You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SkeletonDenial

American CV T4-T6, started fun, what a let down.

13 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
1,880 battles
  • I find the Langley fun.
  • Skipped the Bogue, Why face an alt player? Unfair advantage.
  • Independence. O wow. So boring.  Indy vs Indy with both set to 2-0-1. Yea. Lets both be scouts and have no effectual outcome over the game. Or go 1-1-1 and get spanked by a 2-0-1.  1-1-1 vs 1-1-1 seems most challenging, but rare. Facing IJN...  i find this fun no matter what the US loadout. Indy fun is < 1/2 the time, so, parking it in the tourist town and setting it up as a museum. Will see what happens in a year or two i guess. 

Yea we all know CVs are busted. Alt or don't alt, pick one. As for being a air scout.... not for me.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,333 posts
11,458 battles

Next patch they get balanced.

• Cool 1

[KENT]
Members
480 posts
3,037 battles

1-1-1 beats 2-0-1 if you know what you're doing.  Strafe him out and take advantage of your superior strike in order to win games.  Really, he can't do crapto you as long as you keep up with the strike game and strafe him out; most Inde 2-0-1 players don't know strafing.  

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
23 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Next patch they get balanced.

No, they don't get balanced, they get nerfed and dumbed down, .

• Cool 2

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

^^^^^^

Yet another way for IJN carriers to have all advantages like they already do. Just now you lose the ability to control the skies and shut them down. Maybe they can dumb down the other ship types too by only offering HE

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
2 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

^^^^^^

Yet another way for IJN carriers to have all advantages like they already do. Just now you lose the ability to control the skies and shut them down. Maybe they can dumb down the other ship types too by only offering HE

I suspect the same dumbing down will happen to the IJN in a later patch, until then..

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,802 posts
18,754 battles

I still won't play the CVs until they get it right , have not played in 18 months with CVs and will wait another 18 months no fun at all playing them in the state that they are in 

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Next patch they get balanced broken. 

Fixed that for you. 

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles
2 hours ago, SkeletonDenial said:

Lets both be scouts and have no effectual outcome over the game.

I may have just had an aneurysm.

I cannot tell you how much of an impact scouting has on a match. When I see a CV player wad their aircraft up and go on a 5 minute CV sniping adventure, my eye starts twitching. Spotting on the objectives, supporting the DDs and keeping enemy aircraft off the fleet is, IMHO, the most important role of a USN CV. IJN CVs can play a hybrid damage/spotting mode, but USN CVs are best when playing to support the team.

Check out how CVs are played in the Supremacy League. You might be surprised that the first move (almost always) is to launch bombers and immediately drop their ordinance in the water in order to speed up the bombers in their scouting role. Only after visibility for the team is established does the CV driver cycle their aircraft.

Try looking at the CV role from a team perspective and you'll find out that scouting is crucial.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,333 posts
11,458 battles
5 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

WG's words....

But I like your interpretation. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,333 posts
11,458 battles
4 hours ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Fixed that for you. 

Lol.....

WG said balanced....

If you look at it, 1-1-1 seems balanced, but 3 is still odd...

I believe all should be 2-2-2... balance them by plane details....

Sounds as almost stupid as 9 tier 7 fighters....

Members
92 posts
1,880 battles
6 hours ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

I may have just had an aneurysm.

I cannot tell you how much of an impact scouting has on a match. When I see a CV player wad their aircraft up and go on a 5 minute CV sniping adventure, my eye starts twitching. Spotting on the objectives, supporting the DDs and keeping enemy aircraft off the fleet is, IMHO, the most important role of a USN CV. IJN CVs can play a hybrid damage/spotting mode, but USN CVs are best when playing to support the team.

Check out how CVs are played in the Supremacy League. You might be surprised that the first move (almost always) is to launch bombers and immediately drop their ordinance in the water in order to speed up the bombers in their scouting role. Only after visibility for the team is established does the CV driver cycle their aircraft.

Try looking at the CV role from a team perspective and you'll find out that scouting is crucial.

I apologize for giving you an aneurysm. Didn't know about the sumpremacy league, sounds interesting il check it out.

Edited by SkeletonDenial

Members
92 posts
1,880 battles
On 11/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, Slntreaper said:

1-1-1 beats 2-0-1 if you know what you're doing.  Strafe him out and take advantage of your superior strike in order to win games.  Really, he can't do crapto you as long as you keep up with the strike game and strafe him out; most Inde 2-0-1 players don't know strafing.  

This turned out to be really good advice! Went from 44% to 47% already!  thx