You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anumati

New Midway Changes

65 comments in this topic

_V12    497
Just now, Anumati said:

https://imgur.com/a/fUWe9

New Midway uses the same AP bombs as Enterprise. What a freaking joke. Meanwhile a premium has better DBs with better accuracy two tiers lower.

Come on, man.  It's 2-2-2 Midway, just use the 1000lb'ers.  It'll still stomp everything in its path.

Anumati    611
Just now, _V12 said:

Come on, man.  It's 2-2-2 Midway, just use the 1000lb'ers.  It'll still stomp everything in its path.

Yes, lets just completely negate the fact that the DB focused line has worse DBs end game than a premium one off carrier. NO.

• Cool 2

_V12    497
Just now, Anumati said:

Yes, lets just completely negate the fact that the DB focused line has worse DBs end game than a premium one off carrier. NO.

It has 12 TBs, same as Hakuryu, which has firecrackers for bombs in comparison.

Anumati    611
2 minutes ago, _V12 said:

You are missing the point completely.

8 minutes ago, Anumati said:

Meanwhile a premium has better DBs with better accuracy two tiers lower.

never mind I am stupid.

Edited by skull_122_steel

_V12    497
1 minute ago, Anumati said:

You are missing the point completely.

I may be, but I can't overlook this new setup being incredibly powerful as is, and with GZ-style AP bombs it'd be monstrous.

Anumati    611
3 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

never mind I am stupid.

https://imgur.com/a/ZMbqh

I was talking about Graf Zepplin.

Midway has the exacty same spread and damage as Enterprise. Which struggles to hurt t10 BBs period with AP bombs.

2 minutes ago, _V12 said:

I may be, but I can't overlook this new setup being incredibly powerful as is, and with GZ-style AP bombs it'd be monstrous.

Mate, the entire reason why the torpedo bombers are as slow as t7 dive bombers is because the damage is supposed to be supplementary to the DIVE BOMB FOCUSED CARRIER NATION. In a t10 match, they will get sneezed at anything not bathed in HE. The Midway's AP bombs are DoA and unless changed will never be used because they are overspecialized useless weapons. Im not even gonna bother trying to grind it to test it on the training room. I would rather use HE bombs than use the AP bombs, thats how bad they are. Unless the penetration mechanics changed, (They probably havent) then its AP dive bombers are complete and utter crap.

_V12    497
17 minutes ago, Anumati said:

Mate, the entire reason why the torpedo bombers are as slow as t7 dive bombers is because the damage is supposed to be supplementary to the DIVE BOMB FOCUSED CARRIER NATION. In a t10 match, they will get sneezed at anything not bathed in HE. The Midway's AP bombs are DoA and unless changed will never be used because they are overspecialized useless weapons. Im not even gonna bother trying to grind it to test it on the training room. I would rather use HE bombs than use the AP bombs, thats how bad they are. Unless the penetration mechanics changed, (They probably havent) then its AP dive bombers are complete and utter crap.

Calm, man.  

I play as much Enterprise as most, so I'm familiar with their....shortcomings.  But I've generally considered them supplementary on that ship.  Midway TBs, T7 speed or not, will still be laughably effective against DDs due to the spread.  As before, I'll just run the 1000lbs and stack fires.  It's not glamorous but it works.  Plus the TBs won't have any real issue going after the usual suspects.

It's still a substantial upgrade to 2-1-2 Midway.

Edited by _V12

Anumati    611
Just now, _V12 said:

Calm, man.  

I play as much Enterprise as most, so I'm familiar with their....shortcomings.  But I've generally considered them supplementary on that ship.  Midway TBs, T7 speed or not, will still be laughably effective against DDs due to the spread.  As before, I'll just run the 1000lbs and stack fires.  It's not glamorous but it works.  Plus the TBs won't have any real issue going after the usual suspects.

You completely dodged the actual issue while ignoring the fact that Midway will be fighting AA groz/hurtballs every game now.

AraAragami    5,024
30 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Hakuryu's planes aren't tier 8.

This is not going to go well for Midway. As usual, WG missed the point of what was actually wrong with carriers.

