Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Teephud

Display Glitch - Help Needed

7 comments in this topic

Members
79 posts
2,958 battles

I got a new computer about 1 month ago. All was well until yesterday. I installed the "big update" that windows had been nagging me about. To be clear, it was installing updates with almost every shutdown since I got it, but I'd get a notification every so often about a "big update, with new features". Last night, when I tried to play my port looked like it was 3D, and I wasn't wearing the glasses. There is a distinct shift between the red and green with double images. My PC is a laptop, ThinkPad P71, and this problem seems to only be when docked, and using my big screen. After I ejected, it worked just fine on the laptop's screen. I also confirmed that when docked, it also works fine on the laptop screen. Attached is a screenshot of my jacked port. I can't see anything in the settings that look weird. Any ideas?

Thanks! 

shot-17.11.16_09.27.26-0056.jpg

[RIPQP]
Members
3,706 posts
14,509 battles

Start with changing your cable.

Edited by m373x

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

I've seen that problem when using a single link DVI cable when you need to use a dual link cable.

Members
79 posts
2,958 battles

I'm using a Display Port cable.  It was fine before that last update.  Anyone else install the windows 10 "fall creators" update?  I may have a HDMI cable around here somewhere.  I'll look.  

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles
Members
79 posts
2,958 battles
Sign in to follow this