USSRichardNixon

WG is desperate to sell Indianapolis.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

89 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Nonsense. Indy's maneuverability is worse then Pepsi, but it's not terrible by any means. We aren't talking about Russian-bad or Japanese-bad maneuverability. It is worse than Fiji and Pepsi, but it is a good bit better than Shchors or Myoko.

Yeah but with Shchors and Myoko they either eat more overpens or bounce shots. Indianapolis can't do either. A shell hits you anywhere not the bow, you're likely eating a 30% penetrating hit if not a citadel. New Orleans has the same problem, but not to the extent Indianapolis has.

Well, to be fair, "upper management" does seem to lose the Indy now and then.

8 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I had the same thought. :Smile_trollface:

What's wrong with us? :cap_haloween:

18 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

It doesn't make it suck. The ship never sucked.  It is just weak for its tier. Downtiering Pensacola, which is its line equivalent, does make that very obvious though. They can't downtier Indy since it is a premium, so I am thinking it will have to be buffed to be equivalent to the incoming New Orleans. They did buff Indy a little while back but it really wasn't nearly enough. 

I will reiterate:  I highly doubt either the Pensacola, New Orleans, or Baltimore will be dropped a tier without changes.

32 minutes ago, Sotaudi said:

What's wrong with us? :cap_haloween:

I prefer to think of it as "What's wrong with the rest of them?" :Smile_trollface:

Curiously, Indianapolis is trash on the NA server, with a 49% win rate and 26K average damage. On the Russian server it is pure gold, third in T7 cruisers in win rate at 55%, and averages 36K damage.

WG's quants must be tearing their hair out when they see data like that. 

14 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I prefer to think of it as "What's wrong with the rest of them?" :Smile_trollface:

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*  Know what I mean ?  Know what I mean?

4 minutes ago, Sotaudi said:

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*  Know what I mean ?  Know what I mean?

Oh I do, I do indeed. :cap_haloween:

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, StingRayOne said:

The ship is made of glass, can't hit at anything over 10k, turns like a Carrier and has the speed of the Exxon Valdez, but she looks good.

From Enter the Dragon:

Han (Shih Kien): "We are all ready to win, as we are born knowing only life.  It is defeat you must prepare for."

Williams (Jim Kelly): "I don't waste my time with it.  When it comes, I won't even notice; I'll be too busy looking good."

14 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Curiously, Indianapolis is trash on the NA server, with a 49% win rate and 26K average damage. On the Russian server it is pure gold, third in T7 cruisers in win rate at 55%, and averages 36K damage.

WG's quants must be tearing their hair out when they see data like that. 

Is the survival rate lower as well? I heard Russians like brawling more often. Maybe they're being more aggressive at the start of the game and doing more close up AP damage to cruisers and then end up deleted when the BB's start shooting.

I might try that, i don't care about my survival rate heh.

33 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Is the survival rate lower as well? I heard Russians like brawling more often. Maybe they're being more aggressive at the start of the game and doing more close up AP damage to cruisers and then end up deleted when the BB's start shooting.

I might try that, i don't care about my survival rate heh.

The Rooskies play the game like I wish we would. Oh, I so wish it. Wish, wish, wish, wish. I wish I had a genie to grant the previous wish.

14 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

The Rooskies play the game like I wish we would. Oh, I so wish it. Wish, wish, wish, wish. I wish I had a genie to grant the previous wish.

No kidding. Every once in a while NA suddenly drops its gonads and has a nail biting close quarters free for all. But those are rare.

If there was a tech tree discount I'd buy it to have some fun. Sitting on a pile of dubloons not cash atm. Hasn't been many tech tree discounts in laat few months that I've seen.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:33 AM, HorrorRoach said:

yeah, i regret using my halloween doubloons on it...molotov too.

What?  The Molotov is awesome sauce.  I can delete most cruisers, pen T5 BB's with consistency.  You just don't tank with it and you'll be fine.  

