You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alanbay

fiji vs missouri

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
490 posts
15,508 battles

are you guys  kidding. the Fiji in the  same  random battle as the  Missouri. what the [edited] guys. hehe , that is a really  bad matchup. the  Missouri can sink the Fiji just by looking  in its direction. hehe . the  pore guys  playing the  Fiji just stop playing  he was so frustrated . I think it would be nice  if  you could  look into this. thanks.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Fiji can punish a Missouri though, he has range and smoke in his favor. If he is getting deleted, he did something wrong or it was already a loss

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,711 posts
9,406 battles
8 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

he has range and smoke in his favor

Edit

Torps and Brain to use it, too ...........

troll purpose only!

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
11 minutes ago, TabbyHopkins said:

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell anymore.

Alan is special. You know what I mean. Not really his fault, but he still chooses to make threads. I used to get on him about it, but gave up since it's fruitless. He just wont understand no matter what you say.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
25 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Alan is special. You know what I mean. Not really his fault, but he still chooses to make threads.

I truly believe this is the case.  Simple Jack.

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

He's right if he's not being sarcastic. The Fiji's armor can't stand up to the accurate guns of the Missouri, and if the Fiji wants to be dealing damage effectively, he'll need to be in radar range.

The Fiji's only shot is to get some island cover and ambush the Missouri with torps after whittling him away and baiting out his radar.

[SPTR]
Members
3,458 posts
5,666 battles

First of all, you can most certainly fight against Missouri successfully

7 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

he'll need to be in radar range.

That's just suicidal and untrue. At a range of 13km Fiji's AP penetration at 40 degrees of angling is enough to penetrate Missouri's unarmored hull, bow, stern, and superstructure. Fiji's dealings aginst all battleships are the same: stay at a decent distance, pounce on unprepared and un-angled opponents and rain down a ton of dpm. It does not take a Missouri to punish a Fiji in particular, I dare you to sail your Fiji broadside against a Julio Cesare at 9km. Missouri's only gimmick is her radar and to specifically accommodate this one gimmick is...a little...illogical to me.

Second, if you don't want to pick a fight against a Missouri, then don't! Most of the time you have a choice, just silence your guns and bugger off!

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles
4 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

First of all, you can most certainly fight against Missouri successfully

That's just suicidal and untrue. At a range of 13km Fiji's AP penetration at 40 degrees of angling is enough to penetrate Missouri's unarmored hull, bow, stern, and superstructure. Fiji's dealings aginst all battleships are the same: stay at a decent distance, pounce on unprepared and un-angled opponents and rain down a ton of dpm. It does not take a Missouri to punish a Fiji in particular, I dare you to sail your Fiji broadside against a Julio Cesare at 9km. Missouri's only gimmick is her radar and to specifically accommodate this one gimmick is...a little...illogical to me.

Second, if you don't want to pick a fight against a Missouri, then don't! Most of the time you have a choice, just silence your guns and bugger off!

The Fiji will just saturate the superstructure in a matter of minutes. From there, the bow-on Missouri can just bounce/tank stuff. It also has the 

Notes on my assumptions:

• The two are alone
  • The two are trying to kill each other
  • Each have competent commander

[SPTR]
Members
3,458 posts
5,666 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

The Fiji will just saturate the superstructure in a matter of minutes. From there, the bow-on Missouri can just bounce/tank stuff.

Aim for bow stern and upper hull instead, and if Missouri goes bow on, shoot something else! Even 17-inch battleship rounds can hardly do crap in that situation, I don't think it takes a unicum to figure that out.

4 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Notes on my assumptions:

• The two are alone

Then a tier IX ships win against a tier VII in a one v one, what's wrong with that?

As if the Fiji should win a one v one against an Izumo, or a Frederich der Großer, or a Lion, or a Dimitri Donskoi, or a Neptune, or a Baltimore, or a Roon, or an Ibuki...

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:

Aim for bow stern and upper hull instead, and if Missouri goes bow on, shoot something else! Even 17-inch battleship rounds can hardly do crap in that situation, I don't think it takes a unicum to figure that out.

Then a tier IX ships win against a tier VII in a one v one, what's wrong with that?

As if the Fiji should win a one v one against an Izumo, or a Frederich der Großer, or a Lion, or a Dimitri Donskoi, or a Neptune, or a Baltimore, or a Roon, or an Ibuki...

Bounce!

This was the OP's premise...

[SPTR]
Members
3,458 posts
5,666 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Bounce!

Unless this is at an extreme angle, and extreme range, you are likely to penetrate. This isn't German AP lol

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:

Unless this is at an extreme angle, and extreme range, you are likely to penetrate. This isn't German AP lol

I'm talking about when the MO goes bow in.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
11 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

The Fiji will just saturate the superstructure in a matter of minutes. From there, the bow-on Missouri can just bounce/tank stuff. It also has the 

Notes on my assumptions:

• The two are alone

HE and torps are the only ammo that will not do damage to saturated areas. AP so long as it pens will always do damage

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles
1 hour ago, Batwingsix said:

HE and torps are the only ammo that will not do damage to saturated areas. AP so long as it pens will always do damage

Source? I seem to remember a video in which a Minotaur completely saturated a GK Yamato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-qSnX81o7A

Edited by pewpewpew42