You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KOR_Yall

If your gonna do it, let us do it too.

29 comments in this topic

[FORCN]
Members
27 posts
1,377 battles

Wargaming if your gonna match us up with randoms with 2 tier difference, why not let us create divisions with more than 2 tier difference ? Whats the point of matching us up with Iowa class when we go with T7 ships not to mention the poor people with T5 ships. Why do you not let us do what you guys are doing and forcing us into impossible fights where u get one shoted by the some of the biggest guns in this game ? Fix it

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles

People whined and complained about fail divisions of T6s dragged into T10 games because they divisioned up with a T8.

Hasn't stoped the complaining it has just shifted from a T6 into T10 to a T7 into T10 and on down the tiers.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,831 battles

There is some quote that ends "... you can't please all the people all the time."

Very applicable to MM regardless...

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,708 posts
9,376 battles

you need to understand the game mechanic before whining

1st - Never do fail division - meaning: t7 division with t8, entering a game will place you into facing t8-t10 = BOOM in your face, immediate t7 as bottom tier . Once you understand this, the whine will stop

2nd - MM for 2 tiers difference ......... it like intense training to dramatically improve your skills ex . t8 as bottom tier, case study- hipper facing Yamato - Hipper was able to land 2 full torp salvo from each side and sunk Yamato, while helping to burn other t9 ships = XP earn and credit (ka-ching) - even though hipper eventually would die under fire, but oh boy, everything else is a bonus

• Cool 1

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,650 posts
7,540 battles

Why does this bother you? Do you want to end up 4 tiers down? 

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,053 battles

Fail-divisioning is not the same as match-making working as intended. It's okay for a division of three tier sevens to face tier nines. But it's not okay for a division of one tier seven and two lower tiers to face tier nines.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,407 posts
3,407 battles

I still remember the days when MM allowed:

• +/-4 Matchmaking (was actually +/-5 for a short time, IIRC)
  • Unbalanced team numbers
  • CVs on one side and none on the other

In addition, I remember when Divisions were unrestrained; you could match a T1 w/ a T10 for speed leveling of a teammate or alt account.

It was a dark day for the opposing team...

C2cEFbf.jpg

Yes we won. The Essex practically nuked the Yamato early on and then just worked backwards from there, also permaspotting the enemy DDs and their torps once most of the other threats were dealt with. I and the other Yamato just ate the Nagato and Fuso and their surviving cruisers (Essex nuked Kongo and Senjo after Yamato, and a few cruisers following).

Edited by YamatoA150

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
49 minutes ago, KOR_Yall said:

Wargaming if your gonna match us up with randoms with 2 tier difference, why not let us create divisions with more than 2 tier difference ? Whats the point of matching us up with Iowa class when we go with T7 ships not to mention the poor people with T5 ships. Why do you not let us do what you guys are doing and forcing us into impossible fights where u get one shoted by the some of the biggest guns in this game ? Fix it

Obviously someone doesn't know how this works

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
14 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I still remember the days when MM allowed:

• +/-3 Matchmaking
  • Unbalanced team numbers
  • CVs on one side and none on the other

In addition, I remember when Divisions were unrestrained; you could match a T1 w/ a T10 for speed leveling of a teammate or alt account.

It was a dark day for the opposing team...

C2cEFbf.jpg

Yes we won. The Essex practically nuked the Yamato early on and then just worked backwards from there, also permaspotting the enemy DDs and their torps once most of the other threats were dealt with. I and the other Yamato just ate the Nagato and Fuso and their surviving cruisers (Essex nuked Kongo and Senjo after Yamato, and a few cruisers following).

While the Yamato, Nagato and Kongo did sortie together in one of the largest battles of the Pacific, there's just no way this pairing is going to work in a mutiplayer versus scenario.  I do wish we had operations that would do a better job at reflecting WWII, which didn't involve "tiers".

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
33 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Fail-divisioning is not the same as match-making working as intended. It's okay for a division of three tier sevens to face tier nines. But it's not okay for a division of one tier seven and two lower tiers to face tier nines.

Mm accounts for highest tier. If you want to division one lower than another person you know full well you are risking a higher tier match. No special treatment

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
1 hour ago, KOR_Yall said:

Because then people are gonna be bringing Umikazes into tier X matches, and needlessly handicap their team by a significant amount. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,320 battles
2 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Because then people are gonna be bringing Umikazes into tier X matches, and needlessly handicap their team by a significant amount. 

Umikaze was one of the few ships that could up tier like that and contribute.

That was before radar and hydro though. Now it would last one salvo.

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
Just now, Camo68 said:

Umikaze was one of the few ships that could up tier like that and contribute.

That was before radar and hydro though. Now it would last one salvo.

I rest my case

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,711 battles
  • A Tier V gets +2/-1 match making.  It can see Tier IV to Tier VII ships.
  • A Tier VII gets +2/-2 match making.  It can see Tier V to Tier IX ships.
  • When you division two ships, match maker only considers the highest tier ship's tier.
  • If you division a Tier V and a Tier VII, the division will only see Tier VII match making.

That leaves three possible scenarios:

1. The division will be placed into a Tier VII match and face Tiers V to VII.
  2. The division will be placed into a Tier VIII match and face Tiers VI to VIII .
  3. The division will be placed into a Tier IX match and face Tiers VII to IX.

Why exactly would you want to guarantee the Tier V would only see +4/+0 match making instead of its normal +2/-1?  All you would be doing is guaranteeing the Tier V would never be top or middle tier, always bottom and, worse, bottom by up to four tiers rather than just two.

Most people who suggest this are usually thinking that doing so would do the opposite, that is, cause the Tier VII to get only lower tier match making.  It does not work that way, specifically because it would be a way to game the system.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
1 hour ago, KOR_Yall said:

Levy5W6.jpg

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
58 minutes ago, Sventex said:

While the Yamato, Nagato and Kongo did sortie together in one of the largest battles of the Pacific, there's just no way this pairing is going to work in a mutiplayer versus scenario.  I do wish we had operations that would do a better job at reflecting WWII, which didn't involve "tiers".

World of Kirishima vs Washington.

Or:

World of Iowa vs Katori.

At least in the latter case it was so flimsy it didn't arm the shells.  On the down side, kinetic damage from a 16" SHS is still enough to smash something that flimsy.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,671 battles

Anyone know how I could frame a thread to hang as a decoration in my living room?

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,210 battles

I imagine WG does this on purpose to keep high tier matches more populated. I know I would start looking for div mates so I could always be a T7 in a 5/6/7 match and a T8 in a 6/7/8. I dont like T10 maps and meta, but enjoy T7/8 ships, I would absolutely love to never play in a T10 match again and I'm sure I'm not alone.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,109 posts
8,738 battles

It was fun to have someone that was really good with DD's to "fail" division a Umikaze with something else and torment the high tier BB's.