7 minutes ago, RogueKraken said:

If there was a tech tree discount I'd buy it to have some fun. Sitting on a pile of dubloons not cash atm. Hasn't been many tech tree discounts in laat few months that I've seen.

i noticed the cesare is gone from the premium shop, i have a feeling they're going to move it to the tech tree for doubloons. Lol, i got like 50,000 doubloons from wasting 125$ on Halloween crates. the only premium ship i had before that was the okt rev. so i ended up getting the scharn, indianapolis, molotov, kaga, saipan, atago, hood etc...

damnit,  now i can't get the cesare... i was planning on hanging onto 10,000 doubloons but i ended up getting the saipan.

11 minutes ago, RogueKraken said:

And there wont be for a very very long time. With glut of doubloons everyone made from the pumkin crates WG would be crazy to offer ships for doubloons, it would be like giving them away for free right now.

2 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

What?  The Molotov is awesome sauce.  I can delete most cruisers, pen T5 BB's with consistency.  You just don't tank with it and you'll be fine.  

well, i had a pretty good game in it last night but we lost because i was literally combat ineffective at the end. i had half of my health still. me and 2 DD's vs a new mex/kidd/CV/guilio cesare. i couldn't even risk shooting, DD's had no smoke too. shame... 

might've been different if i wasn't being plane spotted. but those cesare/new mexico guns were itching to delete me. i could've taken either one, 1vs1...but the were on opposite sides of the map, so i would've gotten citadeled by either of them if i opened fire. maybe i should upload the replay and get people opinions on what i should've done in that situation.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:10 PM, Sotaudi said:

I will reiterate:  I highly doubt either the Pensacola, New Orleans, or Baltimore will be dropped a tier without changes.

I have no doubt they will be, but I suspect NO's new stats will still look better than Indy's are now. Indy is basically equivalent to Pensacola and they decided that Pensacola is weak enough that it should be down-tiered. That suggests that when NO gets down-tiered to T7, its stats will be better than Pensacola/Indy are now. Otherwise there is no reason to move Pensacola in the first place. 

On 15/11/2017 at 4:02 PM, vonKaiser said:

Pensacola with Radar really.  Same fragility but with the concealment boosts both ships received it helped a bit. 

Nah, unlike pepsi part of her cit roof is over matchable. Thank means overmatches through the deck can cit her.

On 16/11/2017 at 2:10 AM, Sotaudi said:

And i will re-iterate what i've said elsewhere in relation to NO and Balt.

The current pepsi and NO are two of the 5 worst performing cruiser in the entire game and the current NO is very similar stat wise to Pepsi, (better armour, slightly worse rudder shift, slightly better range and slightly better RoF), They can't nerf either of them very much without making them every bit as bad as the ships they're replacing, and the whole point of the downtier is to fix these underperformance issues, so i doubt we'll see many changes to them. NO may go completely unchanged, (that would be ideal IMO).

You know none of the US "Washington Treaty" heavy cruisers were what they should have been. They had a 10,000 ton limit. Japan cheated on the treaty limits and built the Myoko class before the war. The Baltimore class was what we built after the war got going and there were no treaty limits.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:41 AM, USSRichardNixon said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/portlandia-class-cruiser/

After US cruiser split, Indianapolis is essentially trash. 

Why do people hate this ship to much? I really dont understand. Good concealment, fair ROF and powerful radar on a ship thats essentially another Pensacola. What more do people want?

On 16.11.2017 at 3:10 AM, Sotaudi said:

Im suprised people thought the ships will just be tierd down, without any changes.

Plus, OP you are blowing this our of proportions, this ship sale is no more "desperate" thany any other sale we have, im curious at how you come to this conclusion.

3 hours ago, Volga1987 said:

Im suprised people thought the ships will just be tierd down, without any changes.

Plus, OP you are blowing this our of proportions, this ship sale is no more "desperate" thany any other sale we have, im curious at how you come to this conclusion.

I'd agree Pepsi needs some and Balt could stand some, but again, Pepsi and NO are two of the 5 worst in he game, York and Hipper, and Algerie are also hovering around there or just above, There's a limit to how much they can change without resulting in the newly down tiered being just as bad as what they're replacing.