You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

When it ain't super but it is.

43 comments in this topic

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

what's with never the SC anymore w/Try Your Luck?....have the odds dropped drastically?....havent gotten one in weeks

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles
2 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

what's with never the SC anymore w/Try Your Luck?....have the odds dropped drastically?....havent gotten one in weeks

In September, I got 4, and I got 1k doubloons a week ago, consistently going TYL. It's treating me alright :cap_haloween:

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles

Replying to Torak:

True, I have not seen one in 2 if not 3 months, and I get 2 containers a day, taking shots at super-containers alot.  Been playing 8 months at a fairly constant rate. They have definitely lessened the chances of winning one. Don't believe me?  Since we can't fight in RL(where you would lose LOL) we could go fight in the game . ;)

In reply to the OP, yea, I have seen some "weird" regulars ones, with slots for ship and cmd.'s and such

Edited by Strachwitz666

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

Wow, I'd take that in an SC.  What option did you choose?

[GLF]
Beta Testers
520 posts
10,383 battles
33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Not a supercontainer, but I can't really complain.

aintsuper.jpg

Not too bad at all

I've gotten 4 Capt. places and free port slots before, but never together

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
23 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

Lol... weeks... I went around six months averaging two TYL containers a day without a super.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
40 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

aintsuper.jpg

I got the exact same the other day.  It would be great for a collector, I suppose, but I think I have a little over 20 open port slots and god knows how many available reserve spots lol.  

Edited by AspiringCodger

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
12 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I got the exact same the other day.  It would be great for a collector, I suppose, but I think I have a little over 20 open port slots and god knows how many available reserve spots lol.  

It's great for a F2P cheapskate like me.

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts

I got mine -294 since the last one.

I don't open the containers until I get an SC win, so it took me 15 minutes just to get through them all. Clock reset, let's see how long it takes this time. :Smile_Default:

Oh, got 100x Zulu Hotels (one day I will get a speed or smoke upgrade.....one day!). Not bad to be honest, grateful that WG introduced them (thank you)! 

Members
1,547 posts
9,810 battles

I open an average of 2 containers a day and haven't got a SC since early May. I think this thing is rigged. Perhaps Prem players have better odds. 

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Right?

Sometimes the contents in "stealth" supercontainers are better than what you get with actual supercontainers.

Case in point:

Spoiler

When it is a supercontainer, but aint...

4GxOY8c.jpg

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
2 hours ago, Strachwitz666 said:

Replying to Torak:

True, I have not seen one in 2 if not 3 months, and I get 2 containers a day, taking shots at super-containers alot.  Been playing 8 months at a fairly constant rate. They have definitely lessened the chances of winning one. Don't believe me?  Since we can't fight in RL(where you would lose LOL) we could go fight in the game . ;)

In reply to the OP, yea, I have seen some "weird" regulars ones, with slots for ship and cmd.'s and such

...um, not sure what you mean by IRL... ....

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
Just now, Kuckoo said:

Right?

Sometimes the contents in "stealth" supercontainers are better than what you get with actual supercontainers.

Case in point:

Hide contents

When it is a supercontainer, but aint...

4GxOY8c.jpg

yeah kinda chintzy, right?.... ....100 signals or this is nothing like 1,500 gold...well maybe

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
On 11/16/2017 at 8:29 AM, STINKWEED_ said:

I open an average of 2 containers a day and haven't got a SC since early May. I think this thing is rigged. Perhaps Prem players have better odds. 

Edited by commodore_torakula
dumb

Members
1,547 posts
9,810 battles
7 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

...you could be right. ....doesn't say they should tho.. ...there's a Locked Thread you can find from Akula6000 (or something like that, don't remem the username offhand) about how to get an SC every time....there's a trick to it....I tried it and it didn't pan out...or I wasn't doing it right. ...

Thanks but no luck finding that thread. I'm almost certain that they have severely decreased the chance of getting SC for players with standard accounts. It wouldn't surprise me. I used to get SC perhaps once a month and now 0 in 6 months while playing almost every day

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
20 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

yeah kinda chintzy, right?.... ....100 signals or this is nothing like 1,500 gold...well maybe

"...chintzy"

I had to Google this. 

:Smile_hiding:

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

If premium time did increase the odds of finding a super-container would that really be bad?

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
1 hour ago, commodore_torakula said:

...you could be right. ....doesn't say they should tho.. ...there's a Locked Thread you can find from Akula6000 (or something like that, don't remem the username offhand) about how to get an SC every time....there's a trick to it....I tried it and it didn't pan out...or I wasn't doing it right. ...

That was just some guy and his clan trolling the forums.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That was just some guy and his clan trolling the forums.

...kinda figured but he made an elaborate go of it. ....haven't really tried to do it properly but was looking again today. ....yeah where would we be w/out some entertaining trolldom?.... ....

....as for "chintzy" yup derives from chintz curtains . ....I think... .....cheap lace decor