You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gcangel82

Naked Tirpitz?????

75 comments in this topic

gcangel82    98

Okay, I know it is up to the user, and Camo's cost money.  But in the case of the Tirpitz is comes with Camo, and over the last 3-4 days I have seen 4-5 Tirpitz sans Camo, so what gives? 

Or they just want to witness the beautiful Krupp Stahl in its own flavor uncovered. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

You know, I would sometimes run my Yamato naked because the IJN green camo is hideous.

• Cool 1

vonKaiser    627
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Somebody was using another camo and it ran out and they forgot to change it.

Probably this considering Tirpitz and...  Well I think all, of the premiums come with a camo already installed.  But if you've changed it to another, like the FTW camo or Gamescon camo, run out, you'll have to click to get the original premium camo on them.  I did it once or twice in my Belfast.  Even told myself "Change that for next round" but brainfart moment and still forgot :/

• Cool 1

SuperNikoPower    4,411

I've noticed this as well lately. A lot of ships without camo. I asked a couple people about it and they said they like the ships without camo. They like them looking "proper". 

• Cool 1

bewbs_    36

Maybe they had the Halloween skin/camo and you had viewing that deactivated? or was that the Bismarck?

• Cool 1

Just now, SuperNikoPower said:

I've noticed this as well lately. A lot of ships without camo. I asked a couple people about it and they said they like the ships without camo. They like them looking "proper". 

We should have more plain camos like the milk-white for Hood. She looks absolutely gorgeous in that camo.

The IJN ships, in particular, could use some camos featuring the plain steel grey, I would love my IJN ships not looking like a heap of seaweed blobbing about in the ocean...

• Cool 2

devastator5000    222
29 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

"Proper" despite the fact ships in WW2 were frequently camouflaged, and most premiums have historical camos the ship actually wore. 

Jiggiwatt    135

I had someone chirping on me for having a naked Bismarck the other day, wondering why I would handicap the team by not having the marginal improvement in concealment when there were so many free Bismarck camos that have been given away. Apparently I'm the only one that never got one, I guess.

It's also the first time I've had someone call me a liability for how I had my ship fitted out.

Sventex    821
30 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

To be perfectly honest with you Niko, I don't like how nearly all the camo schemes makes the ships look utterly ridiculous.  The bonuses are fantastic, but I'd rather use a "The Emperor's New Camouflage" that provides the bonuses while leaving the original appearance intact.  Metal is intimidating, bright orange-red is not.

• Cool 2

36 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Probably this considering Tirpitz and...  Well I think all, of the premiums come with a camo already installed.  But if you've changed it to another, like the FTW camo or Gamescon camo, run out, you'll have to click to get the original premium camo on them.  I did it once or twice in my Belfast.  Even told myself "Change that for next round" but brainfart moment and still forgot :/

We older folks have brainfarts often.....

zFireWyvern    416
30 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

We should have more plain camos like the milk-white for Hood. She looks absolutely gorgeous in that camo.

Agreed

JLdSO2L.jpg

Prettiest ship in the game for sure (in my opinion anyway).

• Cool 1

aethervox    410

If some player(s) wants to run their ship with no camo, well, so what.

kerensky914    1,008

I sometimes choose to run BBs with only the dispersion camo so I can draw fire and keep the reds from shooting my teammates.  Not always a great choice, but it can work sometimes. ;)

Panzerlin    77
46 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Maybe a camo in the future that is invisible, just adds your basic buffs, is in order? 

The camo is so effective you don't even see that its there

TheDreadnought    691
20 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

Agreed

JLdSO2L.jpg

Prettiest ship in the game for sure (in my opinion anyway).

Never understood why people find her so beautiful.  She's ok, but there are plenty of better looking ships out there.

zFireWyvern    416
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Never understood why people find her so beautiful.  She's ok, but there are plenty of better looking ships out there.

I've never understood what people see in US Battleships from the North Carolina onwards but there you go.

Kitsunelegend    2,536
1 hour ago, SuperNikoPower said:

What ever floats their boat I guess ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Cool 1

Chobittsu    1,817

Perhaps an option to convert all camos visually to unpainted so all the people with an aversion to anything with more colour than an 1860s photograph will be happy and stop crying about "weeb camos"

TTK_Aegis    1,129
1 hour ago, The_first_harbinger said:

The IJN ships, in particular, could use some camos featuring the plain steel grey, I would love my IJN ships not looking like a heap of seaweed blobbing about in the ocean...

Personally I'd like some historically accurate dazzle options in premium camo. Premium camo would sell a lot more, I think, if it came in more optional looks. 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, SuperNikoPower said:

He @SuperNikoPower i have an idea! Invisible camo! Same camo benefits and people get their 'proper' ships!

• Cool 1