You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RussianBiasIsReel

Steam release/ Steam wallet

7 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
2,538 battles

**Disclaimer**: I don't really use the forum often, but I hope this is the right section.

So... This was a real bummer, I had high hopes for this steam release, like converting my pubg crates into ships to make loads of money but... This has to be one of the worst releases I have ever seen or heard of.

Like, seriously WeeGee? Just a big "NO"? Not even:"oh, we are working on solutions to integrate old users on steam" or "maybe one day" just a straight nope, not gonna happen, I'm trying to gib you ma money WeeGee, but you're not helping.

Edited by RussianBiasIsReel

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,758 battles

lol just wait for a year from now when the steam side gets big, wargaming decides to get rid of the overhead of running their own store (why waste overhead) because they're making way more money via volume. So people with old accounts are basically screwed, you'll be able to play but not buy ships or doubloons.

bet you this will happen eventually

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

lol just wait for a year from now when the steam side gets big, wargaming decides to get rid of the overhead of running their own store (why waste overhead) because they're making way more money via volume. So people with old accounts are basically screwed, you'll be able to play but not buy ships or doubloons.

The Premium Shop will never disappear, regardless of what transpires on the Steam side of things.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
44 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

The WoT shop has been up for years, not majority of the playerbase doesn't use steam so they wont get rid of it. Look at the other company and their tank / plane game. They run both but the better stuff is on their company store page

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles
1 hour ago, RussianBiasIsReel said:

**Disclaimer**: I don't really use the forum often, but I hope this is the right section.

So... This was a real bummer, I had high hopes for this steam release, like converting my pubg crates into ships to make loads of money but... This has to be one of the worst releases I have ever seen or heard of.

Like, seriously WeeGee? Just a big "NO"? Not even:"oh, we are working on solutions to integrate old users on steam" or "maybe one day" just a straight nope, not gonna happen, I'm trying to gib you ma money WeeGee, but you're not helping.

There is a video that was put up on ichasegaming youtube's channel yesterday about how you can log in on Steam with your existing account.

Members
3 posts
2,538 battles

There is a video that was put up on ichasegaming youtube's channel yesterday about how you can log in on Steam with your existing account.

just because you can "use" the game through steam, doesn't mean that you can purchase stuff with it, you might have the overlay and add the hours to your profile, but i dont think that works towards buying stuff with the steam wallet, its just a workaround not a true fix (as far as i know).

Edited by RussianBiasIsReel

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles
12 minutes ago, RussianBiasIsReel said:

just because you can "use" the game through steam, doesn't mean that you can purchase stuff with it, you might have the overlay and add the hours to your profile, but i dont think that works towards buying stuff with the steam wallet, its just a workaround not a true fix (as far as i know).

Yeah, I think you are right. You probably would still be buying straight from WG and not the Steam shop.