You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

What is the One Ship.....

92 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,097 posts
8,970 battles

......you refuse to ever play again?

You know, the one you just seem to have no luck with?  Or the one you just can't figure out?  Or maybe you just hated it with such a passion that you'd rather play a guns-only match in a Mutsuki any day of the week?

What's your no-go ship?

[-K-]
Members
5,097 posts
8,970 battles
5 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Izumo.  I finally have the free XP to skip it and couldn't be happier to sell it and never see it in my port again.

2 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

Izumo

Is it wrong that I actually enjoyed Izumo?  Perhaps my expectations for her were so low, given her reputation, that my decently successful grind with her was easily tolerable.

Members
4,146 posts

I'll have to agree, the Izumo, its the one ship so far that once I'm done with it, I won't touch it again.  Even now I have to gear myself up to play it.  And lately, its been coop, so it'll take longer, but the pain wont' be as bad.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,225 posts
6,433 battles

Chester. Nothing could make me return to her. Ugly and slow Piece of crap

• Cool 1

Members
147 posts
2,993 battles

There are ships that I don't do well in, but are fun to play, there are even a few ships that aren't fun to play, but I can do well in them.

Then there are ships I don't do well in and are no fun either.  For me it is the Colorado, I just don't click with that ship, if I ever finish the grind to get out of that ship, it will be sold so fast never to grace my port again.  I should also give a honorable mention the Clemson, which for some reason seems to have been my worst DD experience (thankfully in the past now).

[SIM]
Members
2,451 posts
4,080 battles

CVs in general? I find them too nerve wracking to play in general, since a bad CV player can tank the game for their whole team. I’m sure that I’ll get back to them at some point, but egh. 

[RIPQP]
Members
3,710 posts
14,557 battles

Khabarovsk - boring

Bogatyr - stupidly OP. How can anyone seal club with this thing and not feel dirty?

• Cool 1

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.  It forced its way into my port, and I don’t have the heart to sell it, but I won’t be playing it.  It’s mostly the tier, not a fan.

Also Nassau.  The only reason I have her is because her Halloween camo dropped, the only one I got from the scenario.  It looks good, but damn.  No, just no.  I could deal with the speed, but her accuracy makes me want to puke.

Edited by Veksha

[-K-]
Members
5,097 posts
8,970 battles
27 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Chester. Nothing could make me return to her. Ugly and slow Piece of crap

Indeed.  She is horrible at her tier, and may rank right near the top (with Izumo and Nelson) as the least aesthetically-pleasing ships.

8 minutes ago, m373x said:

Bogatyr - stupidly OP. How can anyone seal club with this thing and not feel dirty?

Yeah, when AFT is equipped she can outrange virtually every other ship at her tier.  I think she has a 2-3km range buff over a fully upgraded St. Louis.

Because Russian "reasons".

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
146 posts
6,052 battles

For me it was the pre-buff Furutaka. It was the only ship I have FXP out of. 

Have not gone back to try it again after the buff. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

......you refuse to ever play again?

You know, the one you just seem to have no luck with?  Or the one you just can't figure out?  Or maybe you just hated it with such a passion that you'd rather play a guns-only match in a Mutsuki any day of the week?

What's your no-go ship?

Mutsu.  It's the only premium I've regretted buying.

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

Emden - sold it 2 times and still got it last year in a box - the ONLY ship I got from a box.  As well as the Mutsuki (previous to split) - have not played post split as the pre-split crap soured me on IJN DDs period.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Tie, both presently tier 8s with terrible MM.  Monarch, lemon of the RN line and New Orleans, thank god they are finally moving the NO down a tier.  Both painful , long grinds.

[-K-]
Members
5,097 posts
8,970 battles
Just now, Panzer1113 said:

Monarch, lemon of the RN line

Worse than KGV?  

I just finished up the KGV grind and was under the impression she was the low point in the branch.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Worse than KGV?  

I just finished up the KGV grind and was under the impression she was the low point in the branch.

Yes, much worst then the KGV, and tier 8 MM to boot... got so frustrated that I resorted to free exp'ing the final 90k to escape..

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

My 1 ship? Hmmm. T22. I hated that garbage scow.

Edited by IronWolfV