You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

1000th Mission Kamikaze R Thank you WG

28 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Not the worst stats for a 1,000 mission ship but not as good as I'd like. I do better these days than the first 3/4 of my playing. Nonetheless... this point in my random battle career is worth something to me... I know, it's just a number but still... that's at least 15,000 minutes (on average) or two hundred and fifty hours of playing her since she was obtained via the Pearl missions... 

Spoiler

shot-17_11.15_22_28.07-0050.thumb.jpg.c0e4ade89087b88e4710a33193ef2c14.jpg

Of course, Mister Ideaman - tha's me - thought hey, one thousand missions in one ship is something of an achievement. Ought not WoWS/WG have an achievement badge or something to mark the occasion? Maybe provide some type of tiny (but not insignificant) bump to some aspect of the ship's earning potential? 

My favorite of course would be something like some type of free conversion of the built up ship xp into free xp. I mean, it's not everyday you can turn a 1000 missions in one ship. 

They could call it the Mille Missioni. Heck they could do it again at 2500, 5000 and the grand tea total'er at 10,000 missions. What you guys think? 

tiafyc

Edited by Herr_Reitz
hit submit instead of ad media - duh
  • Cool 3

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

well done...those numbers are nothing too sneeze at ...I probably play this game too much sometimes, but in about 4,500 randoms I don't have more than 300+ or 400 matches in any given ship.... ...

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,873 battles

Well done! I've gotten just over 500 battles in four ships. I spread my play out a bit more I guess. I do like your idea about some sort of recognition for single-ship accomplishments like that. The performance perks or XP conversion likely won't fly, though.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

That is a lot of battles in one ship. Congrats on your 1k accomplishment.

1 hour ago, commodore_torakula said:

well done...those numbers are nothing too sneeze at ...I probably play this game too much sometimes, but in about 4,500 randoms I don't have more than 300+ or 400 matches in any given ship.... ...

I have 7057 randoms and I have only 2 ships over 200, Missouri at 212 Atlanta at 204 the next one after that is 181 and they decrease quickly after that. When I have them all I suppose that I can concentrate on just a few but probably not I like the variety. As of today I have 182 ships not including rentals of course.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

I'm celebrating like 2,222 kills in randoms recently.....should and will be a better proportion if I keep to the lower tiers. .....I've seen assertions that higher tier play isn't inherently a tougher skill pool, but recently my results when I'm lowballing are undeniable for the now....

Members
8,079 posts
17,038 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Not the worst stats for a 1,000 mission ship but not as good as I'd like.

The only thing that boggles my mind more than someone playing the same ship so much; is the players in Tanks who have TWENTY-THOUSAND and more total battles.

2 hours ago, Khafni said:

Well done! I've gotten just over 500 battles in four ships.

Same to both of you actually.

I still feel like some kind of piker; over 12k battles, yet the most I have in any single ship is 300 in Bogue, with Atago close behind at 285.

Members
280 posts
9,326 battles

huh, according to ship comrade i have played the Ishizuchi more than anyone else. Woulda though someone else, seeing as how its been around forever...

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,622 battles

Pretty nice @Gyphon_GF

I don't know if I'll ever do 1k in one ship, if I was then maybe my Atlanta

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
350 posts
9,149 battles

Congrats :o seeing this make me regret not getting 1000 games in with the minekaze before the line was split

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Wow everyone... some serious playing action out there! Over 3K in her?! You must be one of the top players of the Kami R. And congrats @Khafni for over 500 in four different ships. 

I actually was surprised... I caught the number at 996 last night so thought I'd play four missions to hit the mark. Probably her worst games ever! lmbo... but as to how I played so many missions in her... she's just a great ship - I needed a lot of coin in the early days... she was my best paying premium at the time... and like many others who play DD I simply enjoyed taking her into a match. She has about everything you could want dialed in to where you'd want it. Many call her OP but she really is just representative of what the IJN DD line used to be like way back when. 

I've also always wanted at least two crates every day I play. She's pretty good at getting you there quickly. 

I think you guys are probably right... no special perks... but they could always do some type of camo, flag or other such thing. People like to be able to differentiate themselves from the mob (usually) so anything to shoot for would be good. And getting the achievement/perks for random battles would encourage more game play - as long as they monitored for bots. 

Anyhow - I once got the [SPACEBAR] added to the keys available to substitute for the mouse buttons.... maybe they'll think about this idea and come up with something for folks? Would be nice... 

Now go out there, find a favorite ship and start rolling towards the 1000 mark... you with over 3K, you post when you hit 4K and especially when you reach the five thousand game mark - it'll be phenomenal. 

• Cool 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
111 posts
11,685 battles

I got mine in the Pearls event as well but found that she and I really clicked...I stuck with her... Since I played over a year as a free account she was and is my money maker. I had a 261k damage match not long ago in Kami and it's posted in this IJN thread not far below this one. 

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

Congratz sir, well done!  Ive got around 200 or so in my Kami... such a fun boat.  It is probably the best premium ship purchase Ive made thus far...  well worth it.

I think some sort of recognition for achieving a certain number of battles in a ship would be neat.  Maybe a special flag or something.

B

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
35 minutes ago, Gyphon_GF said:

I got mine in the Pearls event as well but found that she and I really clicked...I stuck with her... Since I played over a year as a free account she was and is my money maker. I had a 261k damage match not long ago in Kami and it's posted in this IJN thread not far below this one. 

Wow... 261K... like the whole team just sat back an watched? I'll have to go see the thread. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,667 battles

Gryphon that’s awesome.  Congratulations!

Minekaze (pre-nerf) 613

Fujin 360

Kamikaze R (Fire & Water) 111

Total 1,084 with 636 wins

That ignores the 441 battles in Isokaze with a slightly higher win rate. 

Why would I play the same ship so much?  Because it’s fun to sink 2 or 3 ships before ever being spotted. Because I recently got 9 kills in the Fujin. And Fujin/Kamikaze R are perfect for rolling in Elite Commander XP using my Yugumo captain (Yamamoto now).

I’ve played 9 of my ships in 300 battles or more. All DDs, Tiers 5-8.

Edited by Landing_Skipper
Pre-nerf Minekaze
  • Cool 3

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
111 posts
11,685 battles

Thanks... yeah I took out Kami for one match this morning and got a krak. I'm at 102 now. I've been trying to learn the Kidd as of late..just doesn't have the same warm and cozy feel I have with Kami..lol

*Salute*

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I too have the Murmansk... used to play her a lot... but as i recall... something changed about her or the other ships got better. She fell out of my favor. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I too have the Murmansk... used to play her a lot... but as i recall... something changed about her or the other ships got better. She fell out of my favor. 

Yea know What you mean, the Cruiser nerf took a lot out of her with not only loosing AFT but with a Captain reset and having to choose between faster turrets or lesser shell spread but not both,also in today’s MM I play her a lot less than I used to

on a brighter note got my Kamakazi R in the pearl competition 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I think that Pearl mission was the best competition/mission they've ever had. It was intense, required a lot of effort but was doable. I really enjoyed it. 

• Cool 1

Members
842 posts

That's nice. I think I have maybe 400 games in my favorite ship right now.

Sadly, my stats are pretty mediocre. I think mostly because I play late-night weekdays a lot, and on the NA server from 10pm-2am Pacific time, that's pretty much when only really good players are up.

But I'll take being mediocre of a really good population. :-)