Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

I like another poster would like to know why you can't see the ships stats and mods till after you've bought it?

12 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles

I'm not sure what you mean. You can see all the relevant stats before buying.

[USCC2]
Members
3,419 posts

Maybe talking about Premium Shop ships?

If so go to the Warships Wiki, they usually have the info on all ships (or have patience and wait for one of the many reviews!).

Edited by _WaveRider_

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Maybe talking about Premium Shop ships?

If so go to the Warships Wiki, they usually have the info on all ships (or have patience and wait for one of the many reviews!).

This. Reviews will usually be up before or the moment a premium ship releases. I personally recommend nozoupforyou, flamu and littlewhitemouse. Zoup and Flamu do youtube, Mouse does written reviews.

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles

The only thing they don't show is the Upgrades and consumables. They show the modules and stats tough.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
9,862 posts
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The only thing they don't show is the Upgrades and consumables. They show the modules and stats tough.

The question is...why not? There's no logical reason we shouldn't be able to see consumables and upgrades on the next ship, but you're forced to buy it to find out?

Certainly no technical reason, so it comes back down to lazy coding and a poor UI, that they seem disinterested in fixing.

• Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

The question is...why not? There's no logical reason we shouldn't be able to see consumables and upgrades on the next ship, but you're forced to buy it to find out?

Certainly no technical reason, so it comes back down to lazy coding and a poor UI, that they seem disinterested in fixing.

That could very well be true. I just never pondered why, It is a bit inconvenient not being able to see them. I kind of wondered why they wouldn't show them until you buy the ship. It's not like you can't go to the WIKI and find out anyway.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,932 posts

No I was only able to see some of what the ships I bought had especially the mod's only 'after' I bought them and no I was not talking about the premium ships,    Not in my budget tho I have seen and read with great enjoyment LittleWhiteMouse's reviews She or He does a great job discussing those items,   Here's  an example  see at the bottom?

Pensacola.png

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,932 posts

Also an Omaha while not having the speed power or range and mod's of a Cleveland or Pensacola can if your adept and accurate enuff  to make use of the speed of it's gun's you can out shoot them, (to all intents and purposes it's a more modern faster version of the U.S St Louis)    However you wouldn't know that until you had all three of them,   And the same is true of the S.Carolina and the Wyoming,  I   have no knowledge of the New York or anything past that however from what I've seen and heard the N.Carolina is the 1st fairly decent U.S.  BB

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
909 posts
17 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

No I was only able to see some of what the ships I bought had especially the mod's only 'after' I bought them and no I was not talking about the premium ships,      Here's  an example  see at the bottom?

Pensacola.png

Ah. You're talking about CONSUMABLES.
There's a detailed section of the wiki here. CLICK ME. Take the time to read it and your question will be answered.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles

My Opinion

I think what OP is referring to is that when you try to see which modifications are available for a ship which you have not previously purchased the game displays a message that you need to unlock and buy the ship before finding out these things.

He thinks that sucks; and really so do I; it's very frustrating to players on a credit budget who are trying to get the most for their limited number of credits. Researching a ship should be wide open whether you've purchased it or not.

Just My Opinion.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, awiggin said:

The question is...why not?

Really? ANOTHER new avatar? You're like a debutante with a closet full of new clothes.

(I don't know where that photo is from but it looks like the guy who played the monster in Young Frankenstien, Peter somebody-or-other; good pic!)

Sign in to follow this