You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

WG is desperate to sell Indianapolis.

101 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,816 posts
6 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/portlandia-class-cruiser/

After US cruiser split, Indianapolis is essentially trash. 

It's trash now.  I was given one for free.  Glad I never spent money on it.  If they buffed its survivability somehow it could be a good ship.  But right now it's terrible.

• Cool 3

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles
11 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Before the cruiser split, it is essentially trash.  Know there is a minority of people that love this streaming pile, but for me my worst premium.  I really want to like it, but every time I take it out, reminded of why so bad.... was a x-mas crate ship and I hope they have some kind of offer at American Cruiser split time to sell back...

Edited by Panzer1113

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
780 posts
4,270 battles

it all depends on how you use it I have good games and bad games in it 

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

If shes anything like Pensacola is, then I would love to get my hands on one.

Pensacola with Radar really.  Same fragility but with the concealment boosts both ships received it helped a bit. 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,705 posts
3,468 battles

She's more fragile than the Pensacola with 1 less gun, radar, a slower rudder shift and a 14.3 sec reload time.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,886 posts
8,179 battles

The ship is made of glass, can't hit at anything over 10k, turns like a Carrier and has the speed of the Exxon Valdez, but she looks good.

• Bad 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,102 battles

All Indy needs is a ROF buff- 2 seconds or so would be nice, 14 something seconds is way too long.

Edited by hofmannsc
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
14 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

If shes anything like Pensacola is, then I would love to get my hands on one.

No not really. Pensacola had a large portion that has overpens. Indianapolis does not. She eats 30% dmg hits for breakfast lunch and dinner on top of an easy to hit citadel. Combined with a bad rudder shift, Indianapolis just eats way too much damage. Oh and a low health pool to boot.

Hawk is right. Unless her ability to survive or dodge hits is improved, she's flat garbage.

• Cool 2

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,759 posts
4,540 battles

I have to agree with alot of you, as I started to mainline US cruisers. 

The main issues I've run into:

-Radar is too short

-Rudder shift is bad

-Armor? Lol even a cruiser two tiers below you can ripp you up (even when you're angled!)

-Fragile guns

-Reload time is hilariously long

-AA is kinda meh for a US cruiser.

I'd honestly like to see a few buffs to most of those areas, an HP heal honestly would go a VERY long way and make the ship much more attractive IMHO.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,806 posts
18,775 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

You don't  know  what  you're  talking  about  she's  a  good  ship if  handed  right  ! ! ! !  

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
1 minute ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

You don't  know  what  you're  talking  about  she's  a  good  ship if  handed  right  ! ! ! !  

More like if RNGesus blesses you.

• Cool 1

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

It's equivalent to other T7 heavy cruisers. Some other premium CAs: Atago, Prinz Eugen, are likewise unimpressive. The heavy cruisers in the game hover around a 50% win rate, therefore I don't think Warships can do much with them as premiums. The ship type is by it's nature a support ship that is usually not decisive. For Indy, think Pensacola with radar.

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

One of my better ships: 44 games at 70% winrate.  Probably should take it out this evening to help get out of this recent low WR rut.

Beta Testers
1,468 posts
8,778 battles

It is one thing to criticize the ship's fragility and other characteristics, and I won't disagree it could use buffs, but "desperate to sell" them?  That seems a bit of a stretch.  With tongue firmly in cheek, I have to ask:

What?  Do they have so many in stock, they need to move them to get in the 1933 models?  Are they afraid they are going to go bad (given the criticisms, maybe they go "worse"?) in the warehouse, and they will have to scrap them?  Are they trying to move stock so they don't have pay inventory taxes on them when tax season rolls around?

Seriously, though, there is nothing "desperate" about honoring the anniversary of its commissioning with special deals.  It is the norm.

As to the cruiser split making it "trash," the split will not change anything.  It is not changing tier, so it will be in exactly the same position it has always been with all the other non-USN Tier VII cruisers.  The Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore will likely be rebalanced to fit their down-tiering, which likely means nothing much will change for the Indianapolis.  If there are no significant nerfs to those ships, then it is conceivable that the Indianapolis may actually get some buffs it needs because of the split.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,468 posts
8,778 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

I have to agree with alot of you, as I started to mainline US cruisers.

Man, and I thought mainlining drugs was bad.  Can you imagine what cruisers will due to your veins?  Dude, seek help!  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I would love to have because of her history, but money is a little tight right now. As far how she is in game, that I have no opinion on.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
9 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

It's equivalent to other T7 heavy cruisers. Some other premium CAs: Atago, Prinz Eugen, are likewise unimpressive. The heavy cruisers in the game hover around a 50% win rate, therefore I don't think Warships can do much with them as premiums. The ship type is by it's nature a support ship that is usually not decisive. For Indy, think Pensacola with radar.

Really? Atago is unimpressive? This is the same Atago with which a total tater can wrack up 80k damage with their eyes closed and the keyboard upside down, right?

Atago is one of the best cruisers, one of the best ships period, in the game. 

Also, you don't think cruisers are decisive? Seriously? Did the game radically change in the last week?

Learn the ships, strengths, weaknesses, how to play one off the other. Learn how each ship fits with the other ships it sees in its MM spread. Just because you can't make ships work doesn't mean the ships don't work. Learn, learn, learn, and learn. And then adapt and overcome.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
3 minutes ago, Sotaudi said:

Man, and I thought mainlining drugs was bad.  Can you imagine what cruisers will due to your veins?  Dude, seek help!  :Smile_hiding:

I had the same thought. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

One of my favorite ships to play far from garbage. Must think it’s a battleship it’s a cruiser it doesn’t take hits well like most cruisers.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
22 minutes ago, Sotaudi said:

It is one thing to criticize the ship's fragility and other characteristics, and I won't disagree it could use buffs, but "desperate to sell" them?  That seems a bit of a stretch.  With tongue firmly in cheek, I have to ask:

What?  Do they have so many in stock, they need to move them to get in the 1933 models?  Are they afraid they are going to go bad (given the criticisms, maybe they go "worse"?) in the warehouse, and they will have to scrap them?  Are they trying to move stock so they don't have pay inventory taxes on them when tax season rolls around?

Seriously, though, there is nothing "desperate" about honoring the anniversary of its commissioning with special deals.  It is the norm.

As to the cruiser split making it "trash," the split will not change anything.  It is not changing tier, so it will be in exactly the same position it has always been with all the other non-USN Tier VII cruisers.  The Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore will likely be rebalanced to fit their down-tiering, which likely means nothing much will change for the Indianapolis.  If there are no significant nerfs to those ships, then it is conceivable that the Indianapolis may actually get some buffs it needs because of the split.

If any thing New Orleans a sister class will be on the correct tier.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles

Indy herself isn't the problem. The problem is a ship with her design seeing the MM spread she does, more accurately, the specific ships in that spread. She just wasn't designed to fight them. That isn't the ship's fault, heck, many of those ships were never even built, so it shouldn't be surprising. She really has no business being at T7, as currently fitted out in game. WG justified putting Cleveland, of all ships, at T6, which is where Indy, without radar, belongs. That said, in the right circumstances, Indy can wreak holy H E Double Hockey sticks if given a chance