Buzzardsluck

No joy in tier 10 anymore

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

119 posts in this topic

In the 20km staring match meta, the Conqueror will dominate. In the side to side slowly tapering inward meta, the Conqueror will dominate.

In the case of a proper, unified, concerted push(the only meta I subscribe to) - the Conqueror is just another Battleship.

Very little issue in my GK.

Are you using Fire Prevention + Basics of Survivability + Damage Control 1 and 2 + India Yankee.

I miss the rudder shift and secondaries but the Conqueror is pretty much a non-issue.

I haven't had much of a problem with Conqueror at all.  

Trying to imagine who are the people having a problem.   Maybe just the battleship campers who don't actually know how to play this game.

I seldom have a problem with Conqueror in either a battleship or a cruiser.

3 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Listen to the You-tubers and the testers. CQ has made tier 10 a joke. Fires are out of control. No way to counter it no matter how you play it. Let it get to 3 fires and bang next hit 2 fires.. You can put a monkey in a CQ and sit back and hit other BBs with little skill and get fires every salvo. The British BB line should be scraped. If they want to keep them with their fire, call them heavy cruisers, knock their HPs just above other cruisers. Fix the citadel. Put them somewhere between a Cruiser and BB. That ship is destroying the tier 10 game. 

Disagree.  The CQ added another dynamic to the game the same as the KM line of BB's did when they were introduced.  You just have to learn to adapt to them.  Honestly the T10 play was getting a little stale and needed a shake up IMHO.  No different than when Yammy used to sail around with unrivaled impunity stomping everything in sight..  GK evened that out in a hurry.  T10 is still fun and my favorite tier to play.  Maybe run a new ship line?  I got a little bored with it all and ran up the KM DD line and that was a great change of pace from the BB play.  But then I don't listen to You Tubers.  Maybe I should go hear them tell me how I am not having fun......

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

I enjoy my GK and Hindy, CQ's are not my nemesis nor the Yamato its those Dang nab DD's {only when not riding my DD's i feel this way}

4 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

OK seriously, as Moskva player and a Conqueror player, keeping in mind to every advantage there is a counter:

GULAG.jpg.8d2a33b5eabf61cb53853dddabea5190.jpg

Enlighten us oh wise one.  Tell us how to counter getting set on fire everytime one gets hit by HE by the ships that you mentioned. And "don't get hit" aint it.

15 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Enlighten us oh wise one.  Tell us how to counter getting set on fire everytime one gets hit by HE by the ships that you mentioned. And "don't get hit" aint it.

It's really awareness, no more than when you are getting lit up in a BB by the Zao or Moskva at longer ranges... get out of range, get team mates to focus fire on them, have the right captain skills and flags to reduce fire damage. HE advantage in one BB line is just one more nuance to better dispersion, range or hitting power at said tier in another BB line. It's gamey but so what... It's a game and they want variety, as well as keeping things and people, like you, hopping.

2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

It's really awareness, no more than when you are getting lit up in a BB by the Zao or Moskva at longer ranges... get out of range, get team mates to focus fire on them, have the right captain skills and flags to reduce fire damage. HE advantage in one BB line is just one more nuance to better dispersion, range or hitting power at said tier in another BB line. It's gamey but so what... It's a game and they want variety, as well as keeping things and people, like you, hopping.

So your "counter" is to run away and let your team-mates take the heat. Gotcha! :Smile_sceptic:

One doesn't kill or damage enemy ships by running out of range from them. Because if you're out of their gun range, it's a safe bet that they're out of range of your guns too. Aint much of a "counter".

1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

So your "counter" is to run away and let your team-mates take the heat. Gotcha! :Smile_sceptic:

One doesn't kill or damage enemy ships by running out of range from them. Because if you're out of their gun range, it's a safe bet that they're out of range of your guns too. Aint much of a "counter".

Not at all, if you are going to get flamed to death as a BB and you don't have much back up and you need to move out of range. Simple.

Best not to get into that situation in the first place. I really prefer to brawl myself but I know when to cut my losses and move until the local situation improves.

9 hours ago, VGLance said:

Your performance shows you've flatlined.  You're barely improving at all.  It's like slightly above 0% growth and yet you are not even over 50% win rate, and before you can even think to blame other players or external factors, you have way too many battles at over 3000 to use that excuse plus your WTR is 900.

There are other human beings that are doing over double your current ability and have ZERO problem dealing with CQ's.  Doesn't a muscle in your brain go off and tell you that maybe you should first become a skilled and consistent performer before making determinations of whether or not something is broken?  If it's broke n for you, it has to be broken to everyone else and it isn't.  So a decently healthy-minded person would use deductive reasoning skills to say, "I'm going to go find out what the others are doing to counter the CQ and apply it."

