Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Who can see skins?

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

[I asked this in General, but no replies yet.]

I download a skin pack and apply a (non-stock) skin,  E.g. Igor on St. Louis.

I can see the skin.  Can anyone else? 

Cripes!  I just flashed on a My Little Pony skin pack.  I think I need to go lie down.

Edited by iDuckman

[HINON]
Supertester
18,927 posts
12,454 battles

Only you can see them. It's a bit unrealistic to expect a several (dozen?) megabyte texture file to be uploaded to 23 other players every match you play, and that multiplied by everyone who is wearing a custom skin. The bandwidth drain flooding and delays would be catastrophic.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,306 battles

If you downloaded non-WG packages, then only you see them, as they are in your client installation.

If they are packages, skins, from WG (e.g. Halloween steampunk skins), then everyone sees them as they are in the files, as long as they have not filtered them out in the carousel (e.g. ARP, Halloween, etc. filters).

Members
1,078 posts
28 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Only people who have downloaded and installed the identical mods would see them.

They would only see whatever they have downloaded, it makes no difference if two people have downloaded the same files. What other people see is directly related to what mods they have, not the both of you.

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

If you downloaded non-WG packages, then only you see them, as they are in your client installation.

If they are packages, skins, from WG (e.g. Halloween steampunk skins), then everyone sees them as they are in the files, as long as they have not filtered them out in the carousel (e.g. ARP, Halloween, etc. filters).

This^  Igor, Arp, Dragon, Stars-and-Stripes, October Revolution, and any other WG skins that are in the game files will be seen unless the player has set the filter to block it.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Sign in to follow this