Members
340 posts
Just now, Kitsunelegend said:

You know...as weird as this is, I WISH that normal co-op was like this. Gives more a sense of random battles but more laid back. Would be nice if WG changed co-op to do this instead. :)

But they got a Tier ten AND an extra ship.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,704 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

Considering the players you see in co-op, do you really think making it harder/more bots for them will be a good idea?:Smile_teethhappy:

There should have been options like this for co-op from the beginning, just like there shouldn't be mercy rules in co-op, who cares about hurting the bots feelings....:cap_hmm:

Harder?...eh, does not really bother me, making it more interesting would be the real benefit...plus can you imagine the lols when some of the anti co-op hard core PVP'ers venture into one of these battles and get rolled, its already very funny when it happens to them in a regular PVE match, we are talking some serious belly laughs in a battle as the OP has shown to us. :Smile_teethhappy: