Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Fifty years from now...

17 comments in this topic

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Fifty years from now, wars will be fought with these things.

Their camo kinda sucks...also...most sporting events will be hilarious...also...my cat just freaked out...

• Cool 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,801 posts
18,743 battles

I'm be buried and forgotten hopefully there's a Heaven ? ? ? 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,466 battles
51 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Ask Skynet how well that worked out?

Build the baddest, most lethal and unstoppable killing machines the world has ever seen... Then have your enemy capture them, reprogram them, and sent them back at you.

Besides, all you would have to do is rig up a Pallywood style incident against an opponent using those as weapons platforms to get an instant PR victory.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
55 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

50 months at most... we already have drones active in most theatres, and on the home front. there is legislation proposed concerning AI combat robotics in many states, in some of which the research is being applied for testing.

(ed. note: this is NOT a comment intended to stir up a dialog about political systems, nor insult anything or anyone, including any AI that may be reading this thread. in fact, it relates to game play here in WoWs as every shot fired is adjusted and scored based on an AI program.)

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,705 battles

50 years from now, if man is still alive, his arms hanging at his side, some machine....

50 years from now no one will remember that this game was ever around.

50 years ago all of our words here will be forgotten, as if they were never said.

[CAPGO]
Members
513 posts
3,264 battles
44 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

50 years from now no one (including me) will give a f*ck about what I wrote here.

oh don't be so quick to judge yet, 5 minutes will be sufficient.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles

Yeah, and if that's the case then too many people haven't watched pick any of the number of things dealing with AI gone rogue.

As it stands I'm already wary of the drones we have that still require humans to operate, let alone an advanced AI or the like. Making things that learn, what happens if they learn they don't need us, or learn that we make them do all the things we don't. This has happened many times through history, the only difference was it was other people, not machines.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

50 years from now I will be 115 and still sippin wine and eating red meat lol And DARPA has the advancement tech to start the mech army this week

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

In fifty years, we'll have figured out fusion power and sent men to the stars and back again, several times.

I guarantee it.

Members
3,638 posts
13,487 battles

50 years from now, I'll be 111 and probably too senile to give a damn about technology. :cap_old:

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,028 battles

In 50 years time I'll be 90.

Detonations will still be fun and engaging.

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,584 battles

I notice that most of us here seem to be able to remember events like the Cuban Missile Crisis or when JFK was shot; that is, we are no spring pups. However, looking back over the years, I really see no technology today that didn't exist back then, at least in some form. I think that this is a direct result of the technology leaps that occurred around WWII.

Now, my great-grandmother, who was born in the 1800s, could say that she saw completely new technologies develop. When she was a kid an entire town might just have one phone, nobody in the country had electricity or running water, toilets were holes dug in the ground far enough from the house so you didn't smell them all the time, nobody had a car and what would become a garage was the barn that you kept your carriage and horses in, most long-distance transportation was done by coal-fired steam locomotive, and the first airplane had not yet flown.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this