You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Go for it little buddy!

20 comments in this topic

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,538 battles

Krakens must be earned...not given.

Edited by sbcptnitro
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,801 posts

Krakens should never be given away.  Earn it.  I'd have 2x-3x as many as I do now if I got the last kill on those by somebody handing it to me.  It cheapens it.

Don't ask.

Don't give.

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

I'll say it's a nice thing to let someone take the Kraken. They might be having a bad slump and might just make their evening.

[CAST]
Members
1,160 posts
7,185 battles

I can't count how many Krakens I have missed because my shots were 1 second from impact, and the ship dies because of fire from another ship, even though I did most of the damage.  Krakens are hard to get, so they must be earned.  Honestly though, I really don't mind if a player holds off the last shot to allow a player to finish the last ship off for the Kraken, if that player has earned the right to the Kraken by dealing a lot of the damage to the ship.  They shouldn't just be allowed to take the last shot for the Kraken if they weren't involved in the beating down of the ship.

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles

He was in a CV and had 2 squadrons of torpedo bombers on the way to a Tirpitz that had very few hitpoints left. He was the one who had been hammering away at this ship while I was chasing down a cruiser and the rest of the team were cleaning up the remainder of the enemy. I was in position to sink the Tirpitz with one salvo but it was no skin off my nose to give that kill to someone else. Who knows, maybe it was his first Kraken with a CV.

• Cool 1

Members
4,139 posts

I will admit, if I focused more on low health targets I'd probably have more krakens.  But in a BB with big alpha damage potential I hate to waste it on a low health target.  For me I help my team by knocking off 25% or more of a target's health than killing that one ship with 2k or less health.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,887 posts
9,996 battles

I agree with the others.  Kraken should be earned.  Although I have intentionally withheld shots on a target that was burning/flooding and had DCP on cooldown and doomed to die if the ship doing the DoT would get a kraken from it.

However I only do that if #1 our team is definitely going to win (victory comes before achievements) and #2 no one else is shooting into the target and likely to secure the kill.   If it is a mass free for all on target, then may as well join in.

[SYN]
Members
4,530 posts
11,433 battles

Certainly a nice gesture.  I'm sure he appreciated it.  I sure would have.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,226 battles

It is nice to allow a player to get that 5th kill as that player has already taken out 4 & due to this, your team is likely on the way to the win.

Unfortunately, there are way too many Scum players who only care about their own precious stats. We all see this.

I've both held fire to allow someone to get a Kraken and been denied a Kraken by other selfish players.

One can only hope for a decent & intelligent team (& how often does that happen?).

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
11,592 battles
15 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I will admit, if I focused more on low health targets I'd probably have more krakens.  But in a BB with big alpha damage potential I hate to waste it on a low health target.  For me I help my team by knocking off 25% or more of a target's health than killing that one ship with 2k or less health.

In a game where a low health target can inflict just as much damage as if it were at full health the strategic option is to eliminate that weak target.  Your not doing your team any favors by ignoring them.

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
5 minutes ago, aethervox said:

It is nice to allow a player to get that 5th kill as that player has already taken out 4 & due to this, your team is likely on the way to the win.

That was the last ship on their team.

[USCC2]
Members
3,432 posts
36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

He was in a CV and had 2 squadrons of torpedo bombers on the way to a Tirpitz that had very few hitpoints left. He was the one who had been hammering away at this ship while I was chasing down a cruiser and the rest of the team were cleaning up the remainder of the enemy. I was in position to sink the Tirpitz with one salvo but it was no skin off my nose to give that kill to someone else. Who knows, maybe it was his first Kraken with a CV.

I'd say he had earned it then and it was good of you to allow him to finish what he had pretty much done by himself anyway.

Good for you. +1 :Smile_honoring:

[PRNA]
Beta Testers
18,779 posts
2,935 battles
33 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

In a game where a low health target can inflict just as much damage as if it were at full health the strategic option is to eliminate that weak target.  Your not doing your team any favors by ignoring them.

It's really all situational. Should it be for certain that he is going to die and it's no problem for you to withhold a shot or two, then I would certainly do so if it meant someone who was hammering at the ship the entire time (or even half the time) and has 4 kills, I would refuse to be "that one guy" who decided to be a jerk and take the kill for myself after all the hard work (or perhaps not - I'm not watching every candidate for a Kraken to make sure they didn't just kill low-HP targets) that player put into getting those 4 kills. Perhaps those 4 previous kills carried the team? What if - say - one of those 4 players were a great potential threat to the chances of victory? These so many variables attached that I will always be thankful if someone at least gets 4 enemy players gone, and if they want to finish off that one guy with 1,000 HP left, I'd let them do so.

Edited by StrixKitty

Members
4,139 posts
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

If others are already firing on them, then its a complete waste of a shot to me.  As a BB main I dislike firing upon low health enemy ships.  I will if I have to and have, but when it takes 30 seconds to reload, have bad RNG, its not the wisest shot to take.

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,455 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

If you have a chance to be nice to someone in the game, it never hurts to do so.

canIget.jpg

If your in a Div with me and its late game and you got 4 kills. I will always whenever possible hold my fire. Unless I have 4 kills myself then Eff u. Here is looking at you @ObnoxiousPotato