You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_irony_

0.6.14 Public Test Bug Reports

112 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,843 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.6.14 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

UPD. Most crashes and freezes are already resolved by the development team and there's going to be micro patch implemented shortly to address them.  

As for the other issues, we need more information in order to investigate those issues.

For each future report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test): 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,843 battles
18 minutes ago, Jenska said:

irony, yes, absolutely, it is the 6.14  test after all.....

Please check the other thread so we dont have to repost : https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/142784-0614-bug-reports/

Already did, thanks

Moving this one here for visibility:

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
9 posts
11,756 battles

Bug Report

During third game on PTS (0.6.14), the game crashed. This occurred after my ship was "killed" and I attempted to go to free-camera mode. The game "froze" and di not update. Game would respond to some commands (change camera mode but graphics did not change. When attempted to exit battle, the game showed a wave splash with a fighter aircraft in the middle of the splash with fire around it. I was using a King George V BB in game.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Same thing as @Jenska. I was playing CV and my game screen froze. I could type in chat, and highlight sectors but my screen remained frozen. In port My screen remained frozen but I could choose ships. The first time I ignored the frozen screen and jumped into battle but people killed from the previous match came below the current teams and also I never loaded in till I restarted.

This happened thrice now :/

Edited by Silver_kun
  • Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Now my PTS client enters the loading screen but then closes automatically....

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Well I found out why, Its a critical error...

Here is the screenshot:

Error.thumb.PNG.e9b3cd5b9b35e3da6c52c373609472eb.PNG

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Checking game integrity is also not fixing the Critical error.

• Cool 1

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
12,821 battles
45 minutes ago, Papasan01_54 said:

after game which I died, port showed a wave splash with a fighter aircraft in the middle of the splash with fire around it. I was using a King George V BB in game.

27 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

jumped into battle but people killed from the previous match came below the current teams and also I never loaded in till I restarted.

just had the flaming plane in port, then the next match presented some sort of game roster, but not the coop I expected and it never loaded.  screens attached

and I needed to kill it with task manager since it wouldn't exit.

shot-17.11.16_15.35.00-0640.jpg

shot-17.11.16_15.37.47-0485.jpg

when I re-entered the game it connected me to a match with completely different teams than the screen shot, and was 10 minutes into it.

Edited by Jenska
added new info
  • Cool 2

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
12 minutes ago, Jenska said:

just had the flaming plane in port, then the next match presented some sort of game roster, but not the coop I expected and it never loaded.  screens attached

and I needed to kill it with task manager since it wouldn't exit.

shot-17.11.16_15.35.00-0640.jpg

shot-17.11.16_15.37.47-0485.jpg

when I re-entered the game it connected me to a match with completely different teams than the screen shot, and was 10 minutes into it.

I also got the burning plane in the center of the screen and had to use task manager. Just as you said, the GUI problem wasn't solved when I resized the screen or escaped and alt-tabbed.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
25 posts
10,777 battles

Played the Operation two times and both times the screen locked up (froze) and I couldn't access any keys (except Ctl-Alt-Del).  Was able to reload and get back into the game only to have it (both times) lock up at the end.  Stuck in the last frame of the game and finally the error message (above in another message) appeared.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

No idea how this happened, but CTRL+clicking on planes broke just about everything.

20171116_143006_PASC012-Pensacola-1944_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

Edited by Goose21891

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
12,821 battles

seem like leaving a match (dead of course) and starting a new one prevents proper startup of the new match. This seems to be a common thread if I flip between two ships and die early in a match. The next one hangs and I need to kill the process before I can load into the new match.

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,808 battles

global.po file. Inconsistence when decoded. While it told me that it should be utf-8, there is still some text get wrong charset (any characters outside ascii range) and it read USC-2 BOM by default while previous it's still get utf-8 encoded. Some [Space] character get replaced by Unicode space character while the other aren't. Library used

On Warrior Path, the tip screen would be blank when the tip screen gets shown first. The navigator of that slide-show blend into the background too much, it's hard to see on low contrast screen. the navigator button is kinda small too.

The Container randomly disappear when open, and when I click [Back], it appeared for a second.

Not sure if it's a new model for Des Moines's guns or somehow it cause the texture mod misaligned. 

shot-17.11.17_1.31.08-5518.png

shot-17.11.17_2.47.31-3538.png

shot-17.11.17_4.21.20-7384.png

shot-17.11.17_4.21.34-7658.png

shot-17.11.17_4.37.01-2213.png

Edited by leehwongxing

[SSN]
Members
233 posts
10,541 battles

Spectator view is not working. Once killed, i like to continue viewing the battle. In this PTS, that is not working (or is no longer a function/feature).  Selecting "Shift" did not put me into spectator mode. just the frozen view of my dead hull.

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,808 battles
34 minutes ago, Lancer240 said:

On exiting the battle, returning to port, my ship is not in the port view. There's a fighter plane instead.

shot-17.11.16_16.53.14-0793.jpg

wait, how you got these premium ships and sur-plus doubloon too?

• Cool 1

[HYDRA]
[HYDRA]
Members
63 posts
2,616 battles

I'm pretty sure there was an announcement saying Pan-Asian DDs would be in the test server? I don't see them at all; Port is empty, Pan-Asian tech tree still says [SOON] on all of the ships, and no missions in sight to unlock them.

Members
40 posts
8,740 battles

There is not carrier "raptor" in the scenario mission (although, there is a sub-objective to kill it)?

[UWS]
Members
10 posts
7,495 battles

Has anyone else had the following problem?

I just attempted to play-test the American CV (Ranger) in co-op mode. I could not:
1. Control the Ship Via Autopilot
2. Could only launch aircraft directly at enemy ships, once and only once
    a. other attempts to launch aircraft failed, despite having planes left
3 What planes did get launched could not have their flight paths directed

[MBR]
Members
221 posts
5,584 battles
12 minutes ago, xchoo said:

There is not carrier "raptor" in the scenario mission (although, there is a sub-objective to kill it)?

Yes, there is no carrier Raptor on the Scenario, if the carrier is there we have no clue of where she is. Also this OP crashed my game 3 times.

Members
40 posts
8,740 battles

I've had 1 crash (memory error), and two freezes so far (one when trying to load the operation -- it hang at "waiting for ships 00:58", the other when I loaded into the operation, and the camera froze in position, but the rest of the ships were moving.)

[SSN]
Members
233 posts
10,541 battles
1 hour ago, leehwongxing said:

wait, how you got these premium ships and sur-plus doubloon too?

i thought that was odd as well.  It was left over from last PTS. Must be another "bug" with this PTS?   sshhhh dont tell WG