You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ossiuum

Carriers sync dropping and not shooting each others planes

13 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
4 posts
6,053 battles

Played a game last night and both Hakuryus had great scores from striking, but realized during the game they were not contesting each others drops and were in the same clan. I got dropped in my Kii and the friendly fighters nearby did not help with lots of pinging, and thats when I looked at the scoreboard. Was not fun to play against. I called them out in chat and they said its the only way to play high tier carrier.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

Ah, bud? People don't tend to sync drop to be on opposite teams. I mean, they can, but it isn't general practice. Also, they only have so many fighters, it isn't possible for them to be everywhere at once. Just because you didn't get them right when you wanted them doesn't mean they weren't doing their job. More, you were in the effing Kii, which has AA enough for everyone in the round, and yet you're complaining about no fighter help.

Seriously? I mean, I just can't even with the entitlement being shown here.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
1 minute ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Ah, bud? People don't tend to sync drop to be on opposite teams. I mean, they can, but it isn't general practice. Also, they only have so many fighters, it isn't possible for them to be everywhere at once. Just because you didn't get them right when you wanted them doesn't mean they weren't doing their job. More, you were in the effing Kii, which has AA enough for everyone in the round, and yet you're complaining about no fighter help.

In carriers it would make sense to sync drop hoping for opposite teams for precisely this reason.  Also, considering the OP said they admitted it when called out, your attitude (as usual) it completely unnecessary. 

• Cool 4

[-VT-]
Members
378 posts
22,665 battles

I ran into a similar situation yesterday.

Two Taiho.  One a side.  From the same clan.  One of them never even launched planes.

[5D]
Members
1,175 posts
7,086 battles

Of course this happens, it happens with other types of ships too.

But a lot of what you're seeing is actually a dance. When two good CV players go at it, they're both constantly pushing and pulling against a kind of no mans land. It's a dance where the first player to go too far over, they get caught in a disadvantage (AA) and lose out.

The result tends to be that both CV players post their fighters up centrally and wait for the other to get desperate and attack the bulk of their fleet. That way they're spotting ships and incoming torpedoes, while also not losing the dance. Then both players focus on striking the flanks. The dance continues, but by now the flanking strikes are too far from the centrally located fighters, so they're largely uncontested.

It gets rather complicated, but the result from sea level is that neither CV actively uses their fighters. That's not what is happening, but it looks that way.

Edited by Spartias

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

CV that focus on landing strikes often use their fighters to defend their strike planes rather than the team, while they may offer no protection at least both CVs were helping the team by landing good strikes. As a rule top clans try not to que sync because someone often has to lose in these situations and losing is not fun.

• Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,455 battles

I had а similar experience. Both CVs sent all their planes to the edge of the map and both farmed "clear sky" in matter of minutes. It was the first day of the CV mission of the Yamamoto campaign. Not surprised.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,045 posts
9,258 battles

Enable replays, submit a ticket with replay to support next time you see it happen and done. No need to complain on forums about it.

[SIM]
Members
2,416 posts
4,055 battles

Were they both sinking enemy ships? If so, then why are you complaining? 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,515 posts
24,536 battles
19 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Were they both sinking enemy ships? If so, then why are you complaining? 

First, both CV players were from the same clan. Chances of an “arrangement” go up significantly. 

Second, I have a problem with any sort of arrangement between players on opposite sides. CV or any other class. Farming Clear Skies for a mission opposes doing your best for your team. 

In STW, clan mates on the opposite side had the same or higher targeting priority. That’s the way it should be. 

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

The entitlement you display proudly in your post?

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
8,999 battles

I've seen these inter-clan agreements happen plenty of times in game, thought not so far with high level CVs.  

in my experience, no one seems to really care when it happens outside of the people in that particular round.  You report it, you talk about it, and people generally respond with "meh" so i have my own way of dealing with it now: 

If its tolerable, i just chat ignore all the people involved and report for poor play.  If its done at an intolerable level in a given round, i also report for poor play and then bail back to port and start a new game.  

Right or wrong, its the way I handle it because outside of the game it never seems to get handled to any satisfaction.  

Edited by AnimaL21