You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sartt

U.S CV only gets 1 Flight Control Mod...

111 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles

ARE YOU DEVS OUT OF YOUR FLIPPING MINDS? WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING??  YOU REALLY EXPECT THE RANGER to be able to compete against a Hiryu  NOW with 1 fighter squadron? I am trying hard not to call WHO EVER made this change what i REALLY want to call them. I AM QUESTIONING THE INTELLIGENCE OF WHOEVER thought OF REMOVING THE U.S CVs flight mods. SO THAT U.S CVS ONLY GET 2 Fighter squadrons at ESSEX and MIDWAY???  

Edited by sartt
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

People ask for ages for balanced loadouts for USN CVs. WG has now given them. Queue OP.

• Cool 5

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Capslock doesnt make your post more valid just unreadable.

if you cant read english then you should leave english forums

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
Just now, sartt said:

And responses like that won't lead to people taking you serious, now we'll just point and laugh at you

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles
5 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

And responses like that won't lead to people taking you serious, now we'll just point and laugh at you

the same way im laughing at you. stopped caring about other players opinions on games years ago. So make some witty remark or post some meme,  do a popcorn emote, dont care.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, sartt said:

the same way im laughing at you. stopped caring about other players opinions on games years ago. So make some witty remark or post some meme,  do a popcorn emote, dont care.

so no you will instead spam the forums.

640?cb=20170515025403

• Cool 1

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
5 minutes ago, sartt said:

The only meme that fits your whiny attitude is this one

oCVLMKF.gif

Now make a third thread and whine even louder, I can't hear you

[HINON]
Members
8,797 posts
24 minutes ago, sartt said:

If you can't put up a readable post, you should check out @RivertheRoyal's handy guide and then try again. :cap_like:

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles
20 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

so no you will instead spam the forums.

640?cb=20170515025403

sySkZfB.gif

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles
3 hours ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Content moderated by JayStark02

Why should we start insulting him? I mean, sure, there's good reason, but courtesy is simply good taste.  

• Cool 4

Members
813 posts
8,519 battles
Just now, RivertheRoyal said:

Why should we start insulting him? I mean, sure, there's good reason, but courtesy is simply good taste.  

Save your courtesy for those who want an actual convo.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,015 battles
9 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Name-calling and stat shaming are not actual conversation. But they do match your handle. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles
8 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

By that logic, I shouldn't be giving you any courtesy either, seeing as you did not want a conversation with the OP here. 

And besides, insulting someone only closes down any avenues of reconciliation or learning. It shuts down any potential conversation, while only serving to dig the trenches deeper into the ground. It doesn't help anyone. 

• Cool 3

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,274 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

People ask for ages for balanced loadouts for USN CVs. WG has now given them. Queue OP.

1/1/2 is not balanced. Balanced is 1/1/1, 2/1/2, 2/2/1, or 2/2/2

1/1/2 is strike plus a fighter than you can only really use to maybe protect your strike package, or get a quick strafe off and save a teammate if they're close by. 

Members
813 posts
8,519 battles
Just now, RivertheRoyal said:

By that logic, I shouldn't be giving you any courtesy either, seeing as you did not want a conversation with the OP here. 

And besides, insulting someone only closes down any avenues of reconciliation or learning. It shuts down any potential conversation, while only serving to dig the trenches deeper into the ground. It doesn't help anyone. 

OP has already dug his damn trench. What are you gonna do? Go to him with a flower in your rifle?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles
5 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

OP has already dug his damn trench. What are you gonna do? Go to him with a flower in your rifle?

No. But I'm not going to call him a shithead, at least. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,863 battles
2 hours ago, sartt said:

ARE YOU DEVS OUT OF YOUR FLIPPING MINDS? WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING??  YOU REALLY EXPECT THE RANGER to be able to compete against a Hiryu  NOW with 1 fighter squadron? I am trying hard not to call WHO EVER made this change what i REALLY want to call them. I AM QUESTIONING THE INTELLIGENCE OF WHOEVER thought OF REMOVING THE U.S CVs flight mods. SO THAT U.S CVS ONLY GET 2 Fighter squadrons at ESSEX and MIDWAY???  

