Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Big_Tidday_Goth_GF

Benson and Chineses

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,345 battles

It seems to me like the Benson and Lo Yang are sort of like muscle cars in how they handle.  You can get more out of them if you know what you're doing but all that torque means that you can swing too wide and hit torps you would dodge in a more clunky DD.

With the top tier (Jianwei, I think) Chinese being a Fletcher modified, I wonder if it will handle like Fletcher or different.  Will it in fact be more of an expert's bote?  That is the question.

• Cool 1

Members
58 posts
1,903 battles

If I understand it correctly, the tier X Pan-Asian DD is an Allen m. Sumner class, which is more like a shorter Gearing. If that's the case then I'd expect it to handle like the Gearing does. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,869 battles

A shorter Gearing might handle better than Gearing and more like Fletcher. Interested to see what this line looks like...

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

The Yue Yang is slightly more mobile. Here are the stats of the Yue Yang and the Gearing respectively, taken from the their wiki pages:

GuRSXCT.png MpqGy5a.png

But just a reminder that the Yue Yang's still in testing and its stats are subject to change.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yueyang

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gearing

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,036 posts
11,539 battles

The Allen M Sumner was built on what's essentially a Fletcher hull; the major difference was 6 inches of beam.  The Gearing added 14 ft of length to the original AMS design for increased fuel.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,754 posts
9,484 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

A shorter Gearing might handle better than Gearing and more like Fletcher. Interested to see what this line looks like...

Which is stupid because a Gearing should turn MUCH better than a Fletcher. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,345 battles

I think it's going to need all the handling it can get.  If the word is correct and it only has the deep torpedoes, other DDs will be rushing towards you without fear.

Sign in to follow this