You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaborneSumo

Ognevoi Torp Reload Time Increased

9 comments in this topic

[--V--]
Members
479 posts
10,568 battles

Over the last few weeks I've played the Ognevoi several times.  The one thing I loved about it was an ~50 sec torp reload time.  55 second base, and I have the TAE Captain skill selected knocking off 5 seconds.

Today, my Ognevoi's torp reload time with TAE is 82.8 seconds.  I don't recall seeing any release or patch notes mentioning this nerf of the Ognevoi.  Given her horribly slow torps and minimal guns, the fast reload time was her only redeeming quality.  Pisses me off.

PS: If you don't believe me about the 55 second torp reload value, check the wiki.

Edited by SeaborneSumo

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

Did you just upgrade the hull? Because upgrading the hull increases your torp reload time because it goes from triples to quintuples. The more torps per launcher, the longer it takes to reload.

She hasn’t been nerfed at all. You just didn’t check out the stats from the upgraded hull.

If you want your faster torp reload, go back to the previous hull and use it.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,149 battles

Yep that is wut happens when you upgrade that lovely ships hull she really is a beast 1.1 km torp detec 10 km campers nightmare great guns

[--V--]
Members
479 posts
10,568 battles
46 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Did you just upgrade the hull? Because upgrading the hull increases your torp reload time because it goes from triples to quintuples. The more torps per launcher, the longer it takes to reload.

She hasn’t been nerfed at all. You just didn’t check out the stats from the upgraded hull.

If you want your faster torp reload, go back to the previous hull and use it.

You are correct sir.  I noticed the 3 to 5 tube increase, but not the reload time change.  Changing the hull back.  12 torps and 2 volleys in 100 seconds is more valuable than 10 torps in 1 volley in 90 seconds.

Thanks!!

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

You are correct sir.  I noticed the 3 to 5 tube increase, but not the reload time change.  Changing the hull back.  12 torps and 2 volleys in 100 seconds is more valuable than 10 torps in 1 volley in 90 seconds.

Thanks!!

Any time :Smile_honoring:

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,492 battles

We should put this to rest in an FAQ thread. There are afaik, no changes to the existing game that are unannounced. And especially so, no secret unannounced nerfs to specific ships. 

Something else is always the cause. (Or a truly honest question if whether you missed the announcement.)