You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spooooooooooooooooooooon

For my gaming convenience...

58 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
7,885 battles

Now that I finally have a 19 point US BB Captain, I can play a cycle of premiums ranging from Tier 4 all the way up to the Montana (which my captain is trained for) at Tier 10 daily.

With one exception. Tier 7.

Please hurry up and offer a tier 7 US BB Premium so that I can have an uninterrupted run up the tiers at my personal convenience.

That is all, we now resume your scheduled programming.

• Cool 1

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles

Considering that there are lines with only one or two Premium ships I think that we have enough American Battleships for now. How about adding some Premiums for other lines first?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
7,885 battles
4 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Considering that there are lines with only one or two Premium ships I think that we have enough American Battleships for now. How about adding some Premiums for other lines first?

That would be inconvenient for me. :)

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
Just now, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

That would be inconvenient for me. :)

What ship would even fit into T7? You'd either have to bring in another Colorado-class ship (Prinz Eugen Syndrome), get a 14 Inch ship up there or fall back to paper designs.

Or alternatively you just always retrain your Captain and use both Colorado and Montana at the same time :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
7,885 battles

Oh man, any of the upgraded Pearl Harbor BB's would be wonderful at Tier 7. Tennessee, California with their 1943-1944 refits

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon
  • Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,912 battles

How many more U.S. battleship premiums is the community gonna whine about?  I swear we only got Alabama because people complained.

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
7,885 battles
4 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

How many more U.S. battleship premiums is the community gonna whine about?  I swear we only got Alabama because people complained.

You mean this might actually work? :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,912 battles
10 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

You mean this might actually work? :cap_yes:

If like half of the NA population threatens to riot like with the Alabama fiasco, then perhaps.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

What ship would even fit into T7?

Lexington Class CC is the most obvious for a T7 USN BB Prem. That or an Alaska, but the Lexington class fits well: same guns as the Colorado, but much faster, but with far less armor, and about 70m longer (so easier to hit). Visually, still a 'standard' type (with T8+ being the modern fast BB's).

Edited by _RC1138

[TDD]
Members
882 posts
7,902 battles
2 hours ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Now that I finally have a 19 point US BB Captain, I can play a cycle of premiums ranging from Tier 4 all the way up to the Montana (which my captain is trained for) at Tier 10 daily.

Please hurry up and offer a tier 7 US BB Premium so that I can have an uninterrupted run up the tiers at my personal convenience.

I agree with this in it's entirety

carry on

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
102 posts
8,223 battles
6 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I think USS Nevada post 1942 refit would be perfect.

uss nevada post refit.jpg

It'd go really well with the Pensicola's asthetic, too.

USSTennesee.jpg

I'd like to see the Tennesee in game, too.

Something about those dual 5" turrets on a super dreadnaught hull is really neat.

Edited by MrSharkswith
  • Cool 1

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,786 battles

The spork supports the spoon in this.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts
45 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I think USS Nevada post 1942 refit would be perfect.

uss nevada post refit.jpg

At T7? 10 14" Guns at T7, 20.5 knots, and likely ~39,000 HP (given her light weight and the Colorado as an indicator).

Unless they gave her *historical* 5" gun performance as secondaries (so, basically, a T7, slow as hell Bismarck aka Atlanta DP Performance) the Nevada would be *100%* worthless at T7. Hell she barely qualifies as a decent T6 (behind both the NM and Arizona for obvious reasons, and inferior to the others as well) and now that the RN BB's have bucked the trend of no Super Dreadnoughts at T5, the Nevada likely fits very snugly there.

Edited by _RC1138

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
7,885 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

At T7? 10 14" Guns at T7, 20.5 knots, and likely ~39,000 HP (given her light weight and the Colorado as an indicator).

Unless they gave her *historical* 5" gun performance as secondaries (so, basically, a T7, slow as hell Bismarck aka Atlanta DP Performance) the Nevada would be *100%* worthless at T7. Hell she barely qualifies as a decent T6 (behind both the NM and Arizona for obvious reasons, and inferior to the others as well) and now that the RN BB's have bucked the trend of no Super Dreadnoughts at T5, the Nevada likely fits very snugly there.

Well she had the same guns as AZ (literally after the refit - she got two of AZ's relined barrels) and AZ holds her own just fine at tier 7.  Should have a very nice AA rating.  I could see her filling a nice AA BB role at tier 7 similar to how Texas works at tier 5

[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts
1 minute ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

her own just fine at tier 7. 

Go check her tier again.

And remember the Az has 12 vs. the 10 on the Nevada. And would have ~10000 more HP than the Nevada given their displacement disparity.

Edited by _RC1138

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
936 posts
6,351 battles

KGV has 10 14" guns at tier 7 and does acceptably. No reason something like Tennessee in her late war configuration wouldn't work. 

Members
2,748 posts
6,245 battles

You have only one 19 captain?

[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts
1 minute ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I know AZ is tier 6.  I'm saying AZ holds her own nicely when uptiered to Tier 7.  

She really doesn't, and the point still stands: 2 extra barrels, plus ~10k more health, and a better armor scheme than the Nevada keeps her afloat when bottom tiered. The same would not hold true for the Nevada. And that's assuming the Nevada was a T6. You're saying put her at T7, where it could see Missouri's and Lion's. Cause that's what we want at high tier games; ANOTHER 20.5 knot teammate whose too slow to contribute (with guns too small to matter (no RN HE pen to make 14" guns work, remember)). No, it's an aweful idea to put the Nevada at T7, regardless of 'state.' A Lexington Class CC or a D-Hulled WeV makes far more sense. Even the Alaska makes more sense. And if all else fails, there are a *staggering* number of USN Paper BB's to use which is worth mentioning only because it seems to be a trend that paper designs seem to outperform real ships in many (not all), but many cases (hmm, I wonder why, says the Nautical Engineer) and thus, with only 1, the USN could use an OP Paper monster. 

[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

I think he meant he has a 19pnt USN BB captain, for which you only really need one since most if not all skills applicable to say, an Iowa/Montana, are just as applicable to a Texas/NY.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

This gets trotted out every time anyone brings up this topic, and I'm really getting a bit tired of it.  How exactly will it hurt you to have, say, a Maryland premium at T7?  It isn't like there's one lonely guy in St. Petersburg chained to his desk making digiboats, so dropping a request for West Virginia on his desk isn't going to delay your precious Musashi/Renown/Haida/whatever by any appreciable amount.  Like it or not, on this server USN ships will always be popular, even if they have been power-crept into near-obsolescence.  So seriously, what's the source of irritation here?

4 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I know AZ is tier 6.  I'm saying AZ holds her own nicely when uptiered to Tier 7.  

As _RC1138 noted, two less rifles and 10K less HP mean that Nevada would be very hard-pressed to hold up as well as Arizona at T6.  Besides, if the USNBB tree split happens they'll need Nevada for the tree.  And no way could she make Tier 7 and see T9 BBs.  *shudder*

2 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Some of us have lives, jobs, families. ;)  I've been playing for two full years and my most experienced captain is a 14-pointer.  I figure he'll get 19-ed sometime in 2020...