You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Olympic Class Announcement/ WIP Page 

A quick teaser for you guys, before I start the first official sketches of the Olympic sisters. This has no relation to my Olympic project. This one was finished a few days before I announced that one. No idea what I'm talking about? 

A quick shout-out to @High_Admiral and @Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi for helping me with their designs and personality. I shall list out what I have come up with based off their words. Oh the draft works will be uploaded here. 

Titanic

Appearance 

Spoiler

lHF7RN3.jpg

*Very very early draft!*

"She would wear a standard White Star officer's black jacket(tailored for her obviously) over a knee length black dress with white or gold accents. She would be wearing at least mid-calf height white socks(or stockings, whatever they're called) and some sort of black dress shoes appropriate to the time. The reason I'm being conservative with Titanic is because she was touted as the "unsinkable ship", the "Queen of the Seas", and someone of that stature should have a air of elegance to them, also because of her enclose Promenade deck." 

- High Admiral 

Titanic is the most formal of the three sisters. 

Personality: Titanic is bratty, spoiled and some what arrogant. Titanic tends to be bold and proud, much like her older sister, Olympic. She is rather afraid of ice and refuses to go near it, she is known to burn any ice that get's close to her. Yet despite such a personality, she hates being left by herself, especially at night. She sleeps with several stuffed lifeboats. 

- Inspired by Repair_Ship_Akashi 

Olympic

Appearance: 

Olympic comes in to forms, pre-war and wartime. 

Her pre-war attire is much like Titanic's but she shows noticeably more skin, a reference to her more open promenade decks. Her dress is has a large gash in it which is stitched up but is still noticeable. A reference to her collision with HMS Hawke. Her attire during the first world war is styled after a British Officer, she wears a dazzle camouflage style cape, her walking stick is still in hand but she wears a officer's sword as well. She also has several 5inch guns strapped around her waist. In both versions she wears glasses. 

Personality: While in some way similar to her sister, Olympic is more refined and sophisticated. She is still a proud sister yet caring and looks after Titanic often. She often boasts about her achievements in sinking a submarine, and her long successful career.  

Britannic 

Appearance: 

Spoiler

wmUYlZn.jpg 

STILL A WIP. FIRST DRAFT AS OF 2017/11/17

Britannic looks the most bland out of the three, with a light blue, red and white nurse uniform. She wears a headscarf around her head and has a red cross arm band. Her large yellow davits form angel like wings. She carries a two bags, shaped like life boats. Her dress is the longest reaching almost to the ground. She wears a small red name plate with the numbers: "G-618"

Personality: 

Unlike her sisters. Britannic is never seen with out a sweet smile, and speaks in a soft innocent tone. She is not proud or arrogant like her sister's and wishes too look after anyone who comes under her care. She is very careful and can avoid bumping into people unlike her older sisters. 

Anyways that's the Semi-final proposal for the ships, drawing them now! If you have any ideas for their Personalty feel free to drop a comment. 

HMS Calliope 

Also have another ship for you guys, HMS Calliope, not the 1914 one~

sezQVAW.png 

She's part of my fish English AU write ups. Expect to read about The Atlantic Convoys, Narvik, and PQ-17

HMS Sandwich will be redrawn and uploaded after I finish the Olympics and Calliope. 

________

Edit list: 

Added Titanic ????/??/??

Added Britannic 2017/11/17

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker
  • Cool 4

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles

I like your British Fletcher there. One thing though, your aft 5" director is missing its radar, but it seems to have what looks like a radio antenna  on it? The 5" directors' radar was gunnery radar so to not have it on them is puzzling me. Also(sorry to critique so much, it really is a good ship), I don't see any air search radar. For any WW2 era ship, especially ones with DP guns like your DD, not having AS radar's a death sentence. Once again, I'm sorry for critiquing. 

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
4 minutes ago, High_Admiral said:

I like your British Fletcher there. One thing though, your aft 5" director is missing its radar, but it seems to have what looks like a radio antenna  on it? The 5" directors' radar was gunnery radar so to not have it on them is puzzling me. Also(sorry to critique so much, it really is a good ship), I don't see any air search radar. For any WW2 era ship, especially ones with DP guns like your DD, not having AS radar's a death sentence. Once again, I'm sorry for critiquing. 

No No, That's what I want kek. I Don't no much about American Radar systems so having someone who knows slightly more is a great help. Also your first draft of Titanic is up~ 

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

No No, That's what I want kek. I Don't no much about American Radar systems so having someone who knows slightly more is a great help. Also your first draft of Titanic is up~ 

Alright, so let me post one of my Shipbucket projects(still need to figure out why I'm not getting the activation email for my account there btw). Now I have different secondary directors but all of them have gunnery radar, and I also do have air search radar(although more modern radar, part of the backstory as to why there's modern tech on a BB commissioned 1941 and fought WW2 with this radar).  I suggest that you research USN gunnery and air search radars to figure out which ones would work well for your ship. 

