You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Navajovin

Up grade your World of warships srever.

33 comments in this topic

Members
61 posts
7,893 battles

Apparently a lot of people have been complaining about dropping out of the game and losing connection and then they start searching all over the Internet for a way to boost their internet when that is not the problem it's the server they just windup screwing up their computer with bad advice. No matter what time it is day and how many players are playing when I'm playing Tier 1 up to Tier 3 I never have a drop out as soon as I start playing tier 4 tier to tier 7 I get multiple dropouts almost every game they need a more powerful server has anyone ever got a straight answer from them on this problem.Okay it's a game but it's also a business I've been in commercial and advertising all my life.I worked for grey advertising in New York with all the top gurus so I know what I'm talking about if they want to make money and have people buy premium ships and fix your service so they don't drop out nobody wants to spend their money and not be able to play the game the way they want to.Your ship has been destroyed and you lose all the points that sucks.I feel sorry for some kid who got their mothers or fathers to charge on there Credit Card and bought premium ships and then they keep on getting dropped out and their screaming like crazy in their bedroom in their parents wanted to know what's going on so he or she has to make excuses.Almost 10,000 players at 6pm today Tuesday November 14th I wonder if they're running Diagnostics on the server during peak time when there's at least 10,000 players Believe it I know the game of making money and advertising apparently they're more interested in changing the way planes react and ships and making this ship better and some ship worse and all kinds of graphic improvements and what but you're damn serveris crap, I think some there gurus are missing the point it's a business baby you want to make money do what you got to do and make people want to spend money if your server doesn't drop them out five six times during a game.if anybody disagrees with me about their server should be more powerful than they must work for them.

frog.jpg

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,179 posts
2,029 battles

Punctuation is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I'm gonna beat @RivertheRoyal to the punch and suggest you read this;

• Cool 2

[KENT]
Members
480 posts
3,037 battles

Return is your friend.  Also WoWs servers are all great for me, I only get 100ish ping on SEA even though in WoT SEA I used to get 200-300.  35 ping for NA.  I mean, you could have WoT EU servers.

[TDM]
Members
152 posts
5,576 battles

I have played this game for 2 years, and in that time I can count on two hands the amount of times I have dropped from a battle.  I can assure you, your problem has NOTHING to do with the server.  If you keep getting dropped out of games, you need to look elsewhere for the real problem.   Again, if your dropping 5 or 6 times out of a battle then you really need to be checking things on your end more thoroughly.  I'm not trying to make you mad, I'm just trying to help you eliminate your real problem.

• Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,074 battles
17 minutes ago, Navajovin said:

Apparently a lot of people have been complaining about dropping out of the game and losing connection and then they start searching all over the Internet for a way to boost their internet when that is not the problem it's the server they just windup screwing up their computer with bad advice. No matter what time it is day and how many players are playing when I'm playing Tier 1 up to Tier 3 I never have a drop out as soon as I start playing tier 4 tier to tier 7 I get multiple dropouts almost every game they need a more powerful server has anyone ever got a straight answer from them on this problem.Okay it's a game but it's also a business I've been in commercial and advertising all my life.I worked for grey advertising in New York with all the top gurus so I know what I'm talking about if they want to make money and have people buy premium ships and fix your service so they don't drop out nobody wants to spend their money and not be able to play the game the way they want to.Your ship has been destroyed and you lose all the points that sucks.I feel sorry for some kid who got their mothers or fathers to charge on there Credit Card and bought premium ships and then they keep on getting dropped out and their screaming like crazy in their bedroom in their parents wanted to know what's going on so he or she has to make excuses.Almost 10,000 players at 6pm today Tuesday November 14th I wonder if they're running Diagnostics on the server during peak time when there's at least 10,000 players Believe it I know the game of making money and advertising apparently they're more interested in changing the way planes react and ships and making this ship better and some ship worse and all kinds of graphic improvements and what but you're damn serveris crap, I think some there gurus are missing the point it's a business baby you want to make money do what you got to do and make people want to spend money if your server doesn't drop them out five six times during a game.if anybody disagrees with me about their server should be more powerful than they must work for them.

frog.jpg

Wall of text. Didn't read. Formatting is your friend

• Cool 1

Members
61 posts
7,893 battles

thank you for your replies.

My computer is top of the line.And so is my internet.I have had people from new york check it out. its not on my end.

Members
61 posts
7,893 battles

Please reformat and I'll read your post. No one cares what are  you a teacer.

Edited by Navajovin

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

Some people have issues, but unless it's a problem impacting a significant portion of the community it's far more likely to be either an ISP connectivity issue either to the ISP or from the ISP to Wargaming's servers.  If you think you are having a problem, put a ticket in and WG will walk you thought some troubleshooting steps that will help them identify if the problem is on their end or elsewhere.

It may come as a shock to you but in my clan of 40 people we rarely, if ever, see connectivity issues.  The last time anybody was complaining of these problems it turned out that his service provider had to come out and do work at his place.

This isn't to say that WG hasn't had problems, but all of the symptoms you're describing are anecdotal at best and likely to be on your end at the worst.  Just because you don't have any issues with other applications doesn't mean that the problem isn't a connectivity issue, PvP video games require a relatively stable and low latency connection and it's entirely possible that the path from your computer to WG isn't optimized sufficiently for the game.  When there are serious server issues there's usually very little uncertainty.

[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,737 battles

While OP reviews sentence structure, I have been dropped at least two of every three games for the last week. Also, it's not limited to in game but just being in port and boom! Black screen and back to login screen. Anyone else having the same issues?