So you do realize that it is only in the public test, they haven't done anything. Go and test it and then submit your opinion in the proper place, 

If you need further insight into the fact that, it is not in the game and is being tested (Key Word "TESTED") to see if people like it, I would try to explain it, on second thought if you don't understand it now, you may never, so i won't waste the time

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,863 battles
1 hour ago, CarefreeTongue said:

By responding in the forums means that you become part of the convo, if you don't want to be part of it, refrain from posting in it. River is right you don't have to be a ________ (Use this space to fill in your own word) about it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I may have stated the obvious, but I didn't go and insult the guy. Jeez...

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles
37 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So you do realize that it is only in the public test, they haven't done anything. Go and test it and then submit your opinion in the proper place, 

Not looking to argue with anyone, but it isn't often that what we test on the PT server gets changed (much) before going public.  Don't get me wrong, I like the PT and am glad they give us the opportunity to try it out (though I don't as much as I would like - or should).  

b

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
12,845 battles
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

1/1/2 is not balanced. Balanced is 1/1/1, 2/1/2, 2/2/1, or 2/2/2

1/1/2 is strike plus a fighter than you can only really use to maybe protect your strike package, or get a quick strafe off and save a teammate if they're close by. 

without the emotional charge of OP, I agree with THIS; and having NO choice of load-out is not what I think of as balancing the game.

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,863 battles
23 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Not looking to argue with anyone, but it isn't often that what we test on the PT server gets changed (much) before going public.  Don't get me wrong, I like the PT and am glad they give us the opportunity to try it out (though I don't as much as I would like - or should).  

b

No argument here just pointing out a fact and you are quite correct, they don't usually not, end up implementing what they are testing. It does occur rarely though more often with some modification or another. I don't know how well just 1 load-out will sit with the CV players since I am not one yet (Just over 100 games in CVs). Even though I don't CV it seems to me that people are not going to like this 1 load out thing. I might be wrong because one load out should actually be the best load-out (even if there were 2 or 3 choices) and why wouldn't you use the best one anyway.

[AK]
Members
93 posts
7,531 battles

I don't have a problem with the one load out for USN CV's, but I do have a problem with the one fighter squadron part of that one load out. Of course, it forces the CV's to have to try and gain AS with only one fighter squadron, however, the enemy IJN CV's the USN will come up against in those tiers both have 2 fighter squadrons. It makes no sense to me, that we as USN CV drivers, have to live with only one fighter squadron for the first five of our carrier ranks, while the IJN CV driver sails along with no changes to his/her load outs. How is this balancing? Why do we have to wait until tiers 9 and 10 before we can get a second fighter squadron? I do like the fact that they are giving a 2-2-2 load out to the Midway, but I honestly think they should have done that from the Independence on, not wait until the Essex. The Hiryu and Shokaku get that load out at tier 7. USN doesn't get that load out until tier 10. Go figure. I don't know how many people are going to want to grind 5 tiers of CV just to get to the Essex. I just barely made it to the Lexington two days ago. And although I do like the fact that it can equip AP bombs, have you seen the specs on them? They produce less damage than the HE bombs, and of course, have no chance of starting a fire. So why would I want to use bombs that give me less damage, and no fire chance? AP shells give more damage than HE shells in every ship I have played, so it should be that way with CV's bombs. I have played 5 games with the Lexington on the public test server, and found the only way to complete that "Clear Sky" battle requirement of 50k damage to enemy ships is with the HE bomb load out. (BTW, I am an average CV player at best) I think they have it backwards. AP bombs should do the 10k damage, and HE bombs 8k with the chance of starting a fire. As for the 1 fighter only load out. I think that is pure stupidity, knowing full well the enemy CV's will have you outnumbered in every battle unless it happens to be another Ranger/Lexington.

• Cool 1