As I figured, you have the ship and played the line. Want a banana? Also, Yes my skill rates if just below 50%, but I see you usually need 1-2 players Div. need others to hold your hand. No problem with that, I play 99% solo. I play lots of different ship to get the feel. I guess if I played my Arizona or Texas all the time I would well above 50%. Doing DDs now which is a learning curve but that is part of the game. So, sit back in the rear with you Yam and CQ and snipe. I did notice that you do suck in playing USN BBs, which tells me you do not play up close and like to sit back while others do the lifting. No problem, guess we need those too. HF GL.

Sorry to other posters, but when someone comes out with attack right away, they deserve getting their banana jammed back in their face.

Edited by Buzzardsluck

8 hours ago, Batwingsix said:

Between the HE spam from all the battleships now and the all around game model of BB's vs DD's with one or two cruisers mixed in at higher tiers, I have all but stopped playing. Tier 5/6 where it used to be a fun relaxation mode is now just a you know what show of Sharn's and Belfasts seal clubbing anything they can. Tier 8 is just fodder for 10's since they pull a ton of tier 10 games. 

I got the teir 5 Texas and I am having fun with it. Good ship, can brawl even though sometimes you are up tiered, but it still holds it's own. The tier 6 Arizona used to be like this but I cannot remember the last time I was not in a tier 8 game with it. The Arizona struggles tiered up where I find the Texas handles it better. Can't win with the Montana in 10 anymore unless I sit way back and out of play, which does not help team. The CQ has no weakness as I can see. Like I said, a monkey could play it. 

8 hours ago, VGLance said:

But HE damage is repairable and AP damage is mostly not, a major reason why it balances out that noobs never mention.

What a stupid comment. When you are starting fires every salvo, their is only so many heals. Want to make it better, take HE away from BBs. 

If you struggle with fire then take fire prevention.

I've seen many Conqueror and i have no issue dealing with them in my Saint Louis or with cruiser in general. If you know how to time your Damage con and your heal, fire is not an issue. If you know that the Conqueror is after you, then don't repair your fire even if you have 2 fire on your ship. Better burn 30 sec with 2 fire and repair than use your damage control then burn with 4 fire and no repair. 

Facing an average CQ is actually pretty fun as a cruiser, because you know he will delete you in 1 salvo (unless fun and engaging moment comes). It's even better now since the fire duration has been reduced to 30 sec for cruiser huehuehue

Well you see BBs have been catered to a lot. Their counter has been nerfed multiple times, directly and indirectly. WoWs RPS balance is essentially:

Asteroid: BBs
Japanese folded steel Scissors: Radar CA
Paper mache: DDs

So of course a BB that profits most from making other BBs its primary target is going to get a lot of complaints. 

Its certainly okay and working intended for Radar Satellite Scan to hard counter DDs, Its certainly okay for BBs to be able to easily delete CAs and DDs with 1-2 salvos of laser guided rounds.

but oh my oh my not burninating BBs which scratches the paint

Edited by zarth12

First off if you are in a cruiser, you probably do not have a problem with the CQ, it is most likely sitting back focusing on other BBs. In ending all I am saying is they have put a Extremely OP ship. Does not give up citadels, Good anti-detection, great heals and can sit back and point and shoot at any BB and start a fire, no matter how bad the aim is of the player. This cannot be argued. So fix your skill setting, How do you prevent fires without taking away from the ship you are playing? Even a potato like me can see that this ship is BROKEN and should,not be in the game as is. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

First off if you are in a cruiser, you probably do not have a problem with the CQ, it is most likely sitting back focusing on other BBs. In ending all I am saying is they have put a Extremely OP ship. Does not give up citadels, Good anti-detection, great heals and can sit back and point and shoot at any BB and start a fire, no matter how bad the aim is of the player. This cannot be argued. So fix your skill setting, How do you prevent fires without taking away from the ship you are playing? Even a potato like me can see that this ship is BROKEN and should,not be in the game as is. 

That is the problem, only a potato has problems dealing with it. It is not broken. 
It is pretty simple.... just like if you are noticing that you are getting surprised torped a lot... you spec your captain for vigilance... swap out a mod.......and adapt your playstyle.  If you are getting set on fire too much..... you spec your captain for anti fire.... swap out some mods..... equip a flag.... adapt....profit.