[YORHA]
Members
3,244 posts
1 hour ago, Navajovin said:

My computer is top of the line.And so is my internet.I have had people from new york check it out. its not on my end.

Well... if they were from New York I guess that's all there is to say about that.

quizzical.jpg

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,089 battles
59 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

While OP reviews sentence structure, I have been dropped at least two of every three games for the last week. Also, it's not limited to in game but just being in port and boom! Black screen and back to login screen. Anyone else having the same issues?

Those are not server problems.  Your problem, and likely OPs is client side bugs.  The Client locks up and loses the connection.  This happens periodically, and more frequently after certain updates.  It would be nice if they got the client a bit more stable.

[SYN]
Members
334 posts
11,607 battles
2 hours ago, Navajovin said:

New York City or New York State?  This is kinda important to know

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles
1 hour ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Kind of it happens when I am in a division and the game freezes as I am going into battle mostly but also some times when I am just clicking in port. Screen doesn't go black though. It does happen a lot though when I am div'ed up. Never during a battle though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles
3 hours ago, Navajovin said:

Apparently a lot of people have been complaining about dropping out of the game(*Me: "A" Game? Warships or all games since the dawn of online gaming?) losing connection. They start searching all over the Internet for a way to boost their internet when that is not the problem. It's the server. They just wind up screwing up their computer with bad advice.(*Me: uh..)

No matter what time of day it is nor how many players are playing - when I'm playing Tier 1 up to Tier 3 I never have a drop out. As soon as I start playing tier 4 tier to tier 7 I get multiple dropouts almost every game. They need a more powerful server!!1! Has anyone ever got a straight answer from them [WG] on this problem?

Okay it's a game, but it's also a business. I've been in commercial and advertising all my life. I worked for Grey advertising in New York with all the top gurus - so I know what I'm talking about. if they want to make money and have people buy premium ships: [They should] fix their service so we don't drop out. Nobody wants to spend their money and not be able to play the game the way they want to. [You lose connection and find that]Your ship has been destroyed and you lose all the points & that sucks.

I feel sorry for some kid who got their mothers or fathers to charge on there Credit Card and bought premium ships and then they keep on getting dropped out and their screaming like crazy in their bedroom in their parents wanted to know what's going on so he or she has to make excuses. (*Me: ... wow, just wow....)

Almost 10,000 players at 6pm today, Tuesday, November 14th. I wonder if they're running Diagnostics on the server during peak time when there's at least 10,000 players.

Believe it I know the game of making money and advertising apparently they're more interested in changing the way planes react and ships and making this ship better and some ship worse and all kinds of graphic improvements and what but you're damn server is crap.(*Me: idfkwhattodowiththisline).

In closing, I think some [of these] gurus are missing the point: it's a business baby! You want to make money. [So] do what you got to do and make people want to spend money. If your server doesn't drop them out five six times during a game(*Me: Are we speaking of a single match or a session??) [then you'll make your money WG(?)].

if anybody disagrees with me about their server should be more powerful than they must work for them.(*Me: again....sigh)

frog.jpg

I did my best OP. It was too painful to look at.

I've dropped a number of times in the past week. Ship happens. I get right back in and hope for the best. As I've been gaming since the earliest days of the internet/online gaming: I consider myself extremely lucky to have what we have today. The crap one used to go through back then to get a couple hours of game time with some pals was brutal. But hey! We rolled with it and accepted it for what it was - Imperfect, fallible technology spanning thousands upon thousands of miles within millions upon million of wires and cables and wee pieces of this or that silicon. Roll with it m8.

Last night in fact: After a dropout and reconnect I got myself 2 handsome Devastating Strikes back to back. The CA saw me go passive for about 60+ seconds. Since I was not the clear and present threat - they ignored me and happily sailed broadside to my BB. Might be a useful tactic to employ.. hmmm:cap_yes:

Edited by Zyu

Members
1,759 posts
8,028 battles
4 hours ago, Navajovin said:

Open a ticket. One of the utilities they will link is ping plottter. It's basically just a gussied up trace route but its very useful for verify your connection. Your internet can be flawless but if you are getting routed thru a crapped out router the game can be horrendous. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do since backbone companies won't listen to you.

[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,737 battles
9 hours ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Those are not server problems.  Your problem, and likely OPs is client side bugs.  The Client locks up and loses the connection.  This happens periodically, and more frequently after certain updates.  It would be nice if they got the client a bit more stable.

No, speedtest and others indicate it's not network at least to WG.. in game ping goes through the roof ship freezes, then black screen and kick out to login screen. Guessing it's an inhouse networking issue on their end.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

it really is on your end.  I have no problems at all.  Since some folks do not have problems, it's not the servers.  Once you rule out that inconvenient truth, you're left with the inevitable conclusion, that the problem is on your end.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles
11 hours ago, Navajovin said:

It's not their servers. If you're dropping out it's the connection. Which means the routers, cabling getting you from point A to B. And you have to remember your equipment stops at the cable leaving your house heading for your ISP.

Your problem could be ANYWHERE along the data path leading to WG's servers.

If WGs servers were the issue, you wouldn't be able to login in the first place.

I really get frustrated when people scream "FIX YOUR SERVERS" when they don't have the first damn clue about bow the data gets back and forth from you to WG.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,082 battles
14 hours ago, Navajovin said:

If you understood what i was saying thats it.

Shut up and actually type in a way that would be understandable. I care not about your message if I have to dig through a wall of text that is 5 inches long and has no breaks whatsoever.