You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

HMS LION captain skill question

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles

I have a dilemma regarding my next captain skill. This question goes out to those more experienced RN BB players. Below is my current captain skills.

I'm about to complete my next point giving me three available captain skill points. So the question:   Do I use it for BOS which can help with 15% less time to extinguish fires (and flooding etc) OR 
Do I earn another point and get the Fire Prevention Skill, -10% to the risk of being set on fire and max of three fires?  
Fire is a big issue in high tier BBs. I rarely get more than three fires going on at the same time so it comes down to putting out the fires quicker or less risk of catching fire. 

captain.PNG

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles
5 minutes ago, centarina said:

i run FP on my higher tier BBs now.   

Do you also run BOS?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,694 posts
10,037 battles

I preferred fire prevention.

The amount of fire damage you take is not a huge issue with the mega-heal. The intensity of the damage though does matter.

With FP you're far less likely to take 2 fires at once, (as once you're in fire in 1 place your target area to start another becomes very small) and can only max out at 3 though that's a bad-case.

No BOS for the reasons above, I chose Vigilance instead as a few seconds of repairable fire damage isn't as bad as a not-very-repairable torpedo hit or two.

Edited by mofton

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles
5 minutes ago, centarina said:

i run FP on my higher tier BBs now.   

The extreme length of high tier BB's makes it easier to set 4 fires.  Fire Prevention drops that to 3, it's super useful in that regard alone.