Its not like the Conq hard counters anyone. Sure the fires can be annoying but in the 15km and under range, the conq gets deleted fast. In the 20km+ range.... the conq has serious accuracy problems. If you are in a BB and letting the conq lob shells at you from 24km... and you get hit by more than one or 2 shells.... that is your dumb mistake + RNG taking the conqs side. Also your fault for not moving out of range/using superior accuracy.

Newsflash, you don't need cits to kill another BB.
BBs drivers just need to stop with this entitlement rioting, where anything that profits from primarily targeting them, gets nerfed because its somehow "OP"

The real strength of the ship is its detection range and rate of fire. Yes, fires can be repaired but it's like an affliction warlock..( I know some of you know what I mean) you can keep dots on multiple ships and as soon as they repair you can re-apply the pain train, or spread pressure. The Conq forces the opposing team to have to manage their own consumables in a different manor, by adding 15 additional fires to a game were they didn't exist in the past does change how the game will be played.

No amount of perfect angling is immune to this thing. And the real frustrating part of the Conq is its ability to disappear. 11.8k detection.

Yes the ship is beatable but in the hands of a good player it is a nightmare.

2 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

What a stupid comment. When you are starting fires every salvo, their is only so many heals. Want to make it better, take HE away from BBs. 

What captains build do you run?  Do you have Fire Prevention and Basics of Survivability?

1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

The real strength of the ship is its detection range and rate of fire. Yes, fires can be repaired but it's like an affliction warlock..( I know some of you know what I mean) you can keep dots on multiple ships and as soon as they repair you can re-apply the pain train, or spread pressure. The Conq forces the opposing team to have to manage their own consumables in a different manor, by adding 15 additional fires to a game were they didn't exist in the past does change how the game will be played.

No amount of perfect angling is immune to this thing. And the real frustrating part of the Conq is its ability to disappear. 11.8k detection.

No, it is nothing like that hyperbolic comparison.

The Conq doesn't have some magic RoF advantage over other BBs.
No, it doesn't start multiple fires every salvo.
So... no.... Conqs are not mass "DoT'ing"  a bunch of targets at once.

1 hour ago, zarth12 said:

No, it is nothing like that hyperbolic comparison.

The Conq doesn't have some magic RoF advantage over other BBs.
No, it doesn't start multiple fires every salvo.
So... no.... Conqs are not mass "DoT'ing"  a bunch of targets at once.

Because you are 41% in yours with 82 games indicates that you have no clue how to play this ship.

There is no BB that has a faster reload. I never said that it starts multiple fires every salvo.

In fact the are exactly that, mass dotting ships. If you were to try it, you might get that putrid WR up in the strongest BB in the game.

13 hours ago, VGLance said:

But HE damage is repairable and AP damage is mostly not, a major reason why it balances out that noobs never mention.

Not all of it and how much varies by class and country. Next time you are on fire and still taking HE fire watch the maximum health you can heal to drop with every hit you take. The real irony of this is the RN ships that spam napalm are the ones that have the best heal.

Ehh that ship is not all that awesome.

To me it is just another ship in the game that you can focus down or push to the back of the map.

If i am in my DesMoines and it is firing HE at me then i have no issue with that by all means keep using it.

Its when you run into one that uses AP as its primary ammo choice and is accurate with it that i care more about.

25 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Because you are 41% in yours with 82 games indicates that you have no clue how to play this ship.

There is no BB that has a faster reload. I never said that it starts multiple fires every salvo.

In fact the are exactly that, mass dotting ships. If you were to try it, you might get that putrid WR up in the strongest BB in the game.

Nice logical fallacies. Anymore "shoot yourself in the foot" statements you'd like to make?

3 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

lets take a look at your own words again. You CLEARLY claimed it has a rate of fire advantage. You clearly compared it to an affliction warlock and clearly claimed it is keeping multiple "DoTs" on multiple ships, and even able to reapply them all when DCP is used. 

Yea, the lowest accuracy game coded accuracy BB, with BB standard reload is somehow spreading mass fires on multiple targets and reapplying them as well. What is an unhindered fire duration in game again? What is the natural DCP cooldown?   

and the Hyperbole spam award of the interwebz goes to you my friend. 
Also i'd like to point out, if you knew even basic statistical analysis, you'd be aware that Conq is NOT the highest performing BB

/Checkmate

Edited by zarth12

I found the British BB line to be totally dumb founded and lazy...what could have been a fantastic line to play is reduced to stealth builds and HE spam.

People call it whatever they want, it still doesn't change the fact you are lazy aiming with HE shells like any tier 1 noob would...