• Cool 3

41 minutes ago, Anumati said:

Enterprise isn't a one-off.

1. She was a Yorktown-class. Your confusing her with the Wasp.

2. Her AP bombs were being used to test future changes.

Anumati    611
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

2. Her AP bombs were being used to test future changes.

See later post.

Graf zepplin.

_V12    497
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

This is not going to go well for Midway. As usual, WG missed the point of what was actually wrong with carriers.

5 minutes ago, Anumati said:

You completely dodged the actual issue while ignoring the fact that Midway will be fighting AA groz/hurtballs every game now.

I don't see 2-1-2 Midway as having any issue competing with a Hakuryu at the moment, and with two T8 TBs, it equates to about 170%?ish of the health pool of one T10 TB.  The speed difference (time within AA) between the two doesn't make up the substantial total health difference.  

As for AA DDs, there aren't really any in random battles.  They're uncommon enough to not matter, Kidd notwithstanding but that's probably temporary.  

I don't think we should look a Midway (or the other US CVs) as a DB line, anyways.  It's a mixed line.  12 TBs in US drop pattern is incredibly deadly.  I imagine more people are going to focus on using those than crummy dive bombers.

Revanmug    0
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I'm fairly sure he is talking about the Graf Zeppelin which has those monstrous AP BOMB which can one shot BB and cruisers without too much problem. At T8.

V12 had way too much fun deleting Neptune yesterday with those and since I have seen them delete Minotaur with just a couple of plane lost, yeah...

nuttybiscuit    575
17 minutes ago, Revanmug said:

I'm fairly sure he is talking about the Graf Zeppelin which has those monstrous AP BOMB which can one shot BB and cruisers without too much problem. At T8.

V12 had way too much fun deleting Neptune yesterday with those and since I have seen them delete Minotaur with just a couple of plane lost, yeah...

The current GZ Test 2 has a single huge dive bomb squadron that can, with a charitable but (common) dose of RNG, delete tier 9 CLs; but while this looks dramatic, it can just as easily fail, and that huge squadron is irreplaceable food for Cls such as Neptune and Mino (not quite true.. but almost, reserves are insufficient to replenish more than once) It is (fun/annoying - toxic?) glass cannon. A one shot wonder of 8400 dmg/group of 10 planes. A more useful comparison are the smaller dive bomb squadrons from Test 1 that deal 8400 dmg/group of 5 (which offers less hilarious/toxic troll fun, but are more flexible and allow you to measure out the pain).

Revanmug    0
1 minute ago, nuttybiscuit said:

A more useful comparison are the smaller dive bomb squadrons from Test 1 that deal 8400 dmg/group of 5 (which offers less hilarious/toxic troll fun, but are more flexible and allow you to measure out the pain).

You got 3 squad of them. It's much worse than the squad of 10 from GZ 2.

The drop circle is small enough for RNG to be much reduce than other nation DBs.

Quite frankly, I feel like you haven't really played or seen much of both GZ current build.

devastator5000    222
40 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

My opinion's still out on the Midway, I can only hope her TBs are at least somewhat survivable. I am interested to see how she does with her 2/2/2 though.

nuttybiscuit    575
8 minutes ago, Revanmug said:

Quite frankly, I feel like you haven't really played or seen much of both GZ current build.

this is truish, currently 10 matches in build 2, 5 in build 1.

1 hour ago, _V12 said:

Nah, it won't. It'll get stomped, because the TBs are a full two tiers undertiered. Garbage concept. 

_V12    497
3 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Nah, it won't. It'll get stomped, because the TBs are a full two tiers undertiered. Garbage concept. 

Explain how it's worse than current 2-1-2 Midway.

nuttybiscuit    575
1 minute ago, _V12 said:

I am curious (with zero experience of t10 CVs but working on correcting that) how t8 strike planes will manage in t10 dominated battles, what strategems you would employ to mitigate AA screens.

AraAragami    5,024
4 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Play Lexington and tell us how great tier 8 planes are in tier 10 AA.

• Cool 1

Anumati    611
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

Play Lexington and tell us how great tier 8 planes are in tier 10 AA.

Don't forget. All enemy fighters are 180 knots or faster