Spoiler

5a0bd2e9bb302_USSTexas.thumb.png.e6f11e7a0a37257e119902a97972e552.png

• Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, High_Admiral said:

Alright, so let me post one of my Shipbucket projects(still need to figure out why I'm not getting the activation email for my account there btw). Now I have different secondary directors but all of them have gunnery radar, and I also do have air search radar(although more modern radar, part of the backstory as to why there's modern tech on a BB commissioned 1941 and fought WW2 with this radar).  I suggest that you research USN gunnery and air search radars to figure out which ones would work well for your ship. 

Reveal hidden contents

5a0bd2e9bb302_USSTexas.thumb.png.e6f11e7a0a37257e119902a97972e552.png

That's rather American isn't it? Look at all the guns! 

As for your email issue, perhaps you spelt your email wrong? Or it might have ended up in your spam folder... 

Also do you know any good resources/books on American Radar, weapons ect? My personal library (shelf) is filled mostly with Japanese and German Navy books. And a few civilian ship books. I don't feel like using Wikipedia...

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles

That's rather American isn't it? Look at all the guns! 

As for your email issue, perhaps you spelt your email wrong? Or it might have ended up in your spam folder... 

Also do you know any good resources/books on American Radar, weapons ect? My personal library (shelf) is filled mostly with Japanese and German Navy books. And a few civilian ship books. I don't feel like using Wikipedia...

My email is correct, just not getting the email. I checked all the folders, nothing. What I've been using for radars is the parts sheets from Shipbucket as well as NavWeaps. They have gun data as well as info on radars at least for BBs. 

Also, what do you think her dimensions are?

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Spoiler

c1dtXif.png

Well taking my largest Cruiser, Kunimi, I can see that you didn't draw this to scale. at least the ship bucket scale. Which means using her as a measuring tool isn't going to happen. 

Looking at how small the planes are. I can assume that this thing is idk 500m? or 1.5km? I can't even guess the beam or draft.... I really don't know and I don't want to do the math to figure it out kappa. 

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles
  Hide contents

c1dtXif.png

Well taking my largest Cruiser, Kunimi, I can see that you didn't draw this to scale. at least the ship bucket scale. Which means using her as a measuring tool isn't going to happen. 

Looking at how small the planes are. I can assume that this thing is idk 500m? or 1.5km? I can't even guess the beam or draft.... I really don't know and I don't want to do the math to figure it out kappa. 

Well I do need to redo her scaling(as I said, WIP) but 500m is close. She's around 1850 ft long with a 250 ft beam and 76 ft draft. This originally was a modification on someone's Iowa from ShipBucket, so I expected her to be out of scale. What is the scale again if you don't mind me asking?

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,223 posts
6,433 battles

Nice work there, I like it. Can't wait to see the finished one (possibly with an ice cream? Just kiddin')

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Nice work there, I like it. Can't wait to see the finished one (possibly with an ice cream? Just kiddin')

Kappa, Still have 2 more to draw and then I need to colour them all. 

Well I do need to redo her scaling(as I said, WIP) but 500m is close. She's around 1850 ft long with a 250 ft beam and 76 ft draft. This originally was a modification on someone's Iowa from ShipBucket, so I expected her to be out of scale. What is the scale again if you don't mind me asking?

Uhh I believe it is: 2 pixels = 1 foot but this is from the old forum. It shouldn't have changed though since all drawings seem to follow it currently. I'm 99% sure. :3

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,223 posts
6,433 battles
2 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Kappa, Still have 2 more to draw and then I need to colour them all. 

I can wait :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles

Uhh I believe it is: 2 pixels = 1 foot but this is from the old forum. It shouldn't have changed though since all drawings seem to follow it currently. I'm 99% sure. :3

Wow, that's at lest 3700 pixels long for a SB scale drawing of her. Alright, looks like I have my work cut out for me then.

• Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

Wow, that's at lest 3700 pixels long for a SB scale drawing of her. Alright, looks like I have my work cut out for me then.

jGCKuO4.jpg 

You got this comrade, I believe in you! 

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles
23 hours ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

You got this comrade, I believe in you! 

Spoiler

5a0d294648a1b_USSTexas.thumb.png.c324cc4dce81804c21525891ae886420.png

Started to redo her, took forever to get the bow shape above water to where I'm kinda satisfied. 

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

My god that thing is huge~ Good luck, if you want I can assist in the redrawing of her. ;3

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
862 posts
2,713 battles
4 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

My god that thing is huge~ Good luck, if you want I can assist in the redrawing of her. ;3

That would be most appreciated. I need to redraw Tex's rangefinders and AA weaponry though, they're... unique.